• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
Thread Description
Ask Me Anything, Xenforo Edition

Aureum

All it takes is just one smile.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
What is the best ice cream flavour?

pinkshellos

oh man oh beans oh m
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
Favorite games other than Pokémon?

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Favorite Nuzlocke ruleset?

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
What brings you to the forums?

Shruikan

Bookwyrm
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 10, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon appears shy and quiet, but bring up a subject that interests them and they can speak for hours nonstop.
What is the best ice cream flavour?
I'm going to sound really boring but I've always liked Vanilla the best. You can add any toppings or sides you like and they all work, no worrying about flavours clashing or stuff.

Favorite games other than Pokémon?
Fire Emblem: I love turn based tactics games, and FE is also one of the few games I've found to have playable dragons. Plus Laguz are awesome. (Radiant Dawn is my all time favourite video game)
Shin Megami Tensei/Persona: Pokemon but a lot darker and with mythology. And their lighter cousin Persona, which alway have great soundtracks, characters & gameplay. If I had to pick one game from the francise it would be Persona 5, due to hitting the perfect balence between hard and possible with it's time limited Confidants, and the general Phantom Thief theme.
Magia Record: Despite being a FTP mobile game, it manages to be a fun game that doesn't lock anything behind paywalls and has a fun lighter take on the world of Madoka Magica whiile retaining some of the darker elements at times.

Favorite Nuzlocke ruleset?
Wedlocke and/or Scramble. I've taken to doing both of these together a lot. Wedlocke because I'm a sad shipper who wants to pair up my pokemon, and Scramble because it gives some rarer pokemon that otherwise would never be seen in a nuzlocke their time to shine.

What brings you to the forums?
I think I actually found this place through your comic :P You mentioned something about Cedar winning a vote here or something?

So first the previous pokemon forum I used to be on is nearly dead, and one of the few people remaining is someone I want no contact with.
Secondly I have a run I've been wanting to make into a comic for a while, and was looking for somewhere to post it.
This place looked like the perfect fit for both problems, so I thought I'd sign up and see. So far it's been pretty fun :3

what's your hottest Fire Emblem take?
Hmm, not sure if this qualifies (Had to google what a hot take was :P) but I'd say:
Dimitri is the only bad guy out of the faction leaders in Three Houses. Edelgarde, Rhea & Claud all had valid reason for their action and had the best interests of the people of Fodlan at heart, while Dimitri just wanted revenge for himself and ignored his citizens plight for half the game.

pinkshellos

oh man oh beans oh m
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
Ooooh, I’ll be on the lookout for your comic!

I’d love to be asked some questions :)

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Why do you prefer pink shellos?

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Do you cook/bake/make any food? If so, what is your favorite food to make? If not, what is the food you would most love to be able to make?

Aureum

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
What is the best movie you’ve seen in 2020 so far?

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Takes plenty of siestas, somewhat of a clown, impetuous and silly
What was the most lucky moment you've ever had in a nuzlocke? (ie, did a salamence dodge an icicle crash?)

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
Sixth favorite pokemon?

pinkshellos

oh man oh beans oh m
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Why do you prefer pink shellos?
One of the first ever pokemon toys I had as a little kid was a pink shellos!

Do you cook/bake/make any food? If so, what is your favorite food to make? If not, what is the food you would most love to be able to make?
I don’t cook/bake often but I do like making mug cakes. I wish I could make those fluffy soufflé pancakes...

What is the best movie you’ve seen in 2020 so far?
I actually don’t remember if I’ve seen any movies this year... my favorite movie of all time is Hidden Figures, though.

What was the most lucky moment you've ever had in a nuzlocke? (ie, did a salamence dodge an icicle crash?)
I was woefully underprepared for Falkner in Heartgold, and my best bet against his Pidgeotto for a few reasons was a very frail Hoothoot named Beans... it was looking like she was going to die until Pidgeotto missed a a Tackle and Beans’ Uproar crit, ending the battle pretty prematurely.
A close second was my Raticate surviving not one but two Psychics from Mewtwo in Firered. That was pretty badass.

Sixth favorite pokemon?
Oh, hmm... I don’t have a definitive list of favorite pokemon so I just gotta guess what the 6th is... maybe Masquerain?

Aureum

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
Another round, AMA!

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
Oops. Editing.

So, why ketchup chips?

pinkshellos

oh man oh beans oh m
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Coolest nuzlocke moment?

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Takes plenty of siestas, somewhat of a clown, impetuous and silly
what's the best pokemon QOL change / worst pokemon QOL change?

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's your hypest Smash moment?

Aureum

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
Oops. Editing.

So, why ketchup chips?
Because I’m Canadian, and we have a lot of Ketchup Chips. (But basically nobody likes them, but people who’ll eat them exists sadly.)

Coolest nuzlocke moment?
Fun fact, I have never really gone far enough into any nuzlockes to have a cool moment. Sorry bout that, but instead how about I tell you something else? Did you know that at one point I actually owned two Volcanion? It was very cool, ngl! (I’m pretty sure one or both of them were hacked tho.)

what's the best pokemon QOL change / worst pokemon QOL change?
Hot take, Gen 6 adding a togglable EXP Share that worked for your entire team was the best QOL. Like seriously, I don’t see why people are so upset about it. Sometimes it’s quite tedious to level up individual mons (or use switch-training), and I’m a weakling, ok?!?! And unlike Gen VIII, you can turn it off if you don’t want to use it!
(Removing HMs are just slightly below this one.)

The worst one for me was probably the changes to the online features in SwSh. I mean there were problems before, but it worked better before Gen VIII imo.

What's your hypest Smash moment?
Probably when Ultimate didn’t come out yet, and Incin was announced.

what is one thing you look forward to?
Sleep, more sleep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)