• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Johto Teen Mon Blooming Glory: A Crystal Nuzlocke

Thread Description
I bloom only so I do not wilt. [Level Limit, No Healing Items]

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
I found this run through the Extravaganza nominations and I was curious, so I went to find it. I was absolutely unprepared for how masterfully crafted of a story I was about to read over the next two days. Every single character is complex and well-written, the worldbuilding is interesting and makes sense, and everything just weaves together so well to make what I would say is one of the best nuzlocke comics I’ve ever read. I can’t wait to see where the story goes from here! And I just really wanted to say I love this comic with all my heart!

Also I wanted to let you know that on the masterpost with links to all the pages, the links for #131 and #133-135 are broken. Either that or my phone decided to freak out. But I figured it wouldn’t hurt to bring it to your attention.
TL;DR - I just read this run over the course of 48 hours and oh man it was a trip. But an emotional and wonderfully well-written one.

Last edited:

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works, this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
So, I read this run after everybody--like damn near everybody--I knew recommended it to me. I went in knowing about the death of poor Zip but literally nothing else, so I had no idea what to expect.

You blew me away.

This comic is incredible, easily one of my personal favorites on the forums. I haven't been hooked by a webcomic--nuz-affiliated or otherwise--like this in years. I love so, so much about this.

Let's start with the pokemon. Mel is my absolute favorite member of the team. Her background, her personality, her design, and the fact that you took a freaking Furret to the Elite 4 and she not only lived, she KO'd Lance's ace? Like holy crap. Girl earned her stripes and then some. But that's not enough for Best Furret, no no, she's also part of some of the best poly rep on the forums. Her and Zip and Lea were so cute together (which made the inevitable burn so bad--I legit almost cried with Lea's death ;;~;; ) and really affected and moved me as a trio of characters. Others on the team really appealed to me as well, especially Julian, who took a species I never really cared about and became one of my faves in the run.

But if we're talking about characters, we have to talk about Glory herself. She's so dynamic, so multifaceted, and aspects of her like her IED or self-harm are handled so maturely and tastefully and woven so integrally into the character and the plot that she's fully realized almost from the get-go. I care about her experiences and family life and growth more than many other protagonists I've seen, and I adore her personality. The side characters are also great: I never expected Blue to be important to a Johto run, but he's become arguably my favorite supporting character, and others like Tiff and Glory's mom are great too.

Overall, just A+ work, can't wait to see more, and my only regret is how long it took me to start on it. Thanks for a memorable run

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Their mind is more often in the clouds than not. Most likely sick. Will probably eat your snacks.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Kinetic Kimo : Thank you so much!! As much as it hurts, it's always good to hear that the emotions I write come off as genuine.
@pinkshellos : This comment destroyed me when I read it the first time and destroyed me again just now lmao. I really appreciate the kind words... TOO kind!! Thank you!! I can only hope to keep up the momentum in Kanto. :D
@Dee : YOUR COMMENT ALSO DESTROYED ME. THANKS!!! First, to hear that people recommend this comic to others is like 😭 And I love your comments on my babies.. I'm so proud of Mel, and I love writing Glory so much.
And to all of you...... welcome to Blooming Glory! The feels will NOT let up, don't worry. 😉

Hello, everyone! It's been a while!! It's Extravaganza season, which is a good excuse to respond to comments during my longer-than-expected hiatus. I've been absolutely BLOWN AWAY by all of the support this year!! I'm in the running for THREE (3!!!) categories this year!

And here's our one and only Tiff reacting to the nominations (since Glory's kinda not in the mood):

To copy the end of my comic in text form: THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THINKING OF BLOOMING GLORY WHEN NOMINATING!! 💕💕
I have 2 chapters left in Sam's abridged nuzlocke to finish, and then the Champion Arc of Blooming Glory will commence!​

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Their mind is more often in the clouds than not. Most likely sick. Will probably eat your snacks.
Hello, everybody! I have a couple things to say! First of all...

Blooming Glory will return on May 12th and will (try to) maintain a Sunday upload schedule!

During that wait, I've decided I'm going to try opening up a Q&A session for Glory and everyone else!
(Here's the deviantART link)

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Blooming Glory's Q&A is complete! See you on May 10th! Which is a different date than I said earlier because for some reason I thought the 12th was a Sunday?? Which it isn't???? See ya'll soon!

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works, this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
A great QnA!

Mel... ;;w;;

Glory looks cute as a Cubone and it's super fitting! I think it's a great call. Tiff's parents don't seem that great... :x But I'm glad she got to play with the puppies! 😄

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
This q&a turned out so good! I'm really feelin' Tiff's response about the puppies. TBH, if Team Rocket offered me room, board, and a paycheck to feed and train the baby pokemon... I'd probably take them up on it XD

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A great QnA!

Mel... ;;w;;

Glory looks cute as a Cubone and it's super fitting! I think it's a great call. Tiff's parents don't seem that great... :x But I'm glad she got to play with the puppies! 😄
Yeah!! I had a few different ideas but Cubone definitely fits! And yeah, Tiff's parents are... something.

This q&a turned out so good! I'm really feelin' Tiff's response about the puppies. TBH, if Team Rocket offered me room, board, and a paycheck to feed and train the baby pokemon... I'd probably take them up on it XD
SAME THOUGH........ no wonder they filled up their ranks so fast ahaha

WE'RE BAAAAAACK~! WELCOME TO H E L L
For those unaware, I am switching to a single-page upload schedule so I can avoid burnout (again)!

Furret and Wigglytuff have sensitive ears. ;w;​

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
I'm sure she's fine.

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
This is really sad to see, cause we can guess why she's screaming.... but ngl Mel is sorta hilarious all floofed up and wide eyed 🤣

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
They're clearly startled by the Mood Whiplash

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Based on her position... was Bo sleeping cuddled up with Glory on her bed? That's so sweet ;;w;;

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
I'm sure she's fine.
Everything is ~totally okay~
This is really sad to see, cause we can guess why she's screaming.... but ngl Mel is sorta hilarious all floofed up and wide eyed 🤣
YEAH poor Mel and Bo have super sensitive ears lolll imagine being woken up to that...
They're clearly startled by the Mood Whiplash
Oh totally! They're usually used to it but not when they were fast asleep XD;
Based on her position... was Bo sleeping cuddled up with Glory on her bed? That's so sweet ;;w;;
Haha, she was leaning against the bed right next to her! So she fell forward.

The next page is here! Hm, someone seems a little stressed.

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
We so rarely see her without the gloves... poor Glory, with those bandaged hands. She's overcoming so much!

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
I love how bright Glory's eyes are in the second to last panel. Gives it a real intensity.

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
Ooh, I agree with Mel — where is she going?

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
We so rarely see her without the gloves... poor Glory, with those bandaged hands. She's overcoming so much!
Yeah!! ;; Yesterday was not a good day for her.
I love how bright Glory's eyes are in the second to last panel. Gives it a real intensity.
Thank you!! :')
Ooh, I agree with Mel — where is she going?
👀

We have reached Glory's midnight destination.........

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Well.... There are worse things she could have run off to do. For this being the day after everything, this might be the best we could hope for. ;;u;;;

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
Venting frustration by punching punching bags... Honestly not the worst choice she coulda made! But doing that while running on empty and having just vomited... Hmmm ;;v;;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)