• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
Thread Description
Ask Me Anything, Xenforo Edition

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Takes plenty of siestas, somewhat of a clown, impetuous and silly
alright, antingaround! ama!

Aureum

All it takes is just one smile.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
If you could back into time, would you do it? If yes, what would you do and why?

Last edited:

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's your favorite Pokémon of all time?

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
Why dura-- fuck.

Waffles or pancakes?

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
If you could back into time, would you do it? I feel yes, what would you do and why?
Hm... I don't think I would. I've made lots of mistakes, but I think I've grown from them for the better... and haven't made any awful mistakes that deserve a time travel to fix... I think. 'sides, that stuff usually ends up going waaaay wrong in the movies!
What's your favorite Pokémon of all time?
Ooh, that's a tough one. I have a particularly soft spot for Gliscor. I think Archeops, Scolipede, and Rotom-Mow would come a close second though!
Why Durant?
It was one of my main carries in my first Insurgence run, which was the nuzlocke the really got me into chasing difficulty hacks and trying out new rulesets. In a way, I guess, it was the mascot of the run that caused my "nuzlocke awakening". The fire comes from the fact that the durant died after getting set on fire! Extremely symbolic!
Is that a Mega Flygon in your sig? Because I love.
Spot on! I've grown to love Insurgence's Mega Flygon! It's such a cool design, and a great pokemon to boot. It helps that it's broken AF LOL
Why dura-- fuck.

Waffles or pancakes?
Both, at the same time. Or neither, I usually end up grabbing cereal instead!

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
What's the absolute worst- or most disappointing- encounter you've had in a run?

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
What's your favorite and least favorite color?

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!! 31 Minutos FTW!!!
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
What´s your least favorite Pokémon Game?

Aureum

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
What’s your favourite Pokémon game?

LHarm2007

Nuzlocker
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 18, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He, His
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
Pokédex Entry
Although normally calm, joyful and slightly clever at school work, when you make him mad he goes crazy. This side never shows online though.
Why do all your usernames have mouse in it?

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
What's the absolute worst- or most disappointing- encounter you've had in a run?
Christ, where do I even begin?

I have had many, maaaanyyy bad, painful runs, so I'll just list a few.

- The time I lost half my team to Clair in HG and then steadily lost the entire rest of my team on my way to Indigo Plateau, including losing a nidoking because I had him use dig against a dugtrio that knew earthquake, and eventually having to go into the E4 with four mon I'd only caught in the last couple routes in the game.
- The time I lost my dartrix against a shellder with icicle... fuck what was it. Icicle crash? The icicle move that's like rock blast.
- The time I lost my pyukumuku to Hala's z-move. Painful as fuck...
- The time I got stuck with an unevolved nincada on the team.
- The time I lost my starter in a wedlocke because he was married to a watchog and there was just nothing I could do about it.
- The time I fell in love with a buizel I caught in Valley Windworks, basically treating her as my new starter and boxing prinplup for her, only to lose her to a crit karate chop while grinding.
- The time I wiped to Ghetsis.
- The time I lost 2/3s of my team to Grimsley because I tickled his bisharp. :)
- Battling totems in USUM sucked and I wiped to many of them before giving up on nuzlocking the game altogether.
- The time I lost an EoS run because I didn't know how Marowak Dojo worked.
- The time that the entire story of my Firered comic hinged on getting a beedrill to the Elite Four. That was fucking stressful.
- The time I tried to do a looplocke. Don't do fucking looplockes.
- The time I lost my charmeleon in an X monolocke to a fucking JUMPLUFF in the GRASS GYM. Yes, in case you're wondering, it was an OHKO. We later wiped the run because of that.

And that's just a few of em!

What's your favorite and least favorite color?
Favorite color: Pink! :D Perfect color. Perfection. Light pink specifically, but all pinks are good!

Least favorite color: Hummmm.... There aren't really any colors I actively dislike, but maybe red? I don't like drawing with red super much. It's always the color I'd pick last in a piece if possible.

What´s your least favorite Pokémon Game?
Oddly enough, Pokemon Sword and Shield. Yes, I know there was a ton of drama about it; I do not consider myself to have been on said bandwagon, not even a little. I actually only realized it was my least favorite pokemon game a good while after I bought it. Usually when I pick up a new pokemon game, I' super excited. A new game! New friends to make, battles to fight! I'll usually spend a good amount of time planning my team, researching about the different gyms, just generally getting excited! And I loooove playing new pokemon games. Love love love it.

