• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Chess RTD

Thread Description
Chess can be an RTD game what're you talking about

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Normal
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I move the Rook on H8 to H6
(4) - The Rook readies itself, then moves to take H6. Since The Carrier is currently occupying the space, the Rook attempts to capture it! The Carrier must Roll to Dodge!

(Rook: 2 | Carrier: 1) - The Rook takes a tumble, but smashes through another section of The Carrier!

I am inevitable.

I give G7 the infinity gauntlet, and tell him use it to crush his foes where they stand.
(4) - You successfully pass on the Infinity Gauntlet, and it's limitless power, to G7. He laughs maniacally, and attacks the nearest piece! The Pawn of B6 must Roll to Dodge!

(G7 Pawn: 1 | B6 Pawn: 2) - Unfortunately, there is still a tinge of pawn-manity in G7's soul, and they hesitate to bring down the helpless pawn, giving B6 just enough time to block the assault with their pawn-ness.

I scatter mancala stones across the board.
(6) - You summon a meteor storm of mancala stones, that rain devastation on the board! Everyone needs to Roll To Dodge!

Mancala Meteors: 3

Chess Pieces:
A1 Rook: 1 - Destroyed
A2 Knight: 4 - No Damage
A5 Pawn (G7): 5 - No Damage
A7 Knight: 2 - Damaged
A8 Rook: 4 - No Damage
B1 Pawn: 4 - No Damage
B6 Pawn: 6 - No Damage
C4 Saintaur: 5 - No Damage
H1 Rook: 6 - No Damage
H2 Knight: 6 - No Damage
H3 Bishop: 2 - Damaged
H4 Queen: 4 - No Damage
H5 Queen: 5 - No Damage
H6 Rook: 1 - Destroyed

Silver General: 5 - No Damage

Battleship Pieces:
A-B3 Battleship: 2, 2 - Destroyed
C1-4 Battleship: 4, 1, 2, 5 - Middle Sections Destroyed

D1-3 Battleship: 5, 4, 3 - No Damage
D-H6 Battleship: 3, 1, 1 - E/G Sections Destroyed
E-G1 Battleship: 2, 5, 4 - E Section Destroyed

Well you know what counters ships? Cannons!

I summon some cannons (from Chinese Chess/xiangqi) around the center of the board
(3) - You manage to summon a single cannon at the center of the board. It's not much, but it's something, and the only bad move in Chess is to not make any moves at all. Cause that's just time wasting and that's lame. Regardless, there's a cannon on the field now.

Stack rooks on top of one another to make them become the Megarook, and also a really really cool tower.
(6) - It is time. The two remaining Rooks, H1 and A8 nod to each other, and engage Operation Megarook. The two call upon the pieces of their fallen Rook brothers, and begin the ritual, rocketing towards the center and smashing into each other in a brilliant display, and fusing together in a complex sequence of flashing lights and rook poses. The Silver General and Cannon both find themselves drawn into the display, and soon find themselves becoming one with the ritual as well. With one last flash of light, the newly formed Rook Mech lands on the ground, completed. The Silver Megarook is fully operational.

now, i'll go to f3, because sure, i can combine my powers and make totally legal moves!
(4) - You do exactly that, moving to F3 with a majestic leap over Silver Megarook. This is a pretty nice position too.

Send that Castle on H1 (or his pal, if he's been destroyed) to take over that sweet sub.
(5) - Despite the fact that H1 is currently part of a MECH, you continue with your idea. You do this by picking up the entire submarine and placing it around the Silver Megarook's arm (Which is H1), which somehow let's it integrate into the rest of the mech, giving it all the submarine's weapons and power. The Silver Megarook has been successfully upgraded with the Arm of the Seas. The Silver Megarook, of course, did have to move to the submarine to attach it.

Move the H4 Queen up to F2
(1) - Yeah uh, given that there is currently a giant mech standing on F2, the queen is instead frightened beyond relief, and tries to flee! But away from the mech means exiting the board! The fabric of reality has to roll to dodge!

(Fabric of Reality: 1 | H4 Queen: 5) - Reality isn't going to stop this Queen! She has to get away from The Silver Megarook as fast as possible, so she tears through reality itself in order to leave the board and jump into ???. At least it's safe here. Probably.

