• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Happy new forum! We decided this was a golden opportunity for us to feature a fresh new imported run!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

Brand New Generic Post Your Team Here Topic

Thread Description
Just post your team here!

MarkedInStone

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Over Mt. Silver and down in the Valley Windworks
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
So I was looking around the new forums and I realized one of my favorite pages- this one- wasn't here! So let's rectify that.

Pokémon Black Nuzlocke
Badges: 1
Deaths: 1

Mayall the Pignite, lv. 19
Kane the Herdier, lv. 19
Shimmy the Pansage, lv. 19
Gemma the Roggenrola, lv. 19
Taperro the Munna, lv. 19
Robusto the Timburr, lv. 19

Naming scheme is corrupted Italian words for something related to the Pokémon.
I've lost one mon- a Purrloin named Gateaux- to a Bide from a Patrat. I haven't spent enough time with these guys (and when I say "guys", I mean literally- Gemma's the only female on the team!) so I can't write a description, but I can't wait to see what you all post!

CasualGameFreak

The Lesbian Shaymin
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Grass
Pokédex Entry
Casual tends to be plagued with identity issues. Their support for the disadvantaged knows few bounds.
Pokémon White Rainbow Wedlocke
Badges: 6
Deaths: 1

Corrin the Samurott, lvl. 36
Mozu the Stoutland, lvl. 36
Kaze the Watchog, lvl. 35
Gunter the Simisear, lvl. 36
Silas the Excadrill, lvl. 37
Forrest the Leavanny, lvl. 36

The pairs are Corrin/Gunter, Mozu/Silas, and Kaze/Forrest.

My naming scheme is Fire Emblem Fates.

Corrin is finally a Samurott. Praise the gods. I picked him because I wanted to finally have one, after a failure to reach the final stage in my last run. He's very much a jack-of-all-trades, having decent stats all around. Hopefully that will be enough if Marshal rolls around without any changes to the team. He's the kid of the group.

Mozu is once again shaping up to be an MVP. She destroyed Clay's Excadrill, tanked her way through Elesa's Zebstrika and second Etrollga, and overall has been my trump card, just like my Black 2 Wedlocke. I'm so glad that she's Adamant and has Intimidate... :) She's also absolutely the mom of the group. Just saying.

Kaze, on the other hand, my opinion isn't very high. Watchog is far outclassed by Stoutland, yet the rules say I can't box him until he dies. Next time, I need to remember to do a pair in/pair out system so I don't get stuck with something like this again. He's the guy everyone just tolerates because the Trainer wants him around.

Gunter is quite the surprise. Strong SpA (undoubtedly helped by the Modest nature) and loads of Speed means he's going to hit fast and hard and not look back. I really want to take this guy as far as I can now, especially with how much I insulted him at the beginning of the run because Incinerate is the worst STAB. Our Trainer initially didn't like him, but his ability to exploit weaknesses quickly turned him and his quirky personality into a favorite.

Silas... oh yeah. I deliberately Repelled my way to him, and now that he's evolved and learned Earthquake, he has not disappointed. He hits fairly fast, crazy hard, and even has loads of HP to provide the semblance of bulk. Such fun times. The stage of babying him was very much worth it. He aspires to be a knight, and when he evolved in Driftveil, he got a lot closer to that dream.

Forrest I'm not 100% enthused on yet. Sure, I get to redeem my failure from last time, but I'm doing pretty much the exact same thing with him, and my failure last time was such a dumb thing that there's no way that's happening again. Frank got the "prove your worth" treatment last time, now with Forrest it's just "you're good, now live up to it." Which he has, but... I don't know. Forrest is a cool guy. Just makes sure everyone's calm.

My sole loss so far has been Subaki the Pidove, because I was the idiot who put a Flying-type in against a ridiculously overpowered shitlord Unova Fighting-type on even levels. Rock Throw was a 2HKO, Air Cutter wasn't, and I had no choice but to gamble on a crit, which I didn't get. Oh well. Didn't know him long anyway. RIP Subaki, lvl 13-16.

