• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Unova Teen After The Ashes: A White 2 Nuzlocke

TinyCurlyFry

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her, but they/them is also fine
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
AFTER THE ASHES: A WHITE 2 NUZLOCKE COMIC
ATA Cover2.png
Summary:
Two years ago Team Plasma made an attack on the Champion's Dome, changing an anniversary celebration into an event of terror for Unova. They seemingly disappeared from the region after that night, but now it seems they're back. Their plans are unknown, but they mean to plunge the region into war.

Rules:

Table of Contents:
Prologue
Chapter 1

Author's Note:
I will be updating the run with biweekly updates, Mondays and Fridays, until we catch up with updates on Deviantart, and then it'll be down to updates on Monday only. If you'd like to read all of the current comic, feel free to read it HERE

Attachments

Last edited:

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
It's here! And with a shiny new cover, man your painting ability is so good. So you'll be posting from page one all the way up to current? That's one way to get a buffer going, and gives me an excuse to experience this good good stuff all over from the beginning! To begin with, this first of all pages, I love the details you've added to serperior, those viney tendrils up the neck and under the eye are so good to look at, very regal and adds a texture and depth. I wanna touch 'em.

Emilianite

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
The new cover is beautiful, i really love the simple color palette with the intense reds. It's powerful, and in general really sets the tone for your comic, its def easy to recognize as your work~

Jimcloud

Administrator
Administrator
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Pronouns
they/he/she
AAA omg i'm so glad you ported this over, the new cover is looking stellar, like i said i like how it looks like fire and ashes rn, it's so evocative. And using big text for the OP looks nice, it's a nice choice imo. Lookin' good boo.

TinyCurlyFry

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
REPLIES:
@Kadew : Thank you! And yeah! A lot of the older pages were from my older computer so it also gives me a reason to put all the pages into one folder on this computer!
@Emilianite : Thanks! I definitely like it better as a fit to the rest of the comic than the first one too~
@Jimcloud : Gotta fake how organized I am with header-looking text lmao.

Elfin Song

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
she/her or he/him
I think I remember commenting on this run but then falling off the train because of shenanigans, so I'm glad to see it back! Because oh my god, the art style alone is worth it. I legit gasped at the cover because of how beautiful it is and how much expression you can see in each face (yes, even the pokémon's, even though I can't quite tell what it is right now). And the bright, vibrant colors of the prologue thus far, combined with those character designs? It's all just gorgeous. (Touko is just gorgeous.)

Really looking forward to keeping up this time! :D

TinyCurlyFry

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
@Minty Electronica : sklfdjgslk HECK?!!? Thank you?! I'm glad you think my daughter is beautiful, I do too ;;; And yeah, I tend to alter pokemon appearances in addition to drawing them in my style so some of them may stray from canon designs. These first few pages has Lukan, Touko's Serperior~

TinyCurlyFry

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
GJFKDSH I COMPLETELY FORGOT TO UPDATE LAST FRIDAY >>
I've been so swamped with school paperwork and payments. Absolutely feel free to message me and kick my digital butt if it looks like I'm missing posting the next of these older pages, chances are I just forgot and need the reminder.

NyanCheetos

self-proclaimed queen of the sea slugs
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
if the cheddar ain't sharp, i don't want it.
Oooooh, I like this a lot!! Mystery dude with sus dialogue that pulls his hat down over his eyes for a shadowy effect....he must be up to no good!!!
Also, a very handsome serperior. I am a fan :)

TinyCurlyFry

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
sklfdj I forgot to post on Friday again >>
I swear I'll get better at remembering my updating schedule for these older pages. Here's another 2 page update to make up for it~

Replies:
@NyanCheetos : Suspicious stranger is pulling all the stops with the cliche suspicious gestures~ And thank you! Drawing this design for Superior was a lot of fun.

NyanCheetos

Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
ALDER'S FACE OMG
that is a man who has seen too much and the night has only begun
I knew shady man was up to no good!

TinyCurlyFry

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
Replies~
@NyanCheetos : Never trust someone who adjusts their hat in a menacing way. They're always up to no good!

NyanCheetos

Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
is that ZEKROMS BLUE ELECTRICITY I SEE????
btw, wonderful job on the fire and lightning, they look amazing!

TinyCurlyFry

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
Apologies for no updates last week, even though this is just me posting old pages. Last week was crazy busy for me >>
I'm keeping this on-track as much as I can though, so you guys just get three pages today~

Replies:
@NyanCheetos : That is Zekrom's blue electricity, yes! And thank you so much! Even looking back at these older pages, I definitely think some of these pages with the lighting in the night scene still hold up the best~ They were super fun to draw too.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Man I'd forgotten what a bomb start this comic had. You're right that the lighting on these nighttime pages is delicious.

NyanCheetos

Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
Ooof woah oh no
Ghetsis you evil evil zoodle-haired man...but I'm glad to see you implementing the Shadow Triad, I always thought they were super cool!
And that line; "the hero is dead"
OOF
NAILED IT
Wonderful page!

TinyCurlyFry

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
Replies:
@Kadew : Yeah it really began with a bang, didn't it? Maybe I should bring back some of the fire this run had at its start.
@NyanCheetos : flkjgskf 'ZOODLE-HAIRED MAN' God He really is. The Shadow Triad ARE super cool, there was no way they weren't going to have a role to play throughout this run~ And thanks!

Hey! And we've reached the end of the prologue!! Next update on Monday I'll put up both Part 1's cover as well as the first page to Chapter 1~

NyanCheetos

Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
Ah yes, Unova Tech Institute, or as the rival schools call it, UTI
what i wouldn't give to have a student record that looked that accomplished

TinyCurlyFry

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice

Killjoy

Oops! All Unova!
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
the ride never ends, and crying is not an emergency
I'm about to be serious, but I needed to google what "UTI" was, out of pure curiosity, and. I can't lie, I chuckled. So hard my stomach hurt. Good lord, how unfortunate.
I'm glad Colress graduated from UTI, it must been a real pain.

Okay okay, but like 1000% more seriously, I love your artstyle. The backgrounds! The expressions! That damn Serperior!! Starting a comic with that bomb is just incredible. Keep going, it's amazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)