• Ash has been all over the news lately and this site is no exception! Check out Ashes to Ashes, the latest featured run!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • Happy tapaversary, Guest! It's been about a year since the Tapatalk Takeover; if you'd like to make a donation to us to celebrate the fact that we tapped out of that site, please click here.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about the new Critique Level Tags!
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

Comic Johto Teen Mon Blooming Glory: A Crystal Nuzlocke

Thread Description
I bloom only so I do not wilt. [Level Limit, No Healing Items]

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Their mind is more often in the clouds than not. Most likely sick. Will probably eat your snacks.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
HERE IT IS. The results are down below!!! Be sure to read the follow-up artist's comment after you read!

First of all, thank you all so much for following this story. It is phenomenal that I have kept up with this comic for five and a half years. This is the first project I have put so much continuous effort into. I could not have done this without your comments and feedback and encouragement. Thank you. You are all awesome people.

Now, I've been asked if I'm stopping at Johto or if I am continuing onto the Kanto arc. I was vague with my answers because that would give away the results of the battle.

Here is the simple answer: Yes. There is a Kanto arc. Glory still has to find her brother, after all. Now, for the long answer.

When I first played this file 7 years ago, my heart was shattered. I wanted to turn off the game and pretend it didn't happen. I even stopped playing for a while. A long while. (I was in school, after all.) However, if this journey went perfectly, this comic would not exist. I wouldn't have built a world around this misfortune and these rules. This story wouldn't have been told.
So, despite the heartbreak, I'm glad it gave me a reason to work on this comic for so long.

Now, with the results the way they are, there IS going to be a tone shift in the story. See, um, the thing is, BECAUSE of my nearly rage quitting, I kinda... didn't write any notes on Kanto. Zero. Zilch. I found notes on everyone who is in my PC and guessed on locations based on where they are found in Kanto. Regardless, there is very little to Kanto gameplay wise. It's literally just the mini Rocket plot and battling gyms and one Silver battle, but...

This Kanto arc is going to be almost exclusively storytelling. It's going to follow Glory on her new path as she deals with what happened. There will be lots of dialogue, and there will be lots of pain (as usual). She'll be getting a new team. Battles are going to be rare. It's going to be different, but I'm excited I get to jump off the "follow the gameplay" path.

So, next question: When is the Nuzlocke considered "complete"? Am I battling Red in-game?

Answer: Nope. Why? Because my fucking Crystal version's battery died before I could get that far. Honest to GOD. So I emulated a battle against "Sam" in that one Pokemon Showdown site using the movesets I had........ and then I lost those notes, so uh.... fuck it. Storytime. And again, I have ZERO notes on Kanto, so all I can do is say "yes glory got all sixteen badges" and make shit up as I go along.

Basically, what I have is this: If you're here exclusively to see Nuzlocke results, you're not going to see much after this. If you're here for Glory's story, PLEASE, there is still SO MUCH TO TELL. New Pokemon, Suicune's relevance, Sam's tale... You're in for a treat.

See ya'll next time!!!

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Also a major Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Looking forward to seeing where Glory and the survivors go from here.

Funen1

If you're alive, you can keep moving!
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Oh my god I could barely take that run through the E4. :( But at least this part's done with. Glory's story was always my favorite part of this run so I'll be sure to stick around for the rest. Best of luck going forward!

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
The Dragonslayer strikes again

Warrain

Howler of flames
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 8, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Long ago, people imagined its eerie howls to be the call of the grim reaper.
Well dang. 7 years ago? and this comic has been going on for over 5... man how time flies. I remember only learning about nuzlocke like... 4 or 5 years ago. And besides the original, yours I think was the second comic I started reading.

Uberle

Lur King
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fire
Pokédex Entry
Stays in the distortion dimension where no one bother him
My heart
This has been pretty emotional
But I guess now we move on
Can't wait to see what's next

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
♀
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Rude! Rude! So incredibly rude! Amazing storytelling and also RUDE!

I'm suuper interested in this noteless kanto, focusing purely on the storytelling frees up so much possibility! It's not like gen2 Kanto has a lot to it, now it's just your sandbox in which you can build whatever castle you desire.

orangebeans

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Just caught up on the entire E4 battle... all I can say is that you have an amazing way of telling a story and tugging on my heartstrings! This nuzlocke just has a way of making me emotional - the characters are all so personable so when Glory loses someone it feels as if I lost one of my own. Congrats on making it to Champion. It didn't come without heavy loss, but I am eager to see the rest of Glory's journey and how she and her remaining team members can heal from this heartbreak.

