• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
Thread Description
Ask Me Anything, Xenforo Edition

Aureum

A world calling for justice shall be heard.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
If you could have any one Pokémon in real life, which one would you have and why?
Sylveon, I always wanted one as a pet! It’s adorable, affectionate, and acts as a therapy pet.

I would choose Litten or any of its evolutions, but unfortunately fire is more deadly irl compared to Pokémon...

Your favorite game to nuzlocke?
Y’all keep making the mistake I’m actually a good nuzlocker here. I only nuzlocked 4 games (3 I never completed, 1 I recently started).
Out of the 4 of them, I’m pretty hyped for the Shield nuzlocke, but I guess my favourite so far was Crystal.

When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I actually had multiple careers I wanted to be! I used to be indecisive, then I wanted to be a college professor, then an Astrophysicist! Currently I’m still indecisive, and I’m finishing Grade 10...

...Frick.

Favorite food to cook/bake?
That’s a hard one... Out of all the ones I actually cooked/baked, probably my attempt at Lemon Meringue Pie. It turned out more like a pudding, but it was to die for! Also, I have a big sweet tooth, especially for pies and ESPECIALLY for lemon meringue, so I may be a bit biased there.

What is something you've learned recently that has completely changed the way you think or live?
I guess it would have to be the fact that I have depression. After years of joking about it, talking to my dad and confirming with my therapist, I’m straight up depressed. And while I haven’t told anybody yet, I have a hunch I had it since I was in elementary school. It explains a bunch of my behaviour and emotions, but at the same it’s hard to shallow...

Considering this is a more recent development, there hasn’t exactly been too much changes, but it has started to affect my thinking and life. It’s hard accepting, but at the same time it makes me feel... pathetic, I guess? Worthless? Disgusting? And it makes everything causes by my depression to feel worse.

Currently, there are plans. I’m possibly gonna see a psychiatrist. Family wants me to spend more time with them as well. We’ll see how it goes...

Sorry that this answer is more serious and sad than what I usually do, but I felt honestly would be the best choice here.

Aurea

🎇Contributor
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Steel
Hey there! 👋 I'm avoiding work. AMA!

Rhema

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
She tries her best, but doesn't succeed. She gets what she wants but not what she needs.
@Aurea why do I miss you so much? 😭

Seriously though, what's your favorite dessert?

Nenety

Comedy mold
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Why are you avoiding work?

Yeah, probably way too late to make that joke? Anyway...

What inspired you to start writing?

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
Who´s your favorite and least favorite Pokémon?

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's the best advice you've ever received as a writer/what advice would you give to fellow writers?

Aureum

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
Any recommendations for runs to read?

RR Sharp

Fatlocker
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
A Sumo of Legend, and friend to all Pokemon who just happens to be fat.
What is your favorite movie and/or TV show to watch?

Aurea

🎇Contributor
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Steel
@Aurea why do I miss you so much? 😭

Seriously though, what's your favorite dessert?
Probably because I'm awful and work has completely taken over my life! 🙈 But I miss you, too! As for favorite dessert... I'm a basic bitch so, honestly, I'd take my mom's homemade fudge brownies over just about anything. Bonus points if there's homemade vanilla ice cream to eat with it! 😋

Why are you avoiding work?

Yeah, probably way too late to make that joke? Anyway...

What inspired you to start writing?
😅 I mean, that's a fair question! I was avoiding work because I was in a 1.5 hour video meeting where I only needed to speak for about 10-15 minutes, and I should have probably been using that time to chip away at my inbox or work on my upcoming presentation, but... NF is more fun. xD

I'm not really sure, to be honest? I've always been a natural storyteller. I loved relaying stories to people, even as a kid, and I was always thinking up stories about things I liked and imagining them. When I was 9, I bought a notebook and wrote my first 'story' (it was obviously terrible, but I still have the book ;w; ). When my parents started letting me use the computer, I was constantly writing stories about Pokemon, animals, anything I could think of. When I finally discovered fanfiction was a thing, I was blown away at the amount of content at my fingertips. I'd read through all the books in my school's library, and being able to read about Pokemon? That felt too good to be true. I was content to read for a while, but then I got my own ideas, and it just... sorta went from there.

tl;dr - I've always had ideas and loved storytelling, which was fueled by being an avid reader, but I could never find the exact sort of story I wanted to read. At some point I realized, if I had a story I wanted to see and share with others, I should just write it myself! ^^
Who´s your favorite and least favorite Pokémon?
Y'know, as much as I love Leafeon (and always will)... I think Salandit has claimed my top spot. At the very least, it's a tie. They grew on me a lot, and they way they move around and interact with you? They're like little sassy lizard-cats, and I love them. I have a lot of favorites though, and this is nearly impossible for me to nail down lol. Gliscor gets an honorable mention, they're another long standing fave.

