• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Advice Accept Ivysaur Death or Not?

Radiatio

Derp
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
So I'm currently doing a nuzlocke of Pokémon Sacred Gold on my computer, and last night I grinned up my Ivysaur to evolve it into Venusaur. But I forgot to save... I tried to grind again on the rocket grunt in the Kimono girl-dance place in Ecruteak City, but my Ivysaur was one-shot by a critical self destruct from a Koffing. Is there any leniency I can use to keep my Ivysaur cause they were valuable to me and my team and I lost a lot of time, or should I just accept the death and carry on?

Season

Formally known as White Chaos.
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2020
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him/his
Pokémon Type
Grass, Poison
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is the Unovan regional form of the Pokémon White Chaos, shrugging the Dark/Psychic typing in favor of a Grass/Poison persona.
I've always viewed saving as making the session "canon", so unfortunately, if you wake up the next day and realize you didn't save, all that progress was probably just "a dream" and thus has to be redone from scratch. The Ivysaur was put under new risks since you forgot to save and thus were exposed to the elements and unfortunately, died to a crit. It was a situation that could've happened in the original, assuming that you grinded in the same spot as the Save File 2, and it didn't happen due to no-crit-luck.

If it were me, I'd consider the Ivysaur as dead. Ultimately your call though.

11wildy

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2020
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
It's your call but I feel you should've decided before restarting that bit that either you'd accept this new reality OR, not care what happens and do exactly what happened up to where you were

Emperor ServingSpoon

The original AND the 16th!
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Adept at procrastination. If he ever seems productive, it's likely because he's ignoring something far more important.
I'd personally go with the "you got there the first time without dying, so anything to return to that point doesn't matter" interpretation (though I've never actually forgotten to save after something like that, so I've never actually done anything like this). So that would protect you through any grinding to return to where you'd gotten to and would protect you through any progression of the storyline that you had already made (and lock you to the closest encounter to any you caught the first time around, should any of those be lost), but if you enter any fight that you didn't already beat, then any deaths during it would count.

I've not played Sacred Gold, so I'm not sure whether that was a grinding battle or a story progress battle, and I'm not sure if you had already beaten them the previous day or not if it was the latter. But regardless of what you decided on this matter, the real take away here should be: "Don't grind on Pokemon that have Self Destruct."
...And also save more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)