Jimcloud

Administrator
Administrator
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Pronouns
they/she
God, I didn't comment on this when I first read it, but I was dying then and I'm dying even now on a reread. This was... so bloody much. This Elite Four battle wasn't exactly the kindest to you, huh? So if we're going Johto... god, you have four whole new fucking Pokemon to train. Woof. Sorry about your losses, and I'm excited to see where you take the story from here. This is over, but it's obvious just from this that there's still so much left to settle.

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Their mind is more often in the clouds than not. Most likely sick. Will probably eat your snacks.
@Trollkitten: Thank you!!! I'm excited, too! :)

@Funen1: Thanks!! It was a wild ride for sure!!

@Picket Furret: HAH I know right?! It's unbelievable! Mel is practically a fairy type!

@Warrain: Man, really? That's awesome! I know you've been around a while but sheesh! :') Thanks for keeping up with this!!

@Uberle: Thanks for reading!! Just gotta move forward :'D

@Kadew: Thank you!! I am VERY rude!! I'm going to have so much fun with this open sandbox for sure :D

@orangebeans: Thank you so much for reading!! I'm glad my writing has that effect, even if it is kinda hurtful :'D

@Jimcloud: Wow, a re-read?? Thank you!! I know, this is gonna be a whole new team and it's gonna be wild. I'm excited though!
Aaaand here's the first chapter of the A F T E R M A T H

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
Failiure sadly wasn't an option for Lance, it was an inevitablity, and Haukea knew this

Warrain

Howler of flames
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 8, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Oh gosh. That hurt. Like the joy of her success, but the utter pain of her losts. Seeing she went in with 6, and that screen.... goodness

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Here's the update. Sorry it took a while. It was not easy to finish this one.

Bug

My mind is racing but my feet just move too slow
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
I'll be real with you. Normally, when I see a page with this many words in the bubbles, I can't focus. But every bit of text on this page has weight. Especially in the beginning, Glory and Daisy's conversation has so much payoff for this question that hasn't had a thorough explanation the whole run. While it's been "answered", since we've been reading this mostly through the eyes of Glory, and we've never seen this explanation before, it never really Clicked for me so well until now.

I've praised your emotional, character driven story writing before, and I think I'll always be amazed as long as you write this.

Warrain

Howler of flames
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 8, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Pokédex Entry
😢😢😢😢😢😢🤧🤧🤧😠

So dang sad. To finally get this point. To be in those places and see those ..... results. It really has been a long time.

Plain Yogurt

Happy Dairy Product
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Pokédex Entry
An ordinary dairy product. Dislikes conflict, and does whatever he can to bring happiness to others.
Geez dude...finally caught back up to this and there's so much painful payoff here. Reading these E4 battles was really exciting and stressful (in the good way) and then oh whoops my heart's broken when did that happen?

Also I had to laugh at Crystal's battery trolling you. But if your storytelling thus far has proven anything, it's that I don't have anything to worry about with things becoming a little off the notes. I actually can't wait for more. It feels like every time I've checked in on this one I've gone "Oh wait shoot no this is the last page?!"

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
@Bug: Actually I'm really happy you brought that up, even if you're not referring to this part in particular -- the Kanto arc is going to have a lot more dialogue in general so this got me to work on ways to separate bubbles/shorten sentences/etc so hopefully that doesn't break focus as much! :')

@Warrain: I know ;-; It's been a long time...

@Plain Yogurt: Oh snap thanks!! And yeaAH that friggin internal battery!! The only real downside is that I will never REALLY "beat" the full Crystal Nuzlocke, but beating Lance counts as a Nuzlocke win too so I'll take it 😅

Last part of the Johto arc!

Next part begins the Champion Arc... So I will be taking a short break to work on Sam's Abridged Journey so we can learn a little bit more about the pain-in-the-ass brother that Glory has been torturing herself to get to. :')​

Warrain

Howler of flames
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 8, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Gosh yes. Get focused on business at hand so the grief doesn't overwhelm. Then again, keep holding off on dealing with grief and sooner or later... completely emotional breakdown

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)