• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Chess RTD

Thread Description
Chess can be an RTD game what're you talking about

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Normal
Hey, Eevee here. There's a lot of complex RTD's out there so what if we just sit down and play a game of chess instead.

What could possibly go wrong!

Game ends at Checkmate, like all perfectly reasonable Chess games.

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
where the hell is chess

I summon a silver general at D4

Miscellaneous

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 29, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
???
So, checkmate happens when the king has no more possible moves without it being captured. Therefore, remove the kings from the chessboard and replace them with more queens.

Aureum

A world calling for justice shall be heard.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
Well, there’s only one thing to do.

I use the infinity gauntlet to snap half of the chess pieces out of existence. If there’s an odd number of pieces, round up. If one of the kings vanish, I will take the throne in order to keep balance.

localhoney

~either i'm careless or i wanna get caught~
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Localhoney, the Sweet Toxin Pokemon. It's said that the sounds it emits can paralyze even a Gigantamax Grimmsnarl.
I add a few Shogi pieces to the board to spice things up

Norhian Samur

Kanto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Screw it, I throw some checkers on the board as well. Keep them on their toes.

KirbyIsPink

new copy ability: sandwich
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Perfectly round... as all things should be
Move a Pawn to E4

How do you screw this move up? We don’t know

boomdidiyadah

Looking into middle distance
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 6, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pokédex Entry
Quietly sings to itself quite constantly, and is said to always have a song inside its head. Despite this, it has a terrible singing voice.
1. e4? I respond with e5. Open game it is!

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'd copy-paste the Zorua Pokedex entry, but I'm too lazy.
I instant-transmission one of my (black, since I’m the “eighth move”) pawns to the other side of the board and make it a Queen, as per chess rules.

sugar heart

nono morikubo is a qt
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
hello, i like idols.
hey, where's the love for us bishops? i'll go to c4 (i'll be a white), because screw it, i'm a bishop trying to be a knight here! (remember: knights can move in an l shape and can go over other pieces to do so.)

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Normal
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
where the hell is chess

I summon a silver general at D4
(4) - You do exactly that! Summoning the silver general at D4. They readily await further commands.

So, checkmate happens when the king has no more possible moves without it being captured. Therefore, remove the kings from the chessboard and replace them with more queens.
(5) - You successfully remove the kings from the board, replacing them with queens! The kings now exist in the extradimensional space outside of the chess board, whatever that is. Pretty empty I guess since the entire world is chess. At least they're not in danger from any of the pieces on the board, and thus, not at risk of being captured!

Well, there’s only one thing to do.

I use the infinity gauntlet to snap half of the chess pieces out of existence. If there’s an odd number of pieces, round up. If one of the kings vanish, I will take the throne in order to keep balance.
(5) - Snap. Everything goes to plan, and you watch as half the pieces before you slowly turn to dust! Piece by piece, one by one, they start to disappear, leaving the chessboard behind. It started with the pawn at G1. No one was too worried, it was just G1. No one liked him anyway. But then G8 started to fade away. White thought it was funny until B3 dusted, gone with the wind. G4 was next. Then B7. G3. All pawns so far. A panic, sure, but nothing they couldn't recover from. Then the Bishop, H6, was picked. That's when the fear really set in. B2, G2, G5, pawns to be forgotten. Then another bishop, A3. Then...the new queen, A4, immediately after being summoned into existence, found herself spirited away. No one noticed B5's dusting, nor B4 or B8 or G6. The Knight, H7, however, was a grave loss for Black, though not as harsh as the loss of a queen.

And just like that, it was done. The whole Chessboard, changed forever. Neither king was taken, at the very least, though that's likely because they currently don't exist on the Chessboard.

I add a few Shogi pieces to the board to spice things up
(2) - Shogi? That's probably not even a real game. Besides, you can't bring non-Chess pieces to a Chess game, especially from weird made up games like that.

Screw it, I throw some checkers on the board as well. Keep them on their toes.
(1) - Unfortunately, you mix up your games, and accidentally summon a fleet of Battleships instead! They look awfully angry too, and declare war on the entire board! A torpedo flies through the air!

