• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
Thread Description
Ask Me Anything, Xenforo Edition

Aurea

🎇Contributor
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Steel
What is your favorite generation of Pokemon, and what do you love most about it?

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Favorite video game outside of Pokémon?

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
What made you decide to make a nuz comic based on a rom hack?
When I decided to make a Nuz comic, I had already read amazing comics about every official game that existed at the time, and I thought I wouldn't be able to make something as good as those for any of the games, so what's the point? (I'm so impressed by the creativity of the people who still start the 100th amazing Emerald comic today, there are always new cool and unique spins that make me never tire of reading them! I still don't think I could have done it lol) By choosing a game that hadn't been done before, I could bring something new to the table that would be inherently interesting due to being the only one of its kind, so that took away a lot of the pressure of comparing myself to others.
I also liked the challenge of having to design all the places and most characters with nothing to go off of besides what they look like in the game, and today that's probably my favourite part of making the comic!
Is Vaporeon your favorite eeveelution?
No, it's Leafeon - the best pet and house plant combo on the world!
I didn't have a lot of art that is suitable for a big profile picture, so I just used the one that I already had for tumblr. I like the aesthetic of it together with the blue and green roles, so it's staying, despite the Vaporeon being a very minor character. ;D It's from this old picture.
What Pokémon would you want as a companion, and why?
Hmmm, for choosing the one perfect companion Pokémon, there are three things to consider:
1) Cool ability
2) Adorableness
3) My ability to take care of it
So I choose...... Alolan Raichu! It can use Teleport to take me anywhere I want (thanks for TM04, Let's Go Pikachu!), it's adorable and soft and fluffy, and it's small enough to comfortably live in my apartment. It also likes to go to the beach, like me! (*´▽`*)
What is your favorite generation of Pokemon, and what do you love most about it?
I stared into the abyss and the abyss stared back and told me to just admit that it's Gen 6. (XY only, ORAS is boring.) Kalos is beautiful, I absolutely love 90% of the Pokémon, I love the character customization, and even though the plot is not stellar, it made me feel something when I realized that Lysandre really died and Sycamore lost his friend! This has never happened to me before in a main series Pokémon game! D:
But the best part is how much you can customize your entire playing experience in this game. It's very easy at baseline, it has the absolute best variety of Pokémon, and you don't lose your mind when you have to grind up new Pokémon, so it's perfect for playing extremely difficult rulesets. I had SO much fun with my Crazy Dice Nuzlocke. Between the Nuzlocke runs, continuing the Living Dex that I had completed in B2W2 before, hunting a ton of Shinies, and breeding competitive Pokémon and succeeding in the Battle Mansion with them, XY is the set of main series games that I have logged the most hours in. I just enjoyed them that much.
Favorite video game outside of Pokémon?
BOTW! Everyone knows about the beautiful open world and how much there is to do, etc., but for me personally - I haven't played many other games besides Pokémon, so being able to solve almost all of the puzzles by myself and getting good at defeating the strongest enemies made me feel like a real gamer. :V

Thirteenth

Number XIV
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
The reason she guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that she wants them to hurry up and leave.
Think I'll hop in here again, AMA! ^^

Garish Garchomp

Friendly Neighborhood Landshark
Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
What piece of advice would you give to someone just starting to write/draw a nuzlocke?

Aureum

A world calling for justice shall be heard.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
Any theories/speculations about BoTW 2?

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's the story behind your username?

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
Most memorable Nuzlocke moment you experienced.

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
If you were in the Pokémon world, in which place would you want to live?

Thirteenth

Number XIV
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
The reason she guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that she wants them to hurry up and leave.
What piece of advice would you give to someone just starting to write/draw a nuzlocke?
Okay, this is a tricky question, but not as tricky to answer as I thought it would be, because the advice I'd give is something I've recently had to remind myself of. It's not specific to Nuzlockes, though, but:

Create it for yourself. Detach the process of creation from the act of publicly sharing it as much as possible.

I find that expectations of some public audience -- whether it's my expectations of that audience or that audience's expectations of me -- eventually sour me on whatever it is that I'm working on or just hamper my creativity. Whenever that happens and I need to recenter myself, what fixes it for me is going back to how I started writing and how I learned to write, which was writing for an audience of me.

Granted, I'm a pretty intrinsically motivated writer (and I think I'm a prolific writer because of that.) Some people create out of a desire to share their work with others, but I've always created for my own sake. Literally the reason I started writing as a kid was so I could record my stories for myself so I could re-experience them whenever I wanted. So for those who are much more externally motivated, my advice might ring hollow. But I still think it's worth trying whether your main motivations are internal or external.

Any theories/speculations about BoTW 2?
I was gonna say I have so many hopes for this game, but then I sat and thought for a bit and realized that I have one specific hope and the rest is a solidly founded expectation for the game to be fantastic.

So for actual speculation, and my one specific hope: playable Zelda, or at least Zelda having a major role in the story. We've probably all heard the "short hair is going to be easier to animate if she's on screen all the time" thing, so that's one thing in favor of playable Zelda. But I believe the developers had also said in an interview that they had wanted Zelda to be the protagonist of the first game or that they wanted her to have a much more prominent role, and there's so much potential for them to do that in the sequel. The trailer shows her and Link being separated though, so I'm scared she's gonna be damseled but. I have hope...

I've also seen enough theory videos to think/hope the sequel will shed some light on the mysterious Zonai tribe that we mostly see evidence of in Faron. I'd love to see more about that.

I've also wondered if they might pull something similar to A Link Between Worlds and A Link to the Past, where we'll be able to explore the normal Hyrule but also some sprawling land beneath it or on the other side of it, like BotW's own version of Lorule. They have to keep the open world aspect; it's what BotW is known for, and I can't imagine they'd abandon that in the sequel. But they can't put us in the same exact Hyrule as the first game. So giving us a sort of mirror world to explore could be a solution to that.