Draknir

Blarg. That is all.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
This is the latest in a series of Nuzlockes I've been doing for a while now where I can't use the Pokemon I took to the Elite Four in previous runs in the series unless they gained a new evolution or Mega. I'm currently doing a Sun Randomizer and I have a pretty OP team. I should add that I made it so I can use Mega Evolution early because there are some Pokemon I can only use if they can Mega Evolve. The naming theme is randomly selected Fire Emblem characters based on gender (I have two lists of 86 names currently. For genderless, I pick a gender based on the number I roll even if that name is already taken (I just reroll based on that gender). Odd=Male, Even=Female.)

Harken-Diancie W/Diancite
Bastian-Steelix W/Steelixite
Miriel-Tapu Koko
Franz-Guzzlord
Kana-Meloetta
Bartre-Swanna

The only starter I could pick was Mega Diancie because the other two I had already used, so I wasn't complaining. I've lost a Mega Gengar, Wormadam (Sandy), Simipour, Mega Salamence, Tapu Bulu, and Ursaring. I think Tapu Bulu's was the hardest because he survived on 1 HP against Hapu's Mudsdale only to be killed by Sandstorm.

Almost immediate EDIT: I should note that the only things randomized were encounters (Except trials), hold items, and secondary shop inventories. I also gave each trainer a 25% chance of having a Shiny Pokemon but the teams are the same otherwise. Been keeping count and I've found 71 Shinies owned by trainers.

Suffer Little Children

Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Steel
I can see why this was the OP's favorite thread from the old forums. I, SOMEHOW, never came across the previous version but I've had a lot of fun reading through this new one. It was interesting reading the details on three runs posted so far, and I especially love the detailed breakdown on the Wedlocke. I suppose I should throw my current thing here too. The rules have been modified a little to suit my tastes better.
- - -​
Pokémon Fire Red Chesslocke
Badges:

The Party, pre-S.S. Anne
Hunter the Larvitar, King, LV. 27
Juice the Pikachu, Pawn, LV. 25
Lee the Kadabra, Knight, LV. 23
Rowe the Gloom, Bishop, LV. 22

The naming scheme is PROFESSIONAL WRESTLERS.

I also have a SHINY Pidgey named Trent in the Daycare and a Meowth named Mox that's been boxed.

So, if it isn't obvious, Hunter's a randomized starter! I used the Randomizer to nix impossible evos and decided to throw that into the mix too. It wasn't done for any particular reason, but when/if I adapt this run, that will probably be a plot point. She's been pretty useful so far, since I let her soak up all the physical moves that get thrown around, which is also partially why she's the highest leveled.

Juice is a surprising story. I lucked into him in the Viridian Forest, and he's been an important part of the team since then. I fudged around with the rules a bit to say that baby mons don't factor into the equation, since I can't get them in this game for the most part without breeding. The result is a powerhouse Pawn that won't ever reach his full potential but has been more than useful in early battles despite the squishiness. The Move Tutors helped a lot, but he's been contributing since the first gym.

Lee's probably the one most gimped by being in a Chesslocke. I had to pass on Psybeam because of its power, so she'll be stuck with pretty sub-standard moves the entire run, assuming she lasts that long. While she's more than pulled her weight in the key battles that she's taken part in, the longer the game goes on, the less reliable she'll become. Hopefully, her improved stats upon making Alakazam will carry her through all the trials ahead. My fingers are crossed, but my heart continues to hope.

Rowe's an odd one. Since I'm writing this before hopping onto the S.S. Anne, he hasn't really done much in trainer fights, aside from the grinding I've put him through. Bishop doesn't affect him too badly because of the support moves he has on him, so I can see him being a key player in battles to come, though he probably won't steal the show.

