• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Johto Teen Bright Souls

Thread Description
A bored 20-something goes on a Pokemon adventure and gets in over her head.

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hm, so I suppose she can conclude that the gods are real after all, huh? Or, at least, that the egg was funky as heck.
I was going to mention that that's partly addressed on this page, but then the page wasn't ready on time, so...you can look forward to that for next time.

Well then, what happens when she hatches the egg?
Don't forget that it's not her egg, it's Gold's, and she didn't take it, just touched it. But that...sure is a question. That may or may not be answered in the future.

This update is not canon.

The next page isn't quite ready yet, but rather than leave y'all with nothing, I decided to post this. This is inspired by a joke from the DBZ abridged Broly movie that I decided I had to draw once I thought of it. And just like the Broly movie, it didn't actually happen in the real storyline. It's just a goof.

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Yyyep, run before he finds out the truth. This made me laugh harder than it should have

Electro

Dr. Ultimate Procrastinator Extreme
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
"Oh, my, then you must be the thief?"

That line is amusing in the games, and hilarious here.

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Happy funny day. Neither of the things I made were pranks, but there's two of them, so hopefully you'll give me a pass.

The one I made for DeviantArt, a cursed image

The one I made for ComicFury, a "new page"

I did not get as much pleasure out of making this as you probably assume I did.

This is a combination of the Pokemon Dunsparce (specifically Asmodeus) with the Super Crown power-up from Mario, which enjoyed memetic fame some time ago due to its application to Bowser to create Bowsette. I can only assume you are already familiar with her. If you aren't it probably means you're young, so please don't look it up.

I wanted to make something April Fools day-related for my comic. However, I have a personal thing against insincerity (with only small exceptions made for irony and the like), so I didn't want to do any sort of "the comic is cancelled" or "oh no everyone died" kind of prank page. So I just made a non-canon joke page, which you can find right up there^. But one of the things in that page I drew was Asmodeus wearing Peach's dress. And I had a thought...so I made this cursed image in honor of April's Cursed First.

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Anyway. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Yyyep, run before he finds out the truth. This made me laugh harder than it should have
Glad to hear it!
Always know your surroundings before you try to make a quick getaway.

"Oh, my, then you must be the thief?"

That line is amusing in the games, and hilarious here.
No Lyra to vouch for you in Crystal...but she never returned to the scene of the crime, so she can't be the perpetrator! The criminal mastermind!

Now this is the REAL version of this conversation. Apparently both of these kids tunnel-visioned to Azalea town so hard that they didn't check whether or not route 37 was actually passable right now...

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It’s pretty inconvenient to get to Azeala town either from either direction, to be fair to the kids. At least this way, there isn’t any backtracking involved

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
It’s pretty inconvenient to get to Azeala town either from either direction, to be fair to the kids. At least this way, there isn’t any backtracking involved
That's true. That's actually the reason Amelia went this way in the first place, though there hasn't been a chance to mention that yet...

(No dA update today because something, something, protesting the awful new layout) | Comic Fury link

EDIT: removed an errant Birdon from the second panel
Well, this page kind of came out longer than I was expecting it to.

Cyndaquil's name is Azula, by the way.

Last edited:

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
ooooo, intrigue,, looks like we’re going to be getting some more backstory soon!

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
ooooo, intrigue,, looks like we’re going to be getting some more backstory soon!
Readers can have little a backstory, as a treat.

The 21st birthday is significant because that's the age at which it becomes legal to drink alcohol in the United States of America. The age is that in-universe for the same reason the dialogue is in English.

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Why do moms have to get all up in your business like that? Asking where you are, getting mad when it turns out you’re in an entirely different region...

I like the lineless thing you did with some of the background characters in this page! It looks nice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)