• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

A survey on the difficulty of Pokemon games to Nuzlocke

Lemurro

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Rock
So, I thought it would be fun to see which Pokemon regions people thought were the hardest to nuzlocket overall. However, in the interest of full accuracy, I wanted to see what people’s lists of regions are like, so I decided not to use a standard poll. So, I’d like everyone to comment their list of regions from easiest to hardest. In a few days I will post a list of the games from hardest to easiest based on this data.

1. Unova
  2. Sinnoh
  3. Alola
  4. Hoenn
  5. Johto
  6. Kanto
  7. Galar
  8. Kalos

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
Interesting thread idea! I'm always curious about people's opinions on how difficult each region is to nuzlocke.
(hardest to easiest)
1. Sinnoh
2. Johto
3. Unova
4. Kanto
5. Hoenn
6. Galar
7. Alola
8. Kalos

Dschubba

Has forgotten she's a diurnal creature.
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
Hmm, so upon mulling on this a bit, I gotta say

1. Kalos (Ultra softball hours. Except for every Furfrou. End Furfrous. Forever)
2. Galar (Was, unfortunately a walk in the park, now I'm casually mono-darking Sword for a crumb of challenge)
3. Kanto (Nothing really stood out as uber-rough)
4. Johto (The level curve is pretty flat, but it has some rough spots like the meme cow)
5. Hoenn (I remember Wattson and Norman being pretty tough)
6. Sinnoh (Been a WHILE since I played any of these so grain of salt here)
7. Alola (ESPECIALLY USUM's Akala totems making me sweat bullets)
8. Unova (BW/BW2 take your pick, either are spicy if you're keeping your levels close to the NPCs)

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker and Nuzlocke Completionist
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
The problem is some games in the same region can be vastly harder than others (RSE to ORAS and Platinum to DP as an example) so my rule will be "rank according to the average difficulty of all games that came out for this region, giving a bit more emphasis to the hardest game".

1. Kalos
2. Galar
3. Kanto
4. Hoenn
5. Johto
6. Sinnoh
7. Unova
8. Alola

Nebbles

i cannot be contained
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon discusses Fire Emblem at great lengths, and writes about it as well. She is always open to talk about it with others, and is friendly.
I haven't played sword/shield at all, so I'll leave it out of my rankings, but....

1. Kalos
2. Kanto
3. Johto
4. Hoenn (especially in Emerald, with that Death Claydol)
5. Alola
6. Sinnoh
7. Unova (I have an unfinished White 2 nuzlocke... it's kicking my ass, man.)

sunburstblue

blue stars burn brighter
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Well, her Pokédex No. is #274, which is Nuzleaf. Could anything be more hilariously fitting for this forum?
I second RubyClaw about the disparity between different games/remakes in the same region. Judging based on the hardest game in each region, here's my list:

1. Alola (USUM is just.... AWFUL)
2. Unova (B2W2 consistently hands my a** to me on a platter. Rotation/Triple Battles are a nightmare.)
3. Sinnoh (These games are just HARD in general.)
4. Hoenn (The GBA games kind of blur together in difficulty so FRLG Kanto could easily take this spot, but I've played FRLG so many times that it's easier just from experience.)
5. Kanto (Same as above.)
6. Johto (Whitney is a coin toss on whether you get screwed, but overall it's not super challenging.)
7. Kalos (As long as you avoid Sky Battles you'll do pretty well.)
8. Galar (The Wild Area is the only place things can possibly go wrong. None of the trainers are challenging, even if you stay level with them.)

Lemurro

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Rock
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So here's the list from easiest to hardest.

1. Kalos-Average Score: 1.42
  2. Galar- Average Score: 2.71
  3. Kanto- Average Score: 3.15
  4. Johto- Average Score: 4.05
  5. Hoenn- Average Score: 5.24
  6. Alola- Average Score: 5.40
  7. Sinnoh- Average Score: 6.21
  8. Unova- Average Score: 7.13

For more data go here.

If anyone wants to participate now I'm still willing to input data into my spreadsheet, and if I get enough new responses I may make a new post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)