SilverLeafeon75

Lurker extrodanaire
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pokémon Type
Electric, Ice
Pokédex Entry
A rarity in the wild, this creature is timid, yet curious. They tend to crack jokes, especially puns, and hate being out in the heat.
Here is my team for my current Fire Red Stabless run.
Badges: 2

Garyme, Lv 21 Butterfree
Chicbat, LV 20 Zubat
FeeshyTime, Lv 20 Gyrados
BruhMajicc, Lv 11 Abra

Garyme is the oldest Pokemon on the team, being my first usable catch. His stun spore and poison powder are very usefull, and early confusion is a godsend in a stabless run. Also stalled out Starmie, as my starter died against the rival battle on the bridge.

Chicbat was a grind to train up, as I grinded him alongside FeeshyTime. Dead weight until he learned bite, but since then has been usefull, if not a little frail.

FeeshyTime just evolved, so not much to say about him, other than he does damage.

BruhMajicc is my most recent catch. Despite the Abra line not being as good in stabless, and me being unable to evolve him into Alakazam, I gave him thief so he could level himself up with little assistance. Still too new to really know what It can do.

Pretty much my team is sorta iffy due to the passing of my trusty Ivysuar, Hope who I planned to stall out the gym. I almost wiped to misty because of this death, but I've made it out the other side, and am going to continue on.

Blackstarlight17

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Has no concrete sleep schedule and is often covered in cats. If found sleeping and is needed, just smack her with a bag of frozen milky way bars.
Here's my team for my current SoulSilver run prior to entering the Olivine City Lighthouse:

Alabaster - Bayleef - Level 25
Lila - Raticate - Level 26
River - Slugma - Level 26
Opal - Gengar - Level 25
Toru - Flaaffy - Level 25
Kidd - Togetic - Level 26

I have to say, they're all an interesting bunch from natures to how they've handled certain battles.

All I can say about Alabaster is that he's tough. He's helped with a lot of catches and leveling the team-up.

Lila has proven to be a beast in battle, so it's going to be tough switching her out, even if it's for a short while. She nearly swept Morty, though it was a close call with his Gengar.

River is my baby girl. She was a bit tough to level up in the beginning, but once she learned Ember, she really took off handling battles, even soloing Falkner. But I also kind of still baby her since she's also my first Slugma to raise and if I'm lucky, will become my first Magcargo to raise in a Nuzlocke.

Opal is so cool to raise, more so as I've never gotten as far as having a Gengar for a number of reasons. She's been great to have in my team as a Gastly, so I'm sure she'll continue to impress me as a Gengar.

Toru is another little baby, but more based on his nature. But he's surprisingly tough and I love him. He managed to help slow Whitney's Miltank down enough for Lila to finish her off.

Kidd is another great Pokemon I've been raising. He does quite a bit of damage and takes damage quite well. He survived a Metronome Self-destructing Clefairy. I'll let you guess where that happened. But when I mean survive, he wasn't even in the red. Low yellow, but not red. He's a tough kid.

This has also been one of the few runs whereby some chance, I haven't lost anyone. Doesn't mean it won't happen eventually, but it's kind of weird having so many in my box for backup. I also had managed to acquire a shiny, a Sudowoodo, and seems to have a decent nature and great ability in my opinion. So if things happen where I needed stronger team members, I may use him since I never really used a Sudowoodo before.

Ardomew

Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Normal, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
The Violet Wizard. Passionate about art, food, and games.
My current Randomized LeafGreen team:

HawkAussie

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
My current Pokemon Red team at the moment after collecting my fourth badge in my normal run (not Nuzlocke):

Water - Blastoise
Nidoa - Nidorino
Spear - Fearow
Elly - Jolteon
Scarey - Haunter
Doggy - Growlithe

Yes they are some not so good names.

