• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Written Log Sinnoh Mixed Media General Mon Benji's Lucky Platinum

Thread Description
A child romping through Sinnoh. Nothing strange is going on.

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gosh, I know it’s only been a month but it still feels like it’s been ages since I last updated! First of all... thank you so much to everyone who voted for Lucky Platinum in the extravaganza! I am blown away by the reception it got, and I’m really happy that so many people are just as invested in Benji’s journey as I am.

Due to Buffer Shenanigans happening in my comic, Sunlocke, I haven’t had much time to work on this run recently, so this update took a lot longer than it should have. Luckily, though, Sunlocke now has an Actual Buffer and I’ve got nothing but time, so... maybe the next update will happen faster! Maybe.

@PurpleEyedGuma : Yep! Zircon is the coolest. Mr. Mime is the least cool. These are fundamental truths.

@violentlydefending : I mean, how else do you even emote.

Flapper thought it would be a good idea to go through a mountain to find the next lake. After we came out, everything was covered in snow. While we were walking, I found some friends who wanted to help.

David is sneaky, but he still wants to help us. He likes to hide in the snow and play with his other friends.

Glacier is shy, but she’s very smart. She knows how to get around all of the snow. Snow is fun, but there is too much here.

I think I’ve met Mr. Snuffles before, but I don’t know where. He is silly! He is also good at finding things buried under the snow. He helped us find an HM that I taught to Ralph later.

We found the lake, but I cannot climb the rocks. Ralph can, but he needs a gym badge before we can do it. I guess we have to find a town in the snow now. Hoshi decided to fly above the trees and find it.

We made it to the new town, and Tabitha was very excited because everybody only uses Ice Types. She beat the gym leader’s whole team in no time at all, so now we’re able to hurry to the lake. Hopefully we make it in time.

We didn’t make it in time.

Where did the mean people go? I cannot find any of them. Neither can Flapper or Zircon or Hoshi or Tabitha or Ralph or Taylor. We went all over the region today, but I do not know where to begin.

I found a big building where all the mean people are living.

The lakes are safe now, but I am worried about the big mountain. Something is swirling above it, and I don’t know what. Ralph is going to scale the mountain so that we can investigate.

Did this take too long because I overthought blocking? Yes. Will that also be the reason the next part is delayed? Yes.
This is a shortie, and so is the next part (well... kinda), but if I combined the two I would probably never get the update out because aaaaaart. In related news, I cannot draw fists and I’ve decided to stop trying. Apologies in advance.

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Hi guys! Unfortunately, the next Lucky Platinum part is going to take a while to finish. HOWEVER, I’ve decided to share some concept art to tide everyone over! I hope you enjoy my unique take on Giratina.

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This is the one where things get... strange. It’s a culmination of everything that’s happened before it, but it may raise more questions than it answers. It’s also a bit shorter than usual, but... you’ll see why.

This mountain is difficult to climb, and there are bad people everywhere. At least it isn’t very cold. Flapper is good at beating up the mean people, and they always run away from her.

I think that we are getting closer to the top. It is getting more and more difficult to see the path, even for Hoshi.

The peak is just over the hill. We’ve finally made it. I just hope we can stop the bad guy plan this time...

A big scary dragon beat the bad guy, so he is gone now. Everything is peaceful and nice. I am going to play with my friends now. Maybe we will even find another gym.

oh my goodness this took AGES. I struggled over Giratina’s design, page layout, and general dialogue things for a while before even beginning to sketch out this chapter. Finishing the seven pages here took all month, and uh the shading was a mistake. I hate shading. Why did I do it (because it looks cool).
I have no regrets about how Giratina’s speech is rendered here; I’d like to thank some irl friends for encouraging me to go this route. Speaking of Giratina: I hand-inked all of those tendrils. I have regrets.
There’s a whole lot going on in this chapter, so of course I’m going to focus on Taylor. Taylor is tricky to draw, and it wasn’t until I started writing Lucky Platinum that I came to appreciate just how much stuff he did in gameplay. Luxray is a cool Pokémon, but it needs better level up moves, sheesh. I say that he’s hard to draw because I think I just keep making him fluffier. Oops.
Consider this chapter my extremely belated “Thanks for the support at the Extravaganza!!” I went for it, and I’m super pleased with the results!
Next time: might be more chill. Maybe.

Alba Corbina

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 26, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
I'm certainly not going to complain about Taylor getting more and more floofy. Also, Giratina looks awesome!

Last edited:

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Instead of studying for my last AP exam, I finished putting this part together! Don’t worry, it’s probably fine. Anyways.

@Alba Corbina : Taylor’s fluff propelled me through those pages, honestly. And thank you! I’m really glad with how Giratina turned out.

Now that the weird blue man is gone, we can go to a new city. On the way, I met a new friend.

Tigger is energetic and loud. I think he will make lots of friends in the box.

The new city is a lot like the other cities, but it has more bridges. Zircon and I were walking around and then he evolved!

Zircon’s really big now! He’s also even friendlier than before. He’s so friendly that he doesn’t really want to battle any more. That’s okay, he already has a lot of friends in the box.

Callum decided to come with us, because he has been spending a lot of time battling wild Machop and says that he’s “EV trained” now. I still don’t know what that means. Ralph trained with him some more and he evolved!

Callum is very strong, but he says a lot of things that don’t make any sense. That’s okay, though! I think he will be a good team member.

A nice lady taught Flapper how to climb waterfalls, but we have to get a gym badge to do it. We’re going to go and do that after Ralph learns how to make Earthquakes. I hope it goes well.

Ralph beat the gym leader by a lot! It turns out the gym leader’s Pokemon are allergic to shaky ground. Taylor also helped a little; they make a good team. Now we are going to the cave above the waterfall.

We made a new friend in the cave!

Drill doesn’t really like battling, but he is already having fun in the box and getting along with Zircon.

This cave is very big. I’m not sure how to get out.

We’re still in the cave.

Taylor found the exit! But he also decided to leave. I’m not worried about him; he promised to visit. Maybe he’ll find Bud in his travels…

My friend Margaret decided to come with us, so Hoshi and Tabitha helped her grow up! It didn’t take very long.

She learned how to annoy her opponents with fire and also how to punch things real good.

I couldn’t find Margaret but it turns out she was hiding under a blanket! Also she’s even bigger now.

I think that we will explore for a little while longer and then investigate the big building that Taylor found outside of the cave.

I found another friend!

Nora sparkles just like Zircon does! They get along very well. Nora doesn’t want to battle right now, but that’s okay since everyone else is very strong and Nora is not.

There are people to battle in the big building, so we are going to battle them now.

Taylor did not die, I just decided to box him. Electric isn’t very useful against Plat’s E4, and I’ve been itching to use Callum ever since I got Pokerus a while back (wait did… did I never mention that until now?? Oh man and I forgot to mention the Lucky Egg also UM).
Some quick background that I should mention- I started the gameplay for Lucky Platinum about two years ago on a used cartridge that had some… issues. It would crash occasionally, and shortly after I made it to Veilstone in-game, it got really crash-happy for reasons I’m still unclear on, so I put the game down and didn’t come back to it for nearly a year. The first thing that I did when I picked it back up was fight Volkner, and the second thing I did was start hunting for Munchlax. I wanted the Leftovers for Margaret, see.
I didn’t find Leftovers. I found Nora.
There’s a reason I named this run Lucky Platinum.

Izuna's Spider

Here for the fun
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 21, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Poison
Woah, that's luck for sure.

I rella like the ways this run is made, it's really sweet ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)