As far as least favorite Pokemon... also tough, because even Pokemon that I find ugly/repulsive usually have some redeeming quality? Something that's made me like them over the course of my many nuzlockes? But I really don't care for Purrloin and Liepard, especially when I discovered that the former runs around bipedal??? no thank you. And, honestly, I'm sure Crabominable is... fine, and all, but I can't get past that horrendous design. It's on par with Trubbish/Garbodor for me, but at least you like. Expect a literal bag of trash to be ugly? xD
What's the best advice you've ever received as a writer/what advice would you give to fellow writers?
Best advice I've ever received is to make time for reading. You can't be a great storyteller until you know what stories have been told, in my opinion. I've learned so much from reading others' works (both published and fanfiction), and I honestly never find myself more inspired to write than when I've just finished reading something incredible. It's the same advice I'd give other writers, too, just because it has held so true for me. If you're stuck, read until you get inspired. If you feel like you suck at writing characters, ask for recommendations of stories where characters flourish. You can pick up so much from your peers! ^^
Any recommendations for runs to read?
Shit, I have SO many recommendations. So so many. I regrettably don't have like, a full compilation of recommendations to post because I usually make recommendations based on what people are looking for (so if you're looking for something in particular, my inbox is open!), so I'll just share a few of my long-time favorites that are complete and ready to be devoured!
In the Sun's Embrace and Agency, by @Thirteenth - one is melancholy and beautifully written, the other is a fascinating character study and a phenomenal use of 2nd person POV
Contagious by @Garish Garchomp - An incredibly unique take on Rocket's occupation in Johto, and some incredibly memorable MCs
Gracidea, by @glancesherlock - short, sweet, poignant, and as an added bonus, The Writer's Locke podcast has been reading it, so it's available in audio format!
The Heir, Apparently, by @Missy - excellent Alola run with standout main characters and an excellent take on Ultra Beasts. it's heartfelt and action-packed!
Lost in the Stream, by @AstroDeath - Another fantastic Rocket run, with endearing characters and tons of action

Some other runs that I'm currently reading and enjoying: Looking Backward; On the Run; Ghost in the Machine; Don't Fear the Reaper; Pokemon Sun Storylocke (formerly Trainer-Watching); Three's a Crown; Call of the Divines; As Above, So Below; That Time I was Reincarnated as a Pokemon Protagonist; That Time I Proved Myself; Peakbound; After Armageddon; and Behold! A Pale Horse. There are others I am probably missing, and far too many storylockes still on my to-read list, but I'd recommend checking out any of these! ^^
What is your favorite movie and/or TV show to watch?
Honestly? Parks & Recreation is probably my favorite. I've seen it so many times but I love the sense of humor, the characters, and it's my go-to show if I'm feeling down or just restless. It's soothing to me! Honorable mentions include Schitt's Creek, The Good Place, and ofc Avatar: The Last Airbender.

QuietGuardian

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
I'll get in on this, too; go ahead and AMA.

Thirteenth

Number XIV
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
The reason she guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that she wants them to hurry up and leave.
If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, which would it be?

Aureum

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
What’s the best game you played this year?

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
Favorite bug type pokemon?

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
What's your favourite piece of clothing that you own?

QuietGuardian

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, which would it be?
Interesting question…if I had to pick, I'd probably say It's a Wonderful Life, partially because it's a great movie that I love and partially because I wouldn't miss out on our family tradition to watch it around Christmas every year.

What’s the best game you played this year?
I actually don't play a ton of different video games—I'm more of a depth over breadth kind of guy when it comes to them—but I did play Spider-Man on the PS4 for the first time this year and I loved it. The story is compelling (albeit maybe a bit less so at the end), but more importantly, the gameplay is fantastic. There are so many different types: you've got combat, stealth, puzzle solving, etc., and I love being able to explore Manhattan and find all sorts of things to do.

Favorite bug type pokemon?
Oh, that's easy: Scizor. The design is awesome, it has solid stats, and Bug/Steel is actually a good typing, with only one weakness.

What's your favourite piece of clothing that you own?
Hm…comfort-wise, I have a couple of shirts that feel really nice, but design-wise, I would say my t-shirt that says "What part of [this equation] don't you understand?" (I'm a math nerd.) Unfortunately, the shirt has gotten ratty, so it's recently been demoted to a nightshirt.

Which of your posted runs is your favorite?
Boy, that's another tough one! Do I have to pick one? Well…I might have to say The Black Hole of Grief and Silliness. It really evolved from something that was just fun to something that was both fun and meaningful, and I had a great time writing its story and characters.

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
Hi I’m Kris, AMA!

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
What made you decide to make a nuz comic based on a rom hack?

Thirteenth

Number XIV
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
The reason she guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that she wants them to hurry up and leave.
Is Vaporeon your favorite eeveelution?

Aureum

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
What Pokémon would you want as a companion, and why?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)