SilverLeafeon75

Lurker extrodanaire
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pokémon Type
Electric, Ice
Pokédex Entry
A rarity in the wild, this creature is timid, yet curious. They tend to crack jokes, especially puns, and hate being out in the heat.
My current Pokemon Red team at the moment after collecting my fourth badge in my normal run (not Nuzlocke):

Water - Blastoise
Nidoa - Nidorino
Spear - Fearow
Elly - Jolteon
Scarey - Haunter
Doggy - Growlithe

Yes they are some not so good names.
Hey, I give my pokemon names like Bugg, Byrd, G8tor,and who can forget Leef all the time!

Benjiemp1988

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 16, 2019
My current team in Blue, had a massacre at the Rocket Grunt in Mt Moon who uses an illegal Raticate.
Mina the Zubat Lvl 17.
Maggie the Nidorina Lvl 18.

Trying to rebuild before Misty, but it isn't looking good.

dinner

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 4, 2019
Having finished a quick run of Blue last weekend after a long break of no Pokemon at all, I started up ... Yellow? Yeah, I don't know either what that idea was about. And I find myself using a Nidoking again, and already gave it one of the most valuable TMs in the game. No gifts, so this is derp dupe central - 4 Pidgeys (I killed 3) and 4 Rattatas (I caught 3) by Cerulean - just beat Gio, already took on Erika earlier. No deaths yet...
PIKACHU/PT-5/23-TS/Growl/QA/TW
Shady/R22-2/30-HornAt/Leer/TB/DK
Pacifist/MM-11/33-Bite/CR/WA/LL
Regular/R25-12/32-Absorb/Acid/StSp/SlP
Plunge/R11-17/31-Conf/Hyp/Disable/HB
The names don't make sense to me either. A bit heavy on the Poison types perchance - but so far, I've been having too much of a blast with the Golbat/Gloom stall combo to switch anything about that. Hypno and Nido are pretty much op. My sixth member was originally a Rattata I used in like 3 fights total, later has been switching around between HM Slaves Diglett and Doduo. The latter is probably going to be joining my team as a heavy hitter, and Pikachu already is 10 levels behind too... I do have a Magnemite as something that at least won't die in a hit eventually, or might just wait. Super Rod is right around the corner, so... (sure, guaranteed Gyarados is a thing, but it's kinda boring...)

LucarioOfLegends

Saint of the Church of The Holy Pluffle
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him whatever the male ones are idk
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Steel
Pokédex Entry
He fought 32 men in an Irish bar once; he is also an incredible liar.
Pokémon Platinum Nuzlocke

Polly the Grotle [F] Lv. 20
Rhonda the Bibarel [F] Lv. 17
Maestro the Kricketune [M] Lv. 21 (Just solo'd Gardenia as of writing this)
Roxie the Luxio [F] Lv: 18
Hanz the Shellos-W [M] Lv. 18

Badges: 2
Deaths: 4

Second gym and death has been a big deal so far. Lost a Starly during its like third battle to an unfortunate crit, A Geodude and Zubat to not paying attention when fighting Pachirisu, and a Burmy to some truly bullshit hax. Otherwise a fun run. No real theme to naming, just what comes to mind tbh.

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon enjoys dark places, and tends to sleep the days away. Even in battle, it seems lethargic, and it is very hard to tame.
In my current SoulSilver nuzlocke, this is my team. Just beat the E4 and the Champion but I’m not going into Kanto until my storylocke is done(Johto-wise, anyway).

Moxie the Feraligator
Apollo the Beedrill
Wayne the Crobat
Psyche the Espeon

TrueZero2

Ninja! Comic! Best Match!
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokemon Fire Red. No Deaths thus far, 3 badges thus far. Just going to grab Flash.

Beck the Wartortle. My starter. After using Tail Whip to help take down my rival during the first battle, the rival seems to have developed a grudge and tends to open each of his Pokemon with a status move. I'm not even talking about in story. The actual game is doing that.

