• Ash has been all over the news lately and this site is no exception! Check out Ashes to Ashes, the latest featured run!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • Happy tapaversary, Guest! It's been about a year since the Tapatalk Takeover; if you'd like to make a donation to us to celebrate the fact that we tapped out of that site, please click here.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about the new Critique Level Tags!
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

Written Log Sinnoh General Mon Benji's Lucky Platinum

Thread Description
A child romping through Sinnoh. Nothing strange is going on.

TheTRUEgge

Egg
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Hello! I’ve been lurking on these forums for a while, and have become more active now that we’ve moved onto the new forum. I recently posted a thread for my ongoing Nuzlocke Comic, but I decided that I wanted to do something new! And, because I recently picked up my Platinum Nuzlocke again, I decided to do a log run of it. Well... it’s sort of a log run. That’s the category it fits most closely, I think. Exactly why will become more clear as we move along.

Without further ado...

Part 1: You are here!

I had a nightmare today.

I’m in a new place now. Flapper called it ‘Sinnoh’, wherever that is. She’s my Piplup. She’s wearing a silly hat.

Professor Rowan said I should fill out the Pokedex for him. Then he gave me Pokeballs for catching Pokemon. He doesn’t seem to realize that we’ve never met before.

Flapper caught three new friends while I was out.

Sarah is a Bidoof. She’s silly but she isn’t very strong. Her only aspiration in life is to learn Rock Smash. Flapper told me that’s good, for a Bidoof.

Hoshi is a Starly. Her name sounds familiar, but I don’t know why. She doesn’t think she’s very strong, but she is much more powerful than Sarah and Taylor.

Taylor is a Shinx. He’s rude and funny and wants to learn an electric type move. He’s jealous of everyone else because they all have whatever a ‘stab’ move is, and he doesn’t.

That’s what Flapper told me, anyway.

Today I followed Flapper around and made new friends.

A man in Jubilife gave me an Old Rod, so I visited Twinleaf Town for the first time. I guess I have a house there. It’s empty.

I caught a Magikarp there. Susan doesn’t talk very much and doesn’t like to battle. She’s funny, though, and gets along well with Sarah. They’re close friends now.

I went back to Jubilife. A man gave me a watch and I headed north.

Jessica was a Wurmple at first, but then she evolved into a big Dustox. She doesn’t talk much and is a little scary now. But Flapper trusts her and I trust Flapper, so I’m sure she’s fine.

Flapper found Brush in a cave. He followed us for a little while before going to his ball. Flapper says he comes out at night, but I haven’t seen him.

A boy named Caleb is following me around, and he challenged me to a battle.

Jessica battled his Starly, who didn’t attack. Then Hoshi fought his Chimchar. The boy is impatient in every aspect of his life except for the battles. None of his Pokemon tried to damage mine.

Nick joined us after that battle. He likes to sleep in his ball. I think that he is good friends with Brush, or at least he would be. Maybe he’ll leave the ball soon.

Donald is silly. He’s a psyduck and he likes Flapper. Flapper is not in his league though.

Ruby is a Ponyta and is very friendly with everyone else on the team. I like her, too. She lets me ride on her back. She reminds me of the Ponyta I saw at a ranch once. I don’t remember where.

Taylor learned how to use electricity, and then we visited the gym. Roark wasn’t there, so I went to fetch him from the mines. Flapper battled a lot of Pokemon there, and then she evolved.

Flapper said that she’s a Prinplup now. I’ve never seen one before. She has sharp claws on her flippers and a sharper beak.

I wanted to find a friend very quickly in the Oreburgh Mine, but the rock types were too scared of Flapper. Then we found one that was different.

Taylor thinks Zircon is shiny. I guess that means he’s rare. He is small and weak, but it will not be long before he becomes as strong as the other Geodude in the mine. I decided to bring him with us.

I found Roark and then we battled him in the gym. Flapper did all the work, because Rock types are afraid of bubbles. Hoshi, Taylor, Ruby, and Zircon cheered her on. Everyone else is in the box now.