There's too many obstacles! I move the H5 queen to attack the ship on the D-row. Hostile boarding party!
(3) - Well, unfortunately there's a Saintaur in the way, and Queens don't have jumping powers! Instead, you move directly forward, to attack the C-row battleship! The C-Battleship must Roll To Dodge!

(Queen: 3 | C-Battleship: 4) - Unfortunately, this section of the Battleship actually seems prepared for combat! Enough to defend itself at the very least, leaving the fight at a stalemate, and leaving the H5 Queen stuck at D5.

--

The Battleships take aim, and fire another peg!

(D1) - HIT! The D1 section of the D-Row Battleship is destroyed by the incoming peg, which turns red on impact!

Aureum

And the gods shall know his name.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Aureums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
I summon the kings back from wherever they are!

BadgerDaddy

DISAPPOINTED!
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 4, 2020
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
This was a mistake!
I take the kings to a couple's therapy to hopefully solve any issues they have with eacher other that started this in the first place.

Miscellaneous

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 29, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
???
Create a colorful prism from the 6 mancala stones to make the board rainbow colored

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'd copy-paste the Zorua Pokedex entry, but I'm too lazy.
Hmm... I originally planned to have my Castle take over the sub and fire missiles at the White King, but seeing as it is now part of a Silver Megarook, its allegiance cannot be trusted.

However, there's a small problem: the White King appears to be in another dimension, and the Infinity Stones only work in one's own dimension. No matter. I command G7 to use the Reality and Power Stones to send the Mancala rocks out of the chessboard dimension, and rain Mancala fire down on the extradimensional spaces of A9 and B9 (or wherever the heck the White King ends up, idk these actions can be hard to keep track of).

localhoney

~either i'm careless or i wanna get caught~
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Localhoney, the Sweet Toxin Pokemon. It's said that the sounds it emits can paralyze even a Gigantamax Grimmsnarl.
I stack three chess boards atop our current one, thereby turning this into 3D Chess RTD

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
H3 Bishop to E6

boomdidiyadah

Looking into middle distance
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 6, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pokédex Entry
Quietly sings to itself quite constantly, and is said to always have a song inside its head. Despite this, it has a terrible singing voice.
I place an advert in the local classifieds.

Wanted: Sniper who can hit from 8 squares away. High risk high reward work. Flexible hours. 555-1337.

sugar heart

nono morikubo is a qt
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
hello, i like idols.
y'know, that abomination at e2 looks pretty terrifying, so i'm gonna skedaddle over to h2 to get the fuck away from it! bye bye random inferior black knight!

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
sacrifice the remaining battleships and summon blue eyes white dragon in B5

Norhian Samur

Kanto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
It's time to expand. I Summon 2 more chess Armies to fight.

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Normal
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I summon the kings back from wherever they are!
(5) - You place the Kings back on the board, putting the game back into full swing! And with the kings back in their original position, both are now in danger of being attacked!

THE WHITE KING IS NOW IN CHECK!
THE BLACK KING IS NOW IN CHECK!

I take the kings to a couple's therapy to hopefully solve any issues they have with eacher other that started this in the first place.
(5) - You hire a tiny therapist who summons both the Black King and the White King, to H7 and H8 respectively for their counseling. Apparently this whole war started because the Black King is shorter than the White King. Who would've guessed? Anyway after a very well executed counseling session, they don't hate each other too much anymore. Not enough to attack each other at the very least. They totally could given they're one space away from each other, but they've decided to restrain themselves for now, and let their soldiers do the fighting instead.

Create a colorful prism from the 6 mancala stones to make the board rainbow colored
(3) - You're not able to meld the mancala stones together, but you ARE able to make each one light up individually, adding a bit more color to the board.

Hmm... I originally planned to have my Castle take over the sub and fire missiles at the White King, but seeing as it is now part of a Silver Megarook, its allegiance cannot be trusted.

However, there's a small problem: the White King appears to be in another dimension, and the Infinity Stones only work in one's own dimension. No matter. I command G7 to use the Reality and Power Stones to send the Mancala rocks out of the chessboard dimension, and rain Mancala fire down on the extradimensional spaces of A9 and B9 (or wherever the heck the White King ends up, idk these actions can be hard to keep track of).
(4) - Fortunately, the White King is back is the Chessboard Dimension! Unfortunately, the Black King and a random therapist are with him, but collateral is collateral. They must all roll to dodge!