Ava the Pidgeotto. My first catch, and hasn't touched a Gym yet, despite being the most eager in story. Her moves are growing a little stale, with Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust and Quick Attack, but is going to be getting Aerial Ace shortly.

Grant the Mankey. Despite being known for anger issues, Grant is surprisingly calm. While this hasn't been addressed in story yet, it will be if he hits Primeape.

Marnie the Raticate. Took down Misty's Staryu in one shot. Now likely going to retire from active battling once I get some more interesting options.

Shale the Geodude. If he can reach Level 37, he's evolving into a Golem. I set up the ROM to make impossible evolutions (namely trades and time based evolutions) into ones that can be done entirely in Fire Red. For the Kanto Trade evolutions, this means that they all evolve at Level 37.

Iris the Arbok. Never used an Arbok before, and the only member of the line I've seen getting used was in Earl Grey's old Gijinka Nuzlocke, and even then, that stalled before Gym 2. I'm planning to keep Iris here on the team for as long as possible.

PageEmperor

The supposed emperor of pages
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy with way to many ongoing Nuzlockes.
So for my Diamond randomiser...

Marion the Munchlax, Serious
Judith the Clefairy, Serious
Murphey the Buneary, Sassy
Island the Mesprit, Brave
Scuba v1.5 the Manaphy, Relaxed
Aloland the Typelosion, Modest
Burt the Tentacruel, Careful
Rubae the Linoone, Sassy
Sal the Stunky, Hasty
Kel the Huntail, Gentle
Maru the Shiftree, Lax
Martin the Donphan, Gentle
Graham the Magnezone, Gentle
Nazel the Mantyke, Sassy
Bennett the Sentret, Bold
Petey the Breloom, Jolly
Andre the Chinchou, Naive
Marc the Dustox, Adamant
Sonald the Rampardos, Naughty
Mikene the Togekiss, Mild
Payne the Tropias, Quirky
Linc the Mamoswine, Naive
Karter the Gengar, Rash
Jak the Electroed, Serious

And there is more but not mentioning because I probably won't use them.

My plan regarding these guys: I will use Stunky if anybody on the team dies, she has 2 important STABs in her moveset and Dark coverage would be nice. 2nd hand options would be Rampardos, Sentret, or Gengar. If my Plusle either dies or starts lagging in power, which would probably never happen for until badge 8 or summink I will most definitely replace it with Chinchou.
Penny the Rhyperior
Impish nature, Proud of it's power, Lvl 27
104/92/86/32/36/31
Own tempo
Rock slide, Earthquake, Rock wrecker, Bone rush

Pedrina the Walrein
Lonely nature, Capable of taking hits, lvl 27
102/58/54/61/57/43
Tangled feet
Aqua tail, Auroa beam, Hydro pump, Avalanche

Joyce the Venusaur
Quirky nature, Highly persistent, Lvl 27
81/49/54/62/61/51
Suction cups
Grass knot, Sludge bomb, Grasswhistle, Razor leaf

Christine the Jynx
Mild nature, Often scatters things, Lvl 27
79/39/23/74/57/57
Torrent
Extrasensory, Icy wind, Mist ball, Ice punch

Lexx the Plusle
Gentle nature, Capable of taking hits, Lvl 27
72/34/30/56/55/64
Honey gather
Discharge, Shadow ball, Body slam, Earthquake

Rachel the Dragonite
Quirky nature, Sturdy body, Lvl 27
88/86/64/60/62/50
Speed boost
Drill peck, Dragon breath, Blaze kick, Draco meteor

It's hilarious how all the females are big ass beastly fully evolved mons and the only male is a meer tiny Plusle. Not much to say other than this team is overall badass and I am proud of every single one of them.
Skai the Arceus, Hardy Lvl 2-4
Died against a Youngster's Bayleef. I guess Bayleef is the new god now.

Kent the Snover, Jolly Lvl 6
Died while trying to catch RuBae the Linoone, who mega kicked him to the next dimension.