These parts are going to be covering a lot of ground! Part of the nature of a rather simplistic narrative style. I’ve had a lot of fun developing and writing this story, so I really hope that it’s fun to read!

You begin to see why I decided on the name Lucky Platinum, huh? Believe it or not, this isn’t the most unlikely thing that happens this run.

Here, have some fun facts:

-I cannot draw anything without construction lines, even if I’m trying really, really hard. The character drawings are sketched traditionally before being doodled over digitally.

-Some of the colors look a little wonky because Benji is coloring everything using his 24 set of Crayola colored pencils! I think I’m going to darken the linework after this part, though. Darn Sinnoh Pokemon and an abundance of gray.

-In later parts, I’ll probably be using this to clarify things that happened in the run (this is just a log run with a small narrative running through it, but it’s a small narrative that I’ve spent a lot of time on), but this one happened about exactly how Benji says here.

-The reason that Donald doesn’t appear to have arms is because my first Pokemon game was Pearl. In Pearl, Psyduck’s arms are sprited in a way that made my childish mind think they were ears. Therefore.

Minty Electronica

heeeeeeeyyyyyy, adora~ <3
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It's an azumarill. You caught an azumarril.
Gooooood, every bit of this is just adorable. Like, first off, that art. I love that crayon-style, almost jagged, kid-like style. It's just ridiculously cute—not to mention it adds a sort of cute, warm-and-fuzzy feel to the run. Which is a Nuzlocke run. Of one of the hardest games to Nuzlocke.

And the narrator is just as warm and adorable. Like, I love seeing the world through this kid's eyes. I mean, first off, I love how each of the team's quirks are just sort of distilled down to simple explanations—like, even the strangest or most noteworthy bits, such as Taylor's aggression or Zircon's shininess, are kinda just glossed over by the kid's naïveté. Not that that's a bad thing, of course, because it's very clear that Benji just doesn't know much about the world, which just makes sense. But it does make me wonder how he'll handle things like inevitable character death down the road, as the plot of Platinum picks up, especially since we're so entrenched in his mind thanks to the way this story is told. Ngl, it should be interesting to watch...

Tl;dr, Benji is a fun character, the art is adorable, and I would definitely be down for more if there's more.

TheTRUEgge

Egg
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Arghhhh it’s been so long I’m so sorry! Between school, Sunlocke, and a variety of other things, this has unfortunately been pushed to the side. That ends now, though! My plan is to pull another update in the first week of November, when Inktober is over. In the meantime, my other run updates... regularly???? What???? Anyways I worked really hard on this update, and I hope that it delivers on everything!

@Minty Electronica : Thank you so much for your comment! I’m really happy that the art and commentary are bouncing off of each other well, because this has just been one enormous experiment for me. That I thought I would be finished with a lot sooner, whoops!

There were strange men in spacesuits today. Hoshi took care of them. Professor Rowan was there.

Jessica can whip up wind with her wings now. She is even scarier than before.

Taylor is much larger now. He has evolved. Sometimes he gives off shocks, but I don’t think he means to. Flapper and Hoshi don’t want to go near him until he gets that under control.

It doesn’t bother me.

Zircon and Ruby get along very well. They both learned new moves today, and are very strong now. Ruby is still fun to ride. Zircon is still sparkly.

Hoshi evolved! Her eyes are a little scary now, but she is still very kind to everyone else. Especially Flapper.

We played in the flowers of Floraroma.

A little girl is crying. She can’t find her dad. I tried to help. I couldn’t find him either.

I think he is stuck in the Valley Windworks.

There were odd people in spacesuits at the Valley Windworks. A mean lady was leading them. She was being mean to a nice man.

We helped him.

Foreshadowing is just my absolute favorite thing. I love it.

I’m not sure if it’s possible to figure out what’s going on quite yet... it might be..? It’s hard when you have everything planned out, because it makes it tough to know when you’re laying on the foreshadowing and such a bit too thick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)