(F8) - SPLASH! A white torpedo slams into the empty space at F8.

Move a Pawn to E4

How do you screw this move up? We don’t know
(1) - You attempt to command a pawn to move to E4! But G4 is gone, reduced to atoms. So you see if any of the pawns next to it are alive, but they're all dead too. Eventually, you do find out that G7 is still alive! But unfortunately, he's pretty depressed and terrified about being the only pawn that's still alive on his side and has to roll to dodge!

(Pawn: 4 | Pain of Loss: 1) - The pawn feels a surge of strength! He won't just lie down and take it! He'll avenge his fallen brethren! He'll win this game for his kingdom! For his two queens, and the missing kings!

1. e4? I respond with e5. Open game it is!
(6) - You call for a piece to move to e5, not looking at the board! Clearly it's not an order for White, and the backrow of Black aren't moving just yet. However, there is one that hears your call. One who, wanting to fight for his kingdom, steels themself for war. With newfound vigor flooding their body, they charge directly forward, regardless as to what's in the way! A bloodlust fills G7's eyes as they see a Carrier in their way, and their body fills with a vengeful energy. An unnatural, chaotic energy. G7 makes their move, and The Carrier must roll to dodge!

(Pawn: 4 | Carrier: 2) - Filled with determination. G7 smashes through The Carrier, destroying it's center section and arriving at e5. But the pawn hardly looks satisfied with that.

I instant-transmission one of my (black, since I’m the “eighth move”) pawns to the other side of the board and make it a Queen, as per chess rules.
(5) - So uh. Since there's only one pawn left, G7 happily complies, instant-transmission'ing straight forward, right behind the White Queen! The Queen must roll to dodge!

(Pawn: 5 | Queen: 1) - In a single movement, G7 reaches through the back of the White Queen, grabbing and crushing her heart. Or whatever Chess pieces have as a heart. Regardless, the death is instant, and G7 takes the spoils of war, the crown, and his promotion to Queen.

hey, where's the love for us bishops? i'll go to c4 (i'll be a white), because screw it, i'm a bishop trying to be a knight here! (remember: knights can move in an l shape and can go over other pieces to do so.)
(5) - Well, it's not too hard to move over to C4 right now, given there's an open path straight to your destination! What's more impressive, however, is what happens on the way there. The Bishop of A6 shines with a bright light, their lower body growing and expanding, two more legs appear as well as a tail, as you become The Saintaur! Deliver-er of holy justice! With the abilities of both a Knight and a Bishop at their disposal!

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
I move the Rook on H8 to H6

Aureum

A world calling for justice shall be heard.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
I am inevitable.

I give G7 the infinity gauntlet, and tell him use it to crush his foes where they stand.

localhoney

~either i'm careless or i wanna get caught~
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Localhoney, the Sweet Toxin Pokemon. It's said that the sounds it emits can paralyze even a Gigantamax Grimmsnarl.
I scatter mancala stones across the board.

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
Well you know what counters ships? Cannons!

I summon some cannons (from Chinese Chess/xiangqi) around the center of the board

Miscellaneous

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 29, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
???
Stack rooks on top of one another to make them become the Megarook, and also a really really cool tower.

sugar heart

nono morikubo is a qt
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
hello, i like idols.
now, i'll go to f3, because sure, i can combine my powers and make totally legal moves!

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'd copy-paste the Zorua Pokedex entry, but I'm too lazy.
Send that Castle on H1 (or his pal, if he's been destroyed) to take over that sweet sub.

KirbyIsPink

new copy ability: sandwich
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Perfectly round... as all things should be
Move the H4 Queen up to F2

boomdidiyadah

Looking into middle distance
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 6, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pokédex Entry
Quietly sings to itself quite constantly, and is said to always have a song inside its head. Despite this, it has a terrible singing voice.
There's too many obstacles! I move the H5 queen to attack the ship on the D-row. Hostile boarding party!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)