Rival the Slaking, Calm Lvl 6-20
Died to a Tangrowth that knew Explosion. Was going to box him anyway because he was way overpowered but it was still sad to see him go out like that.

Last edited:

dinner

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 4, 2019
Moving on with Yellow - I beat Koga and Silph, still no deaths despite a reasonably questionable team. Pikachu retired into the box for a conveniently high-level Ponyta, and I've started to raise an also conveniently high level Poliwhirl for my sixth slot. Matters when there's no EXP share.

Shady/R22-2/40-EQ/Leer/TB/DK
Pacifist/MM-11/40-Bite/CR/WA/LL
Regular/R25-12/38-Absorb/Acid/PD/SlP
Plunge/R11-17/41-Conf/Hyp/Psyc/HB
Ocean/R17-32/43-Ember/Stomp/FS/Growl
Penitent/R23-30/40-Surf/Hyp/WG/BS

Movesets need some work. Plans for a bunch of TMs I could distribute:
Ice Beam - held this off for way too long, but it will go to Nido.
Psychic - Poli
Body Slam - just found out Vileplume can learn it... probably going to get that to compensate for the recently lost Stun Spore... maybe. Rapidash could be a good option for the extra power over Stomp.
Fire Blast - Rapidash - I may keep Ember for the Accuracy, or Growl just so I don't
Toxic - Golbat or Rapidash? Synergy with Fire Spin, not so much with Rapidash's stats...
Mega Drain - difficult one. Probably going to Golbat.
Swords Dance - I do have the option to teach this to Vileplume, that could make for a fun build... Shame there's no Sludge Bomb.
Thunder Wave - should still have this as well - I could slap it on Hypno, NK doesn't want it and it's better than keeping Hypnosis or going the DE route... Looks like it can also learn Seismic Toss and even Tri Attack... but paraflinch sounds too good, and Golbat does synergize well with it. Probably keeping Confusion for a good while just for those spammable PP. Maybe throwing in ST in the endgame over that.
Rock Slide - Nidoking...? Not sold on that, I have a decent amount of anti-bird measures, don't want to fight Ice, and DK is more accurate and my best means of dispatching of Raticates, which are still fairly dangerous.
Strength - Can't say I want this on Nido or Poli - someone's going to get enslaved.
Dig - The strongest TM nobody can learn?

I feel like Golbat is the toughest one here - it's not all that powerful, its utility is in being an annoyer - I probably will get Toxic and Mega Drain over Wing Attack and Leech Life. LL is underrated in Gen 1 since it makes Golbat counter so many Poison types.... meaning that Vileplume probably gets BS/SD over Absorb and Acid - that way, I have 3 status users across the team (Poliwhirl->'wrath will swap out Hypnosis for Amnesia in a few levels hopefully), 2 reasonably durable sweepers and Rapidash as an odd sweeper-annoyer hybrid since that's basically the extent of its movepool. Unless I want to buy Hyper Beam or risk Double Edge or something.

I also do have the option to switch my main Golbat for an alternate Screech Golbat Seafoam was so kind to provide me instead of a non-dupe... not sure about that one, mostly focused on Special Attacks here, I'm also not sure if it has Bite.

---

Well, I had to restart - start of Rock Tunnel and a considerably worse position - got 3 Nidorans so far, all male. Already one death when before I had 0 near endgame, Gloom of all things. Probably going to level up a Rattata as an anti-Geodude device, or maybe I'll actually use that Diglett... Keeping dupes on the team for now for their raw power, Resha is a bit tankier but slow while Ahser has proclitivity towards physical sweeping but terrible Special. Maybe I'll even bother leveling up the third one.
Restart/PT-5/18-TS/Growl/QA/TW
Resha/R2-4/26-HornAt/Thr/Leer/DK
Talisman/VF-5/27-Conf/SlP/StSp/Tackle
Ahser/R22-2/26-HornAt/Leer/Thr/DK
Grandma/R24-17/26-QA/SA/Gust/WW
Guarra/DC-18/18-Scratch/Growl/Cut

---

Getting close to where I lost my old save - beat Koga again (in a solid sweep), Saffron and Cinnabar stuff are still missing. 2 more deaths, both of non-core members unlike Gloom, but team is very much under construction...

