• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Badger Chills in Galar with the PikaClones

BadgerDaddy

DISAPPOINTED!
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 4, 2020
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
This was a mistake!
Not a Nuzlocke, but a rather chill run/challange of Pokemon Shield, where I use only PikaClones. This has no reason for existing, but I am kinda bored, and I still have the urge to procrastinate on my final projects.

Since the DLC dropped, we were blessed with four PikaClones (which I bred and moved to my Pokemon Shield game), those being Emolga, Dedenne, Togedemaru and Morpeko, who give us a decent coverage. I will also take the Gmax Pikachu from the Wild Area, since it's the BIG BOSS after all.

The Team:

Squirrel

Hamster

Hedgehog

Guinea Pig

Mouse

I started the game by skipping all the dialogue, because I already finished this game waaayyyy too many times, and I already know the story. I must admit, Shield version is slightly harder than Sword only because of Allister. You can disagree with me, but he is probably gonna be the hardest part of the run. After depositing our Scorbunny in the PC and taking out our team, we can actually start and talk business.

After destroying the trainers on Route 2 and leveling up (since we started the game with lvl 1 babies), I reached Magnolia's house. When I asked her about her big teeth and ears, she told me that she wasn't, in fact, a wolf in disguise, but a real life old woman, and took the basket of goods I brought her. At this point, our team is around level 8, and Hedgehod is the Boss Queen of our team, taking down every trainer we encountered on our way here. Hop and Leon were apparently waiting for us and were having a dialogue. I wasn't really following, but grandma Magnolia wants us to fight Hop for the sake of impressing Leon.

While I ended up liking Hop as a character at the end of my Sword run, I won't go easy on him. Hedgehog literally destroyed his team. It went something like this:

Hedgehog VS Wooloo

Hedgehog used Nuzzle!
The opposing Wooloo is Paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
The opposing Wooloo used Tackle!
It's not very effective...
Hedgehog used Tackle!
The opposing Wooloo used Growl!
Hedgehog's Attack fell!
Hedgehog used Tackle!
The opposing Wooloo fainted!

Hedgehog VS Grookey

Hedgehog used Nuzzle!
The opposing Grookey is Paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
The opposing Grookey used Scratch!
Hedgehog used Tackle!
Hedgehog used Tackle!
A critical hit!
The opposing Grookey used Branch Poke!
Hedgehog used Tackle!
Hedgehog used Tackle!
The opposing Grookey fainted!

Hedgehog VS Rookidee

Hedgehog used Nuzzle!
It's super effective!
The opposing Rookidee is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
The opposing Rookidee used Peck!
Hedgehog used Nuzzle!
It's super effective!
The opposing Rookidee fainted!

I guess having a steel type so early in the game is not very fair, but also fighting me when I have only one Pokemon and you have two is not very fair either. Is it, Hop? I guess he learned his lesson, and also we managed to impress Leon. Let's be honest, Hedgehog impressed Leon, Hop didn't really do much. In fact, Hedgehog was so impressive, literally two falling stars dropped from the sky next to us. Instead of calling the Galar army force and taking the objects to Galar Area 51, we are told that this is a sign! We go back to Magnolia's house and she gives us special accessories that help our Pokemon grow bigger. Somehow. I ger Megas, since we give our Pokemon a held item, but Dmax and Gmax literally go over my head. Maybe it was explained somewhere. Maybe it wasn't.

Well, I guess I will end it here.
See you in part 2!

Last edited:

BadgerDaddy

DISAPPOINTED!
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 4, 2020
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
This was a mistake!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So after defeating Hop, again, I made my way towards Wedgehurst, again.
Mom gave me camping gear, which I will abuse when I will get to grind.
When I finally get to the Wild Area, I can add the last team member to my team - A gmax Pikachu named "Mouse".
Since my team is looking good, I will skip the Wild Area for now and head straight to Motostoke.
After changing my clothes and updating my trainer card, we meet up with Leon, who gives me a charcoal - an item I will never use.
When I get to the stadium, I set up my shirt number - 025, for obvious reasons.
Off to the Inn I go.
Sorry, I am shown the way to the Budew Inn.
After some lore talk with Sonia, I try to get my room keys, only to be stopped by a bunch of hooligans.
Team Yell.
Hedgehog, being the mvp she is, destroys them, barely taking any damage.
I meet Marnie, who apologizes for Team Yell, being the best girl that she is.
The morning after the encounter, I went to the ceremony, probably the most exciting part of the game.
The expression on the PC's face does it for me, tbh.
Seeing all the Gym Leaders and the excited crowd...
This is what a League Challenge should be like.
Big, loud, exciting.
And then, another battle against Hop.
Hedgehog took care of it, of course.
Mouse learned Electro Ball after defeating a random trainer, so this is kinda useful.
Also, while I bred them, I didn't really look at my Pokemon's abilities.
Long story short - Hamster has Pickup, so...
Never shop again?
Not really.
She seems to be eager to give me all the mushrooms she finds.
Since I find it as an amazingly cute gesture, I won't sell the mushrooms, but keep them with me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)