• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Unova Teen After The Ashes: A White 2 Nuzlocke

TinyCurlyFry

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her, but they/them is also fine
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Killjoy : Nothing good ever comes from UTI. Also, I swear the abbreviation wasn't intentional, but I definitely wasn't going to change it after realizing what the abbreviation would be. Out of embarassment im sure the school calls itself Unova Tech, but the burned out, stressed students definitely call it UTI

TinyCurlyFry

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
dhgjfsdlk I was too busy being annoyed by my tablet not working that I forgot to post the old pages. DANG IT
...Anyways....
Part 1 Start~

Chapter 1, Page 1:

TinyCurlyFry

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
One of these days I'll actually remember the schedule I set for myself rip

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
The only disappointing thing about this comic is that you lobbed off Colress's magnificent hair swooshy. That little wing by his ear just doesn't have the same gravitas. Hopefully the 2 year jump let it grow out some. This slow trickle is reminding me of so many details I'd been hazy on, like Tori's utter deerling-in-the-headlights reaction on hearing about a starter mon for her, alongside the previous reminder of why that is so ! for her.

TinyCurlyFry

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
@Kadew : I don't know what to tell you except it had to be cut off. It was the source of his villainy in the game and had to go. Mr.Internet Explorer has his evil powers stripped for this comic. What if after the two year skip instead of the swooshy growing out, he actually grows a beard?

You know? This is one of the very few early chapter 1 pages that I still like??? It holds up pretty well~

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
It's always satisfying to have those old arts you can look back on and say "yeah, I did pretty good, way to go past me".

Also, with this page I only just now finally figured out where Tori comes from as a name. Short for vicTORIa. I'm, so smart. Wow.

TinyCurlyFry

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
@Kadew : Tbh sometimes I forget Tori is actually just the shortened version of her 'name' too lmao. Sometimes going over previous pages or the script I'll see Victoria and it's just so odd to see the full length name. She's definitely implanted in my head as 'Tori' far more than she's "Victoria".

sunrii

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ground
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is gentle-natured and foul-mouthed. Also, it smells faintly of peaches.
This is my first time reading this run, and I'm hooked already! Your art is lovely, I like what you did with Serperior's design, and the plot seems really interesting! It is very sad though, and you've written that really, really well! I'm excited to see more!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This is still an absolutely perfect and flawless page. "That's not normally the face someone makes at brownies." Amazing.

TinyCurlyFry

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
Replies:
@Kadew - gjkfdjg thank you!

Sorry I missed updating last week, I was getting settled for moving into school~ But, back to our normal update schedule!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
It's Hugh! I love how soft and fluffy you've made him both in hair and personality. A good brother to a rascal little sister.

TinyCurlyFry

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
Sorry I got out of habit catching the forums up on pages, school work has been claiming most of my attention lately. I am gonna try to get back to Monday and Friday updates!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
i never really payed attention to that last panel background on the second page there but, wow. that's gotta be a flashback to tori's journey, and cheren... hugging her? comforting her? whimsicott murder by something horrible? Gosh, Tori. I'd give her a hug, too.

TinyCurlyFry

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
Hey guys! sorry for forgetting to update the pages here, it's end of the semester hell for me rn so it absolutely slipped my mind in the middle of working on everything. But in any case! Next two pages!

Kadew- Tori really does need a hug!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Tori's angry glare at that old pink bag, I never caught that in reading through before. Going through it again so slow is really interesting!

TinyCurlyFry

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
Kadew- Yeah! It's really interesting that the first time around it seemed like most people saw Tori's expression as being determined, but it's absolutely bitterness! I guess it's one of those instances where knowing the full context changes a lot!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
The cough at Bianca, and crying, and the zoom in on the snivy. How did I miss all this sadbitter context before!

TinyCurlyFry

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
Kadew- Oh yeah, Tori definitely has... a lot of feelings when it comes to the snivy line. Actually, a lot of feelings in general haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 1)

(1 invisible.)