Talisman/VF-5/31-Conf/SlP/StSp/Gust
Dancefloor/R4-10/42-HF/BB/Dig/QA
Grandma/R24-17/43-Swift/SA/WA/Fly
Apollon/LT-25/35-Lick/CR/NS/Hyp
Liquiddirt/CI-10/10-Tackle
Nonmetal/PP-35/35-SnB/TS/SuSo/TW

I retired the Nidokings out of boredom of using Nidokings over and over again - which ended up making the derp duo the carriers of this team. I was running a Tentacruel at least as a surfer for a while, but now that I got my hands on the jackpot that is Gen I Staryu... I reconsidered and retired it.

The thing with Staryu is, to operate at maximum efficiency, though I project it to be devastating, it's going to be very TM-hungry - expensive and irreplaceable TMs. Haunter most assuredly would very much like to get its disembodied hands on a toy like Thunderbolt - or Magnemite if I do keep it around - caught it at high level and it comes with free TW, so it's a nice filler if nothing else. Psychic is similarly contested... I could replace my Butterfree, actually my only pre-Brock teammember not yet in the pensioner's home at this point, with a Venonat and get one for arguably free. I do have a new Oddish and a Weepinbell sitting on the box at this point, which would have been quite delicious options earlier, but with Fire and Psychic gyms coming up... yeah. Could go for another Ponyta, or a second water type like that Tentacruel or an actual level 15 Gyarados... I also don't quite appear to have an Earthquake candidate around - Nidoking and Diglett bore me. I'll try to figure something out, maybe even get rid of the Haunter. Hell, Staryu might just die on me while grinding, or something... I could even rebuild my old team, minus the Hypno...

---

Caught up at last! At the door to Victory Road... sadly Butterfree did kick the bucket, so Venomoth did seem like the next best thing.

Dancefloor/R4-10/51-HF/BB/Dig/QA
Grandma/R24-17/49-Swift/SA/WA/Fly
Apollon/LT-25/40-DE/CR/NS/Hyp
Vroomvroom/R15-24/43-PsB/LL/Conf/SlP
Liquiddirt/CI-10/49-Surf/IB/TB/Minim
Nonmetal/PP-35/36-TS/SnB/SuSo/TW

Provided everyone makes it through the cave, the movesets do probably need some minor rework - Psychic is the big one, and I'm pretty sure it's going to Starmie. I'm not sold on the Haunter and Magneton - but am probably going to keep them around. Haunter in particular is ill-suited for a not-that-offensive role short of its immunities - then again, it already is high level, so... I guess...?

Last edited:

PageEmperor

The supposed emperor of pages
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy with way to many ongoing Nuzlockes.
Alright, I have been doing stuff. Lemme post 'em.

Everyone is level 36, I am grinding for the 6th gym.

Beck the Volcarona
Quirky nature, Impetous and silly
109/53/53/105/82/89
Effect spore, Holding Flame plate
Searing shot, Night Daze, Psychic, Lava Plume

Notes: I have never used a Volcarona before because too hard to obtain/evolve/get a decent moveset before late game. So far, Beck has been proving to be a good first impression of his species. Would like to give him Bug STAB but he only seems to know Physical Bug moves by relearner and I already have a Bug on the team.

Haley the Dragonite
Hasty nature, Likes to fight
124/118/71/88/83/71
Multitype, Holding Muscle band
Dragon Claw, Fly, Low Sweep, Dragon dance

Notes: My starter. So far proving to be very good as expected, although it took a very long time to get her moveset. But after we reached the relearner and got her Dragon claw she has been doing very well.

