• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
Thread Description
This is the story of a girl who's tired of pretending // Updates every other Thursday

Duke_Maniac

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Grass, Psychic
First Rhema you should remember to not reveal spoilers.

Second welp Zinna is evil, Wally is gone, Lillian will realize her love (of bodyguards) and Brendan will not be the same.

DistortionLocke

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Anxious, sweet-toothed writer who hides amongst the papers. Only attacks when provoked.
Oh fuck oh shit oh fuckohSHIT

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
I had my suspicions about Zinnia, given her role in the games. But now I´m scared, because they became true.
I really wish the best for our protagonist.

csidvuL

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
can zinnia assign her bodyguards to shoot me dead????? ugh she is a QUEEN, I have loved her being a cold-ass mess throughout these couple chapters.

I enjoyed your attention to the minutae and tradition of the funeral process. I think it made for a deliberately slow and thus effectively paced chapter. That brief interaction between Lillian and Brendan right at the end of the chapter was great stuff, explosive and quick in contrast to the slow build of tension otherwise. Of course Wally's taken off like a dickhead. I can only assume he's off doing reckless sadboy shit -- not necessarily shaking down Aqua grunts, but more of the flavour of "well I guess this is what comes of forming attachments!!!!", the big dumb idiot. There was deliberacy in how he took off, given that his apology to Lillian reads as his farewell.

Looking forward to more!

Aurea

🎇Contributor
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Steel
“I’m just not up to it right now,” Wally mumbles in response, turning his back to us. Before walking away, he casts a rather curious look over his shoulder. “Bye, guys.”
Okay that "Bye, guys" was SUSPISH af and I was squinting, like. Wally. Don't run off and do something stupid. Which of course, he presumably did. Dx Aaaaaa, not great timing bub! I know you're sad and angry, but Zinnia's plottin' out here!! Your girls are dealing with some sketch shit!!!
As a final act of love and adoration, Zinnia tops the casket with a single white zinnia before blowing her late husband a tender kiss.
For a split second, I don’t recognize her. Her face resembles stone: cold and unmoving. Then, she erupts into airy laughter and waves my concern away with her petite hand.
“I trust that you’ll pass the message along to Wally and Brendan,” Zinnia hums, turning to dig around in her stylish leather bag. She pulls out three gold envelopes decorated with wax seals and hands them to me when she rises. “I need to be getting back to the other guests, but do keep in touch. I’d love to see you three at the annual Devon Corp Ball!” Her chipper voice and bright grin makes my palms sweat.
Okay on a more serious note - I quoted these excerpts in order because I really love how Zinnia devolves from the perfect picture of mourning widow throughout the course of this chapter? Something was a little... off, I guess, in the last chapter, but I chalked it up to her being a very poised and composed person who was holding it together as well as she could. That sort of spilled over into this chapter, with the crocodile tears right on cue during the funeral, and the dropping of the single white zinnia flower as a final goodbye, but like... as the day wears on? Her poise starts to crumble. She admits, she's exhausted! But not in the way we expect. It appears she's exhausted playing the role of mourning widow not because she's covering up her sadness to appease others, but because it's not genuine. Lilian noticing the dragon tattoo just sorta cements that something majorly sketch is going on.

I'm worried. For Lilian, as she figures out how to grapple with this new information; for Wally, who is out on his own and possibly getting into trouble; for both of them, for losing their protection with the bodyguards... things are definitely spicing up! Looking forward to seeing what happens next. 👀

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)