But I bought Shield (I wasn't even planning to buy it right away but I got it for like $25 and couldn't pass that up), and I played a little bit of it, and I just... felt nothing. I had no motivation for it. I played up to gym three with a friend, and that was fun cause that friend is fun. But we got bored of that playthrough, and I tried to start my own and didn't even make it to the first gym. There were things I liked: Galar zigzagoon is a treasure, rolycoly is a treasure. But I couldn't even get excited about the starters. Or anything that was happening. At the time, I was really into breeding competitive mudkips in USUM, and when it finally hit me that I'd never be able to bring my little mudkip family to Galar and share them with others instead of just hoarding them in my box, all because Game Freak was just too damn lazy to put more than a couple of pokemon in the game, that really did it for me. I put the game down.

There has never been a pokemon game I picked up and couldn't have been bothered to finish. There has never been a pokemon game I picked up that I wasn't excited to play. Say what you will about pop-in or DLC or the shitty story; I got through SM and BW, that stuff doesn't automatically do it in for me. But it might've been the shit going down about it before its release: Everyone, people I knew, being upset, angry, hurt that Pokemon's first main console release was turning out so shitty. And those feelings just become associated. Why get excited about a game when people have already spent so much time breaking down why it isn't worth your money? And I'm NOT one of those people who think the haters were out of line and should've shut up. Many, many of their criticisms were extremely valid and they were right to speak up, whether or not they were ruining other fans' fun.

I could go on, but this is already very long, and I've already gotten the point across. So yeah, least favorite pokemon game: Shield.

What’s your favourite Pokémon game?
If we're talking pokemon games in general, it's Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky! Fantastic little game, Game Freak's best product. It's been my favorite game for over a decade now (not even just pokemon game, game in general). It introduced me to PMD, it introduced me to Pokemon, and as a little kid, it introduced me to new styles of writing that I have carried in my own writing ever since. It had a massive influence on my life as a whole, and I love it. Soundtrack also fucking slaps.

Favorite main series game? Pokemon Heart Gold. It's not objectively better than any other pokemon game; in fact, one could argue it's worse cause of that grinding. But something about the following mon, having your pokemon with you, that changed the experience dramatically. In other games, pokemon are the things that exist when the random encounter starts going DADALADADALADADALADADALA dun dun dun duuun dun, dun dun duuun. They tackle when you say tackle and then vanish into the ether until the next battle. Even later games' amie doesn't really quite do it to fix that; as it just becomes that they either exist to battle or they exist to bat their eyes at you and monch on poffins in some weird void when you click the button.

HGSS isn't that stupid. It doesn't do that. Your pokemon is ALWAYS with you. They ARE a character who is with you through the whole journey. I have so many wonderful memories of trekking across Johto with my quilava, giggling when he got upset in the rain, getting distressed when he was about to fall over from battling too hard. Usually in pokemon games, I have no issue waiting to heal until most of the party is fainted, but HG is the only game that made me sprint to the Pokemon Center to get my babies fixed up. It's such a small change that so dramatically changes the game, and it made playing HG by far the best experience for me.

I also have a huge soft spot for Pokemon Black. It's the first main series game I ever played, and imo it's an extremely good game. The story fucking SUCKS and is so fucking stupid it hurts my brain, but story doesn't make a pokemon game so bygones be bygones. I love the pokemon selection in it a lot, and it's objectively the most visually beautiful game in Pokemon (yes, even compared to the 3D games). It was a very long-time dream of mine to successfully nuzlocke it, and after many, many attempts, I even finally did it a couple months ago! Yay!

I also really like Pokemon Emerald and Pokemon Omega Ruby, those titles are certainly strong third places.

Why do all your usernames have mouse in it?
Because I am a mouse. Duh.

More serious answer, I'm p sure I've told this story a lot by now, but I'm called Yellow Mouse because I had a strong reputation in a mouse-keeping community for always ending up with yellow mice when no one else could find em, and I'm called Mouse With A Dinosaur Tail because it sounds funny.

LHarm2007

Nuzlocker
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 18, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He, His
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
Pokédex Entry
Although normally calm, joyful and slightly clever at school work, when you make him mad he goes crazy. This side never shows online though.

glancesherlock

Consulting Detective
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Just wants to stay home and solve crimes.
Oh hey! I see you're new. What made you want to join the forums?

Aureum

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
Any aspirations you wish to achieve in your lifetime?

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!! 31 Minutos FTW!!!
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
Who´s your favorite starter?

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Is there a story behind your username?

Thirteenth

Number XIV
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
The reason she guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that she wants them to hurry up and leave.
What's your favorite book or story?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)