What's the story behind your username?
Thirteenth came from TheThirteenthHour (people just called me Thirteenth so eventually I shortened it to that), and TheThirteenthHour probably came from some Kingdom Hearts shit lol I made the name at the end of 2011 so I don't remember too well, but I'm pretty sure I came up with it while looking into something about the KH character Roxas (who was and still is my favorite). 13 is a very prominent number in KH and Roxas has an attack called Magic Hour, so I probably combined the two. Also 1984 opens with a line about clocks striking thirteen, and I feel like I learned that around the same time.

Most memorable Nuzlocke moment you experienced.
Most memorable, despite not remembering the details of it lol, was fighting Lance in a flying monolocke of Heartgold. Literally the most intense moment of a Nuzlocke I've ever had. I don't remember if I went into that fight with a full team, but I know I came out of it with only three Pokemon and my heart literally pounding. (My notes say I did go in with a full team, oof.)

Honorable mentions go to a really old Emerald run -- where I lost my Combusken to one of Norman's gym trainers and my Gardevoir Adele went on to fill the role of starter and become MVP of the whole run. I had her set up against Wallace by putting his Wailord to sleep, Calm Minding a bunch (I think a whole 6 times?), and then sweeping with Thunderbolt.

And to my run for Agency -- where (big spoilers) the first death of the run was not only my Blastoise but also happened against Sabrina, who's my protag's sister in the story. So while I was upset, I was also consoled by the facts that 1) it was an unavoidable death (critical hit when my Blastoise was at full health and he had the most special defense and HP of my whole team), and 2) it was a death tailor made for that story.

If you were in the Pokémon world, in which place would you want to live?
Goldenrod City was the first place to come to mind. Probably because Johto's my favorite region (I'm a gen 2 baby), and also I'm a city girl. Nimbasa would also be cool just for the roller coasters. Heahea and Hau'oli are also options because they're cities on the beach.

It's a choice between the big city (which I'll narrow down to Nimbasa 'cause I love roller coasters) or beaches (and presumably hurricanes and salt corrosion, but also I could probably have a mango tree in my backyard and I love mangoes so). I live in a big city, so Nimbasa wouldn't really be an adjustment unlike the other two... But I'd probably be happier living by the beach tbh. So I'll say Heahea. It has a proper beach, where Hau'oli just kinda has a strip of sand.

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
Hey-lo, everyone! AMA. Don't worry, I don't bite~ :P ;)

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
What do you like the most about Nuzlockes?

Thirteenth

Number XIV
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
What story of yours do you daydream about the most?

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
What’s your favorite thing you’ve written?

Aureum

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
If you were given a chance to design one Pokémon, what would be its name/typing/ability/etc?

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
What do you like the most about Nuzlockes?
What do I like the most? Bonding with my Pokemon~ I've had numerous Nuzlockes, and all of the Pokemon personalities are memorable - so memorable, in fact, that I keep them alive in original stories, even when I've cut my stories down from many to only the GOTlocke I have going on. All because I've grown to care about them~

What story of yours do you daydream about the most?
Oh, a tricky question, I see~ Hmm...that is difficult, but the story I've daydreamed about, the one I've paced in my wheelchair the most while thinking about it...that would have to be an original story called "Warrior/Sage/Cleric.net". It's a deconstruction of the typical DnD-like stories and - especially - a deconstruction of the typical hero, as in the original hero becomes a demonic villain and curses the rest of his party. The new hero is from our world in 1989 - a gay teenager who is beaten to death and wakes up in the DnD world. It gets really fun from there.

What is the cutest grass type and why is it cacturne
Cacturne is definitely a cutie (and one of them helped me in a mono-sandstorm non-Nuzlocke run; she killed all of Wallace's Pokemon after his Milotic slew the rest of my party - and I had run out of revives at Drake.) But it's not the cutest. Gourgeist and Trevenant are also cute ghost/grass types that are creative, but they aren't the cutest. Torterra, Serperior, Sceptile, Decidueye, Chesnaught, Rillaboom, and Venusaur are also cute starters...but not the cutest.

No, the cutest grass type, in my honest opinion is Meganium, starting from my first Gold run at age ten. He was the first Pokemon I ever leveled up to 100, and he soloed Red before I even had a clue about having a balanced team. I was so sad when I found out that I couldn't transfer him to Ruby/Sapphire. But yes, Meganium is the cutest grass type, and the cutest starter overall.

What’s your favorite thing you’ve written?
Favorite thing I've written? Another tough question, I see. Hmm...my favorite thing written is another tricky one. If we're talking the most fun thing I've written, it might be Ziz Hunting: a detective/CIA murder-mystery with super-powered beings. I tend to write a lot of stuff with super-powered beings, but this one is my favorite because of the sheer personality the characters - yes, even the serial killer - have that makes them so fun to write.

If you were given a chance to design one Pokémon, what would be its name/typing/ability/etc?
Ah, a Pokemon. I've got an idea in mind. It's another carnivorous plant, but based on the sundew. I'll call it "Sunvine", a sundew-like flower that moves by walking on two vines for legs. I'd make it grass/fire, Ability is either sticky hold or flame body (with the hidden ability being magic guard).

Thank you so much, folks, for asking me questions. I'm honored and grateful to be asked them.

Aureum

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
Well, it’s been another 5 rounds, so once again I’ll step up to the plate, AMA!

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Why do you always ban me?????

Garish Garchomp

Friendly Neighborhood Landshark
Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
Please explain to those not educated in the ways of the bara cat why Incineroar is the best. 😻

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)