• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Fan Apps Closed Christmas in July - a Fanwork Secret Santa

Thread Description
the classic out of time fanwork exchange returns

original nickname

What's your poison?
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
Ice, Cool
"What is Christmas in July?" I hear you ask. "How did you get in here, what are you doing in my house?" These are all questions I have answers for.

Christmas in July is a fanwork exchange that was run in previous years when the forums were on Tapa...uh...that other site and even before that on Zetaboards. It's a fanwork secret Santa, except instead of being in the month of snow and eggnog it's in the month of sun and rum! Plus I asked around, and it didn't look like anyone had this going on the backburner, so I decided to get the ball rolling 'cause I did it last year and I had a blast. You find out about new runs, you get to make someone happy, what's not to love?

The best part is, it's not limited to what your work is! You got a comic? You write a storylocke? You do some SSWL runs? You got a creative project? Congratulations you're already P R E - A P P R O V E D !

The world sucks right now, so instead let's spread some holiday cheer and good vibes.

How it works:

Okay, bear with me, I've never run one of these things before, I just serve drinks.

So by following this link you'll arrive at the handy dandy sign up page. Signups will be open until 00:01 GMT+1 on June 30th

Throw down your username, the name of your run, and a link to it to proceed. That's it for now! You can also provide your discord handle to make it easier for me to contact you all at once because I'm hella lazy. If you're a super rad cool person, you can also volunteer to be a backup creator; in case somebody isn't able to finish their gift, the backup folks are there to make sure everyone gets a gift!

Once the signups are closed I will use an advanced scientific method (read: hastily written java program) to pair everyone up with a secret Santa. From then on you'll have the whole month of July to make your gift! Specifically 23:59 GMT+1 July 31st. And then the gifts shall be exchanged! The stockings shall be emptied, the turkey shall be roasted, the crackers pulled and I'll nap in the armchair waiting for the Wallace and Gromit marathon to come on BBC 2. If you've got any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

And that's it, let's spread some of that summery yuletide joy!

By the way a huuuge thank you to @Bug for helping me out with questions and the like. As I said before I've never done this before, but this forum's always been so good and it's nice to give back!

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
There is no exclusive option for backup creator, but that’s what I’m here for! Nothing currently up-and-running to get art for! Just how I like it. I’m invincible.:D Super excited for this exchange!

original nickname

What's your poison?
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
Ice, Cool
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah that's the spirit! I have also now added an option for those that want to sign up just to be backup creators, so anyone can get in on the holiday cheer that way

Signups will continue to be open for one week from now! So there is still plenty of time to join in the festivity

original nickname

What's your poison?
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
Ice, Cool
Woo! We've got a plethora of signups so far, this event is gonna be great! Just a reminder that signups will close roughly 2 days from now, so if you're still on the fence now's your chance! (also I'm paying everyone bribes shhh dont tell the mods)

original nickname

What's your poison?
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
Ice, Cool
Alright folks! Signups are now closed, and recipient assignments have been sent out (hopefully) to all of you by now! (if you haven't had a message from me with your assignment, please contact me cause it means I screwed up something big time and I gotta cover my tracks) So, the clock is running, I'm thankful to all of you for signing up, but I'm also thrilled to see what kind of sick fanworks you are all gonna make each over the next month! Happy holidays y'all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)