• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Johto Teen Bright Souls

Thread Description
A bored 20-something goes on a Pokemon adventure and gets in over her head.

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I don't know how I literally forgot to update this when I've been drawing the next couple pages off and on all day...but hey, I haven't gone to bed yet, so it's still Saturday, right?

Anyway. Pidgeotto is a lot more equal of a match-up vs. Dunsparce than Pidgey was, and I wasn't sure if using a Potion would reset his Rage counter, so this fight was pretty nerve-wracking. Drawing the different ways Asmodeus uses the Rage aura to fight was fun, though.

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
Well you know what they say: the bigger the rage, the harder they fall

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry

There's actually very little exaggeration going on here. Asmodeus killed Pidgeotto with a critical hit, after the point at which a normal hit would've killed. What a stylish bastard. That was the moment I fell in love with him.

And with that, we have the first gym badge. Pretty nice, eh?

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Well you know what they say: the bigger the rage, the harder they fall
They do say that. It was a pretty big rage, too. Fortunately, drill tail.

Hey, guess what? Did you know that all these pages so far have been part of the "Prologue"? Did you also know that the prologue is almost over? Well now you do.

Current mission: touch the egg

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
I wholeheartedly approve of this egg touch mission.

hmm, seems odd that a trainer can’t keep their Pokémon from trying to eat each other...

Electro

Dr. Ultimate Procrastinator Extreme
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
T U C H E G G E

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
She enjoys showing off her artwork to others, and constantly discovers new techniques to experiment with
"5 minutes later... I want to toch the egg."

100% relatable.

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
I wholeheartedly approve of this egg touch mission.

hmm, seems odd that a trainer can’t keep their Pokémon from trying to eat each other...
Zubat's a little unruly. It probably helped him out against Falkner, but...

T U C H E G G E
p o k e

"5 minutes later... I want to toch the egg."

100% relatable.
It just gets stuck in your head, and then you're like, "yea,h do it"

Bowser still doesn't seem to know that he was stolen instead of given away, so the version of the plan she told him was probably something like "He'll hear that there's a rare Pokemon in the hall and go try to catch it". It's pretty fortunate that Gold didn't leave Gastly behind in his room or something.

The egg-touching plan was a huge success.

Welcome to the first interjection! These pages will show up at the in-between points of each segment of the story. Speaking of those segments, the prologue is officially over! The comic will be in 6 parts: this prologue, and then 5 chapters. So, the next page will mark the start of chapter 1. The prologue will of course be the shortest of the 6, though we did still manage to get a gym badge during it. 15 more to go!

(also, for the record, those last 3 panels technically take place several hours after the rest of them, but that doesn't fit the flow)

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Ahhh, lovely, operation egg touch worked! Sure, she’s passed out, but... it’s probably fine

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
It seems Rival had the foresight to add security to that Egg

That magnificent bastard!

Electro

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
Egg tuch no good?

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Ahhh, lovely, operation egg touch worked! Sure, she’s passed out, but... it’s probably fine
...I wonder if there's some sort of "what will happen to the passed-out protagonist when they wake up" flowchart out there? In any case, I think we can safely say that "knocked out by a mysterious possibly magical energy thing" leads to "definitely fine, usually".

It seems Rival had the foresight to add security to that Egg

That magnificent bastard!
That sure is definitely what happened. Who told him he was allowed to have magic powers? :v:

Egg tuch no good?
Maybe?? It could become clear in future?? the answer to the question "was touching the egg a good or bad thing?" is yes

I was a little slow making these pages. This is actually the top half of what was one big page, which I split in 2 because a) it was way bigger than the other pages and b) if I had to finish that part too this update might've been officially late. So there'll be another update some time in the next couple days.

Anyway, we wake up safe and sound! And Flutter evolved, too. How nice. This must be the next morning.

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Hmm, everything seems... suspiciously normal...

putting pants on an unconscious person in a perfect way to practice telekinesis, definitely gonna keep that method in mind for the future

Electro

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
Since I've used butterfree at the exact moment it hits level ten, I can confirm that this level of extreme usefulness is exactly what it feels like when you sweep into Mt. Moon.

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Hmm, everything seems... suspiciously normal...

putting pants on an unconscious person in a perfect way to practice telekinesis, definitely gonna keep that method in mind for the future
Don't worry, the normalcy stops now. ;)

Since I've used butterfree at the exact moment it hits level ten, I can confirm that this level of extreme usefulness is exactly what it feels like when you sweep into Mt. Moon.
Yes, it's wonderful. Although in this case the sweeping location was Sprout Tower. ...which will not be featured here because, in-universe, our protagonist has no reason to go there.

Here's the "other half" of the last page. They're still basically the same page, but were cut up for pacing and scheduling reasons.

I'll let this page speak for itself. Though one thing that may not quite be evident is that the prologue all took place on one day, and the egg-touching mission happened that night. So this is the morning after that.

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
ooo, the plot thickens. The new forms look pretty cool! I wonder why she’s got this power now...

Electro

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
And this is to go even further beyond!

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
ooo, the plot thickens. The new forms look pretty cool! I wonder why she’s got this power now...
Thanks! I'm kind of loath to redesign Pokemon, generally, but these forms are a fun exercise.

And this is to go even further beyond!
You know, I was planning to point out the similarities to Super Saiyan (e.g. arbitrary power up and form change, needing to unlock it once and then instantly mastering the ability to turn it on and off) in the comments of the last page, but I totally forgot to.

Hey, it's a new outfit! Yeah. I won't quite conform to the single-outfit style that Pokemon protagonists usually have. There won't be a new outfit for every single in-universe day, but there will be at least a little bit of variety.

Also, the fact that Amelia's theory about the power-ups is being used to explain to the reader what happened does not mean that's she's exactly correct. But it's at least a better explanation than "the plot needed it to happen".

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Hm, so I suppose she can conclude that the gods are real after all, huh? Or, at least, that the egg was funky as heck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)