• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Unova Mature Hack Mon A Single Spark: A Modded Volt White Ashlocke

Thread Description
What happens when Gen 5's themes and Concepts are taken to it's most logical extremes by an insane nihilistic Persona fanboy

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal

To summarize, this is a Comic based on an alternate starter Nuzlocke run for a Rom Hack I found one day while looking to see if there was anyone who had made one that had Fairy types added to the game, and for some reason this wound up being the first result for me at the time (This was before I started doing Nuzlocke runs). The hack didn't have the added fairy types, but it allowed you to catch all Pokemon in the series, and that sounded like a good enough consolation for me to download it... and promptly forget about it for a year since I got Pokemon Sun some time before that. After remembering I had the rom recently and reading a bit of the documentation included, I found that the game was also somehow made even harder than usual due to the changes made along with the added Pokemon, so I decided "Hey, my self-esteem is low enough, why don't I nuzlocke this?", so I did, but not before making one more change...

You see, what got me to remember that I downloaded the rom was me fiddling around with the Pokemon Randomizer and wanting to do so with Pokemon White. I also found that the program also allowed you to change the starters of both you and your rivals manually without randomizing anything else; and when that fact dawned on me, my idea for an Ashlocke challenge came into fruition, and the rest is history.

Current Party: Sparky
Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Pages 4&5 | Pages 6&7

Current Party: Sparky | Pups
Pages 1-3 | Pages 4-6 | Page 7&8

Extra Comics
Family | Stick

Current Party: Sparky | Pups
Page 1

References/Bios:
Team Hilda:
Hilda | Sparky | Pups

Team Cheren:
Cheren | Rio

Team Bianca:
Bianca | Fluffy

Desktop Wallpapers:
Characters:
Sparky |
Monster Boy/Girl Teammates:
Sparky | Pups
Inverse Gijinkas:
Hilda |

Fanart:
Fluffy: AD-SD-Chibigirl (Colored by me)

Last edited:

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Also want to point out that reposting this topic was a lot more of a hassle than it should have been since I lost my password to the old forms and Tapas' password recovery is a joke

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
I finally got this Chapter finished, it took way too long but it's done at the very least

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
Another Variant cover, but there's a bit of a story behind this one:

My Multimedia Class had an assignment where we had to design a Swiss-Styled Poster, so I decided to base mine on my main Nuzlocke Comic since I had it put on hiatus at the time

I'll edit this post to let you know what grade I got for it for those interested

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
So still trying to get out of my Art Funk, I decided to draw out a reference for Hilda's Mother

She'll have an important arc later down the line

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
Finally, a real update!

Plain Yogurt

Happy Dairy Product
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Pokédex Entry
An ordinary dairy product. Dislikes conflict, and does whatever he can to bring happiness to others.
Hello there! I'm intrigued by what you've put out so far here. I dig how you integrated the altered starter 'mons into the story and I'm really interested to see where your characters go, especially after looking at their bios. I look forward to more!

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
Hello there! I'm intrigued by what you've put out so far here. I dig how you integrated the altered starter 'mons into the story and I'm really interested to see where your characters go, especially after looking at their bios. I look forward to more!
Thanks, I took a lot of creative liberties with the setting seeing I was playing a romhack with altered starters

and by "Creative Liberties" I mean "Writing around what shit I'm throwing at the walls just to see what sticks"

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
So Smackjeeves went down the tubes, so I had to move the comic to ComicFury

I also took this opportunity to rebrand the comic since I wanted to do that for a while but never had the chance to do so

Should be drawing an update soon though

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
Back from the dead just to probably die later

Here we introduce a character I've been wanting to for a while now

He won't be in the main comic for another couple comics, but I figured I'd give a bit of context for a future plot point

Last edited:

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
I don't know much about Persona, but I'm interested to see how the alternate forms of all these characters are used!

Knowing what I do about the anime and games, it looks like the MIA friends are Iris and Alain. I wonder how that will affect the plot.

Well, an exploitative financial system is never a good thing, but at least we got a traveling team out of it!

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
I don't know much about Persona, but I'm interested to see how the alternate forms of all these characters are used!

Knowing what I do about the anime and games, it looks like the MIA friends are Iris and Alain. I wonder how that will affect the plot.

Well, an exploitative financial system is never a good thing, but at least we got a traveling team out of it!
Thanks, fortunately you don't need to play Persona to get any of it (though if you ever do get an interest in the series, play the 4th first to get the feel of it)

I'll say right now that the Canon of the anime is... complicated, but you'll see how the plot is affected by this

Real Life has taught us that fact time and time again, though no one ever learns this, sadly

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
Last edited:

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
Finally I can comment here without causing suspicion in the Christmas in July thing. :P

Volt White with a Pikachu who can't evolve?? That's a mad lad right here! Maybe... maybe if you were careful and skilled enough to pull that off, this won't be a huge bloodbath in general? ;v; In any case, I look forward to a lot of cool catches!

Story wise, I'm really enjoying the mostly silly tone, and the end of the first chapter where Bianca and Cheren cry as they hold their first Pokémon caught me off guard and punched me in the heart! Very good stuff! :'D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)