• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Chess RTD

Thread Description
Chess can be an RTD game what're you talking about

localhoney

~either i'm careless or i wanna get caught~
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Localhoney, the Sweet Toxin Pokemon. It's said that the sounds it emits can paralyze even a Gigantamax Grimmsnarl.
I flip the board, turning this into Upside-Down Chess RTD.

Norhian Samur

Kanto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Time to extend the game: I modify the rules of the game of chess so that every piece has to be captured before the game can end.

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'd copy-paste the Zorua Pokedex entry, but I'm too lazy.
I turn Blue Eyes Battleship Dragon into Red Eyes Battleship Dragon so it may be turned to the Black side.

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Normal
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I summon the dog from Monopoly. All the chessmen will stop fighting to pet the doggo. World peace!
(4) - You manage to summon the dog, and everyone thinks he's quite cute. Despite how cute the dog is though, war is war, and the armies refuse to stop fighting!

I command G7/A5 to use the gauntlet to snap away half of the pieces on the board (round up or down if required). I see balance is required once again.
(4) - S N A P. Half the pieces begin to fade away to dust, but some of the more important/stronger pieces saw this coming (Blue Eyes Battleship Dragon, Silver Megarook, Saintaur, the Therapist, both B/W Kings, and of course, yourself), and are able to avoid the dusting altogether if they get picked!

Entity Count: 32
Dust Count: 16

Blue Bishop!
Red Knight!
A8 CHES Agent!
D6 Red Pawn!
B3 Blue Pawn!
B6 White Pawn!
Red Rook!
G7 - DUSTING DODGED
Red Bishop!
Black King - DUSTING DODGED
Red Queen!
Red King!
Red Pawn!
Blue Queen!
D3 Blue Pawn!
Therapist - DUSTING DODGED

You know that queen who ended up outside of the board into another reality during turn 2? Yeah let’s bring her back to assassinate the therapist on G7
(1) - So uh, first of all when the Black Queen comes back, she accidentally rips another hole in reality, making an even bigger tear than last time. And when she comes tumbling in, the Therapist offers her a hand to stand back up, creating an instant friendship between the two, and killing all the murderous intent that the Black Queen had going into this. Also she's upside down now.

I'm gonna swoop in and steal the time stone out of the infinity gauntlet and use it to return the board to its initial state.
(5) - You do exactly that, taking the time stone and reversing the board back to its initial state. But something's wrong! The tears in reality are causing weird side effects to the timestone's abilities, and keeps the original timeline going as well! Not that it's doing too well. Anywho I guess we're playing 5D chess now.

As the Silver Megarook, steal the Infinity Gauntlet.
(5) - While G7 is busy with his snap, you, the giant mech, are somehow able to sneak beside him. As soon as the dusting finishes, and he raises a hand in glorious success, Silver Megarook snatches the Infinity Gauntlet! It grows in size to match the slightly bigger stature of Silver Megarook as well, which is neat. It is missing a Time Stone, however...

Ah dang, I got the cops on us. Sorry, guys!

As the knight on A2, I will attempt to take the queen on C1.
(3) - The knight makes it's attack, jumping over pieces and-oh she was already dusted. Success?

I ready my Drigger Beyblade and let it rip across the board. Hopefully it will clean some of the mess.
(3) - You forgot to grab your Beyblade, so you just spin the board instead. It rotates clockwise (3) times! This doesn't really do much, other than maybe annoy some other players.

now, a good saintaur never leaves a nasty mess behind after a job well done! i'll go ahead and clean up the messy corpse of a knight that i made last time. better hide the body somewhere!
(6) - As a smart and good Saintuar, you know the perfect place to put this body! You make a quick tear in reality and just plop the pieces in there! No one will ever find it now! Mission accomplished! Surely nothing bad will come of this, and nothing does! Yet...

I flip the board, turning this into Upside-Down Chess RTD.
(2) - You begin to start flipping the board, but the CHES agents give you a threatening look. Apparently Upside-Down Chess has been decreed illegal in all forms of play. Something about destroying an entire space-time dimension. Something that certainly won't happen on this board, not on CHES' watchful eyes!

