• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
Thread Description
Ask Me Anything, Xenforo Edition

Aureum

A world calling for justice shall be heard.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
What is the best letter of the alphabet and why?

Thirteenth

Number XIV
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
The reason she guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that she wants them to hurry up and leave.
If you could visit any place in world that you haven't been to before, where would you go?

MyztixSoundZ

Consecrated Cryptid of Iesma
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Either Texas or Spain but always in Iesma
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
You can call me anything as long as you call me yours ;)
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost, Beautiful, ???
Pokédex Entry
Fucking aroud and finding out, catch me and these hands
What is your hottest pokemon take?

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
What’s the worst letter of the alphabet?

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
If you could have one nontraditional superpower, what would it be?
The Power to enter into pictures. It could be fun to explore paintings and past photos.

What is the best letter of the alphabet and why?
Y, because y not!!!

If you could visit any place in world that you haven't been to before, where would you go?
I would probably visit Canada, France, Japan, or fellow Latin American countries.

Favorite Gym leader?
Wattson, I always have fun destoying that Gym with my Marshtomp.

Other favorites are Chuck (because his Ace is Poliwrath), Morty, Blaine, Roxanne, and probably one of the Galar leaders once I get to play the games.

What is your hottest pokemon take?
I love XY, and I´ll probably enjoy SwSh as well.
That´s the hottest take I can come up with.

Was either that or consider PMD Explorers as overrated, but is that even a hot take anymore?

What’s the worst letter of the alphabet?
W, because I don´t like it.

Garish Garchomp

Friendly Neighborhood Landshark
Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
HI FRIENDS IT ME AGAIN 😻

Aurea

🎇Contributor
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Steel
What’s an excerpt of your writing you’re especially proud of, and what do you love about it?

localhoney

~either i'm careless or i wanna get caught~
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Localhoney, the Sweet Toxin Pokemon. It's said that the sounds it emits can paralyze even a Gigantamax Grimmsnarl.
If you could pick any NBA player at any point in their career, and put them on a modern NBA team, who would it be and why would it be Prime Chris Bosh why?

Aureum

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
What is your favourite type/dual type and why?

Thirteenth

Number XIV
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
The reason she guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that she wants them to hurry up and leave.
What has been your biggest inspiration/what have you learned from most when it come to writing?

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Favorite and least favorite Pokémon of all time and why?

Garish Garchomp

Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
What’s an excerpt of your writing you’re especially proud of, and what do you love about it?
I'm going to say the entirety of Carousel's first chapter, though I'll give this as a quick quote from it:
She turns now, gazing upon the sea of her own creation before turning to the skies above and belting out a howl for the ages. That roar sends everything alight. The sea grows choppy, almost stormy, before dissipating. The sky rattles unsteadily before finally shambling and shattering. The stars left in its wake are mere shards of the northern lights, while the trees that bloom from nowhere aspire to pluck those sparkling fragments right out of Arceus’ orchard.

Even as Suicune’s realm makes way for old Johto, he hears her give one last word.

“Seek the sea guardian’s scion, and the path shall illuminate from there. Exaltation awaits, Eusine.”
Why? Because it's not just proof of concept for my favorite run, but proof of concept for me as a writer. The runs and stories I'd written up to that point, once I'd gotten out of bad edgy self-insert fanfic territory, were all weird and dark and snarky, and out of nowhere came this idea that was everything those weren't. Surreal, downbeat, earnest, flowery even. It was the kind of writing I'd always wanted to produce, but never had and thought I never could. It was hard to refine the story, to really truly get into that rhythm sometimes and be so precise yet so vivid and dreamlike, but it was so damn worth it. And this was the beginning.

If you could pick any NBA player at any point in their career, and put them on a modern NBA team, who would it be and why would it be Prime Chris Bosh why?
I don't have the time to get into actual historical stuff, though my answer there might just be to put another star on a team like the Jazz or Suns just to see if they could topple MJ and give some all-timers (Stockton/Malone or Barkley) a ring and see how it would affect their legacy.

So instead I'll say Kawhi Leonard on the Raptors, having a switchable wing who can take over games as a primary scorer is exactly what we need to get over the top

Is it bad that I'd actually just say LBJ (prolly the LeBron of a couple years ago or so before load management and taking most of the regular season off became a legit thing) on the Raps would be sick? Just because the team is already so damn intelligent, and we saw how a guy like Marc Gasol can exponentially increase the team's IQ, ball movement, etc. and have cascading effects on the rest of the squad (shit, Serge Ibaka has stepped up his playmaking since Gasol arrived, tho part of that is also natural progression and/or Nick Nurse's input). So adding in LeBron to a team with K-Low and Gasol would be terrifying just in how you know the right play is going to be made each and every time. Oh yeah, and LeBron mentoring Siakam would be beautiful.

Then again, we'd get so so so many LeBronto jokes so idk after all lmao

What is your favourite type/dual type and why?
God, I have no idea tbh. Uhhhh, fave type is prolly just Dark bc I love so many of the mons in that type and they just seem to have some really good personality or designs. Dual type, I can't say that I really have a fave there these days. I really liked Ghost/Dark back in the day bc omg no weaknesses! so my shitty answer could be Electric/Levitate lmao. Eelektross is 😍

What has been your biggest inspiration/what have you learned from most when it come to writing?
fuck. uhhhhhh... honestly, biggest inspiration was probably the original group of friends I had on the nuzforums. That was kinda when I went from just being a fanfic writer to really getting serious about writing, and that was partially due to maturing and realizing I still wanna do it, and partially because of the group of writers that were all so much better than me and all just so friendly and encouraging and active. They wrote a diverse set of runs that ran the gamut from gritty to surreal, melodramatic to underplayed, and it all really opened my eyes to how great this format is, and how wonderful and talented this community is. Without that group of friends, I'd be nowhere near the writer I am today, and god knows where I'd be just in life tbh bc of the influence they've had on me and the relationships I've made.

What I've learned from most, btw, is two things: reading actual books and seeing how the pros do it, and honestly just past mistakes and missteps and just bad ideas. Both ends of the spectrum really, and on one end there's people who are not very much like me which allows me to look on objectively, and on the other end there's just a lot of personal lessons, or just knowing what I did and didn't enjoy.

Favorite and least favorite Pokémon of all time and why?
Favorite is Incineroar, he's my big goofy wrestler son and I just love him for having such personality. I played SuMo blind my first time through, so all I knew was that I was Team Litten all the way, and his final evolution took me completely off-guard. I stared for like 5 seconds, and then just fell in love with that big bastard. He didn't really become my favorite until A. I had to start defending him from haters and 2. I fully embraced being a furry piece of shit and thus allowed myself to get further furbaited by that cocky fuck. I just love him tbh.

Least fave is Magmar, he's bad and he's ugly as sin. That's it. That's the answer.

localhoney

~either i'm careless or i wanna get caught~
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Localhoney, the Sweet Toxin Pokemon. It's said that the sounds it emits can paralyze even a Gigantamax Grimmsnarl.
I kinda wanna hop in here. AMA!

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
What’s your favorite thing to do around the forums?

Garish Garchomp

Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
What's a musician or band that took you a few tries to get into, but now you love them?

Aureum

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
What piece of wisdom/advice do you stand by the most?

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What are your favorite and least favorite Pokémon and why?

Aurea

🎇Contributor
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Steel
What is something you're really looking forward to?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)