Ms Soda the Blastoise
Jolly nature, Likes to fight
111/77/79/69/90/77
Reckless, Holding Scope lens
Crabhammer, Fiery dance, Aqua jet, Head charge

Notes: Head charge+Reckless=fun. I wish a Water move with recoil existed, though. So far, she has been proving her worth and I appreciate her for breaking the trend of team members constantly dying.

Zoey the Regirock
Careful nature, Quick tempered
115/92/154/40/100/48
Stench, Holding Hard stone
Rock Wrecker, Covet, Smack down, Low sweep

Notes: Used RNG to determine gender, came out as female. Okay. But anyway, legendary! Has been with me since the first cave and has been doing nothing but tanking any kind of hits and dishing them out.

Kato the Reuniclus
Mild, Very finicky
133/56/56/118/69/37
Tinted lens, Holding Wise glasses
Psychic, Night daze, Stored Power, Cosmic power

Notes: Finally, I have a Reuniclus. Not as good as I had expected, but but he is still very reliable. Psychic and Night daze destroys anybody who doesn't have massive defense. Only problem here is that he's slow and not massively defensive, but I am still glad to have him around.

Katharine the Forretress
Quiet, Highly persistent
106/80/116/67/56/36
Iluuminate, Holding Leftovers
Bug buzz, Meteor mash, Fire punch, Crunch

Notes: Took a very long while to be functionable but now she is very good. Tanks anything that isn't a Fire move, can still hit for decent damage, and is overall useful.
Jak the Meloetta (Fun fact: Meloetta has a dex entry in BW1. Did not know that. This RNG assumed male legendary is the thing I will add to the gang as soon as someone dies.)
Monico the Swinub
Airplane the Skarmory
Togas the Riolu
I am about to head into the Psychic gym, everyone is at 42.

Bree the Slaking
188/155/99/81/66/111
Jolly nature
Return, Aerial ace, Low sweep, Yawn

So far so good. She hits really hard and is still the fastest thing on the team somehow so Truant doesn’t matter at all. I am glad that she is pulling through well.

LincolnLoud the Bellossom

121/83/95/76/94/59
Impish Nature
Leaf blade, Giga drain, Sludge bomb, Sleep powder

He’s also doing well. Added him to the team when my previous counter to Water mons died. Hopefully he does well at the next 2 gyms.

Penny the Rhyperior

160/132/117/56/48/51
Naive nature
Bulldoze, Rock slide, Hammer arm, Stomp

Fun fact: the protector is unavailable until post game in ORAS. In order to get to this stage, I needed to get the protector in XY and then trade over and back. So far she is also good! Probably won’t be used for anything major but will definitely have some use.

Marissa the Tentacruel
130/74/74/94/102/105
Rash nature
Sludge wave, Dazzling gleam, Surf, Toxic spikes

My surfer, has definitely done well during the course of the run so far. Hopefully she will go far.

Claude the Skarmory
117/77/134/42/84/80
Calm nature
Rock slide, Aerial ace, Fly, Steel wing

My flyer and thanks to his typing and defense stat he has definitely helped by tanking stuff. The only downside is that he only seems to do big damage on frailer opponents but he’s still good.

Stella the Alakazam

113/49/56/125/96/108
Relaxed nature
Psychic, Dazzling gleam, Shadow ball, Calm mind

An Alakazam. That’s more or less enough to prove her worth. As well as being able to mega evolve, having monstrous sp.attk and is fast. Hopefully I can take her as far as possible.

Good thing I managed to finish this as soon as my DS ran out of battery. Also if you are wondering what about my starter, I boxed him as I figured he wouldn’t be doing much for the next few gyms and I was more interested in using some of my boxed mons. I might probably bring him back for the champion though, no reason other than to have a safer time with the Mega Metagross

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)