Time to extend the game: I modify the rules of the game of chess so that every piece has to be captured before the game can end.
(1) - Trying to change the rules of Chess??? While the CHES agents are watching?? Not a good idea. In fact, they remind everyone that the goal is to take the enemy King, and now everyone is refocused on their goal! As much as they can be, at the very least. They even remove the mancala rocks surrounding them to make it easier to reach!

I play Snare (https://netrunnerdb.com/en/card/25091) on G8, attempting to catch any piece that face checks it
. . . Result unknown . . .

I turn Blue Eyes Battleship Dragon into Red Eyes Battleship Dragon so it may be turned to the Black side.
(5) - The Blue Eyes Battleship Dragon is moved by your command, and transforms, into Shining Black! Red Eyes Battleship Dragon. Shining Black! Red Eyes Battleship Dragon the immediately takes aim at the White King, prepared to end the game now! The White King must Roll to Dodge!

(Shining Black! Red Eyes Battleship Dragon: 6 | White King: 5*)
(Therapist: 1)

Shining Black! Red Eyes Battleship Dragon unleashes a torrent of missiles and gunfire towards the White King. The King, while ready, and showing off some extremely impressive dodging skills and jumping on missiles, does get struck by a few of the bullets in the onslaught, damaging him!

The tears in reality begin sucking up anything nearby??? Nearby entities need to Roll to Dodge!

The Orange Mancala Stone gets sucked into the Tear!
The Red Battleship Peg gets sucked into the Tear!
(Bottom Right Tear: 3 | Saintuar: 4)
(Bottom Right Tear: 5 | Dog: 1) - The Dog gets sucked into the Tear!
(Bottom Tear: 1 | Blue King: 5)
(Bottom Tear: 5 | H3 W!Knight: 1) - The Knight get sucked into the Tear!

Aureum

And the gods shall know his name.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Aureums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
In the original timeline, I command G7 to just destroy the chessboard itself, leaving only shards for the worthy to stand on.

In the other one, I arrange for a date for the Kings. You know, get them to put this war aside in the name of love.

OrdoSkirata

Space Nerd
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Wild Ordo will often hide alone; however, caught specimen are loyal until their death.
Mmm that's not what I was expecting, but it works. I'll go ahead and play pawn to D4 (white) on the new board and hope someone will actually play a regular round of chess.

The chaos can stay where it is, thanks.

Miscellaneous

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 29, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
???
Whatever, I don't need the time stone for what I'm doing anyways.

I'm going to use the Infinity Gauntlet in order to get rid of everybody's will to fight. If nobody wants to fight, there will be no war, and therefore the board will finally have peace.

Norhian Samur

Kanto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
I summon the red army from risk to take over the original chess board.

localhoney

~either i'm careless or i wanna get caught~
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Localhoney, the Sweet Toxin Pokemon. It's said that the sounds it emits can paralyze even a Gigantamax Grimmsnarl.
I'll play some regular chess with Ordo and move the black pawn to E2

boomdidiyadah

Looking into middle distance
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 6, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pokédex Entry
Quietly sings to itself quite constantly, and is said to always have a song inside its head. Despite this, it has a terrible singing voice.
Regular chess indeed! On the new board, white knight to C3.

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'd copy-paste the Zorua Pokedex entry, but I'm too lazy.
Regular chess sounds good to me. New board: Black Knight to F3.

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Normal
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
In the original timeline, I command G7 to just destroy the chessboard itself, leaving only shards for the worthy to stand on.

In the other one, I arrange for a date for the Kings. You know, get them to put this war aside in the name of love.

(6) - You know the one truth. The only worth people here are you, and the kings. If they're the only ones alive, they HAVE to date each other. You begin to hover in place, the board around you crumbling into nothing. You are the one who will bring peace to these worlds. You are the one who can transcend time and space to do it. You WILL bring about the end of this. You may be missing the gauntlet, but that was but a crutch. You never needed it. You, are A QUEEN. You, are G7. And with that, you simply smile, and bring down fiery death upon the board. And not just this board, but the other too.