Mancala Rocks: 4
vs
B!King: 1*
W!King: 1*
Therapist: 6

While the Black and White King are distracted, the Therapist is having none of it, and won't let you interfere with the counseling! Using PERSONAL SPACE, he manages to stop all four of the Mancala rocks before they can reach the Kings, causing the rocks to fall around them harmlessly.

I stack three chess boards atop our current one, thereby turning this into 3D Chess RTD
(2) - Unfortunately, the laws of Chess only allow for there to be one board, despite how hard you try to put more boards on top of the other boards.

H3 Bishop to E6
(1) - The H3 Bishop attempts to move, but the damage it took last turn causes it to start falling apart! The Bishop has to roll to dodge!

(Falling Apart: 6 | Bishop: 4) - The Bishop can't hold itself together, falling to the board in a hundred tiny pieces. Rest in Pieces, H3 Bishop.

I place an advert in the local classifieds.

Wanted: Sniper who can hit from 8 squares away. High risk high reward work. Flexible hours. 555-1337.
(1) - You do that, but the local classifieds are frequently read by CHES, the Chess Help and Enforcement Squad! And they trace the location of the Chessboard and make their way onto the scene! They arrive at the top right portion of the chess board, ready to enforce some Chess!

y'know, that abomination at e2 looks pretty terrifying, so i'm gonna skedaddle over to h2 to get the fuck away from it! bye bye random inferior black knight!
(3) - You make your move to H2, but the mech is so distracting that the H2 Knight has a chance to defend itself! H2 Knight Rolls to Dodge!

(Saintaur: 6 | H2 Knight: 1) - It matters not to you that he saw you coming. It matters not that he had a chance to prepare. You swiftly put an end to his struggle, pinning the knight to the ground. You tell him just how pathetic he is before executing him on the spot.

sacrifice the remaining battleships and summon blue eyes white dragon in B5
(5) - By sacrificing the remain pieces of the battleships, you actually manage to summong the Blue Eyes White Dragon! But something's different, it seems...even more powerful??? It seems by sacrificing the battleship pieces, you discovered a brand new fusion! It looks a lot like the Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon, but instead of two extra dragon heads, it has battleship heads??? Blue Eyes Battleship Dragon!

It's time to expand. I Summon 2 more chess Armies to fight.
(5) - Oh ok. Yeah. You summon two more armies to fight, the Red Army and the Blue Army, each with their own King and Kingdom they're fighting for! They seem ready for battle too, and quickly move into formation on the board.

Nimbostratus

Ambitious But Rubbish
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Flying, Normal
I summon the dog from Monopoly. All the chessmen will stop fighting to pet the doggo. World peace!

Aureum

And the gods shall know his name.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Aureums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
I command G7/A5 to use the gauntlet to snap away half of the pieces on the board (round up or down if required). I see balance is required once again.

KirbyIsPink

new copy ability: sandwich
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Perfectly round... as all things should be
You know that queen who ended up outside of the board into another reality during turn 2? Yeah let’s bring her back to assassinate the therapist on G7

OrdoSkirata

Space Nerd
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Wild Ordo will often hide alone; however, caught specimen are loyal until their death.
I'm gonna swoop in and steal the time stone out of the infinity gauntlet and use it to return the board to its initial state.

Miscellaneous

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 29, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
???
As the Silver Megarook, steal the Infinity Gauntlet.

boomdidiyadah

Looking into middle distance
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 6, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pokédex Entry
Quietly sings to itself quite constantly, and is said to always have a song inside its head. Despite this, it has a terrible singing voice.
Ah dang, I got the cops on us. Sorry, guys!

As the knight on A2, I will attempt to take the queen on C1.

BadgerDaddy

DISAPPOINTED!
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 4, 2020
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
This was a mistake!
I ready my Drigger Beyblade and let it rip across the board. Hopefully it will clean some of the mess.

Last edited:

sugar heart

nono morikubo is a qt
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
hello, i like idols.
now, a good saintaur never leaves a nasty mess behind after a job well done! i'll go ahead and clean up the messy corpse of a knight that i made last time. better hide the body somewhere!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)