A TRAP HAS BEEN-
A TRAP HAS BEEN-
A TRAP HAS BEEN-

I play Snare (https://netrunnerdb.com/en/card/25091) on G8, attempting to catch any piece that face checks it
(6) - Psh, Snare is too weak of a card! Instead, you plant Explode-A-Palooza on EVERY SINGLE UNOCCUPIED SPACE. That'll clear out the weaklings!

And so, as fire rains down on the board and each and every Explode-A-Palooze trap triggers together, G7's One True Explosion is created. The Kings are safe, however, all other pieces must Roll To Dodge!

G7's One True Explosion: 6

T1:
White Pawn Survives! (6)
Blue Pawn Survives! (6)
Therapist (6)
Saintaur (6)
Silver MegaRook (2* 6)

T2:
B6 White Rook (6)
A8 White Pawn (6)
G1 Black Pawn (6)
H7 Black Knight (6)
H5 Black Queen (6)
H3 Black Bishop (6)

All other pieces have perished.

*Powerful Pieces were allowed one reroll

The explosion is enough to rip through reality, space, and time, creating wonton destruction everywhere, leaving almost nowhere safe. The two kings remain, but there is additional trash that must be removed. On the downside, the kings are a bit too distracted by the imminent destruction of everything around them to have a date right now.

Mmm that's not what I was expecting, but it works. I'll go ahead and play pawn to D4 (white) on the new board and hope someone will actually play a regular round of chess.

The chaos can stay where it is, thanks.
(4) - The pawn can reach C4, but there's a hole in the board leading to the void if the pawn was to go any further. Best not go there.

Whatever, I don't need the time stone for what I'm doing anyways.

I'm going to use the Infinity Gauntlet in order to get rid of everybody's will to fight. If nobody wants to fight, there will be no war, and therefore the board will finally have peace.
(2) - The Infinity Gauntlet seems to be a bit on the fritz. Likely because the dimensions themselves look to be falling apart around you.

I summon the red army from risk to take over the original chess board.
(2) - You attempt to toss the Red Army on the board, but they kinda just fall into the void. Whoops.

I'll play some regular chess with Ordo and move the black pawn to E2
(4) - The only remaining Black Pawn heeds, your command, moving over to E3 before being forced to stop by the empty nothingness that surrounds. They do get to wave to the White Pawn across the gap, and they seem just as confused.

Regular chess indeed! On the new board, white knight to C3.
(5) - Despite the fact that there's no White Knight, one materializes out of thin air, and moves to C3 as you command, apparently able to float in the void? Must be one of those new fangled Void Knights.

Regular chess sounds good to me. New board: Black Knight to F3.
(2) - The remaining Black Knight is too stunned with fear to do anything!

Norhian Samur

Kanto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Ok so this is getting a bit out of control. I send the white rook back in time to assassinate G7 before the game started.

Aureum

And the gods shall know his name.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Aureums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
I have become G7. I am G7 and G7 is me.

This time I shall ensure I will crush anything and everything until there only remains kings. Nothing shall stand in my way.

The only exception is one piece of Zorua’s choosing.

Last edited:

Miscellaneous

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 29, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
???
Ooh, these rifts in reality do NOT look good. I should find some more Fabric of Reality and patch all these holes up using an interdimentional sewing needle and some really really strong thread.

BadgerDaddy

DISAPPOINTED!
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 4, 2020
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
This was a mistake!
This is too much purplw for my taste!
I spill a bucket of a random color over the [board?]

sugar heart

nono morikubo is a qt
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
hello, i like idols.
(sorry for missing last round, it was too short)

danger danger!! rifts in reality are becoming too powerful!! g7! did you make this mess?!?! i'm gonna go right up to you, wherever you are, and slice your head off, even if it's the last thing i do!!!

boomdidiyadah

Looking into middle distance
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 6, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pokédex Entry
Quietly sings to itself quite constantly, and is said to always have a song inside its head. Despite this, it has a terrible singing voice.
I give the Void Knight a cup of coffee so that he has enough power to charge the Black King. I estimate he could reach him in three L-shapes.

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
just gonna use the silver megarook (that's somehow floating around?) and attack all the kings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)