Hey and Howdy, Nuzforums! Welcome one and all to our first Extravaganza on the new forums! We're doing things a little differently this year, and we hope you enjoy it. Have fun, and Happy Nuz Year!
From January 1st until January 14th the Extravaganza is officially underway! We may finally reflect this year in full for runs updated any time in the year of 2019. Which runs were your favorite? How far did you get this year in your own runs?
We kick off the Nuzyear with a promotional period to celebrate what we've done this year (and find some new reads). There are just a few rules to keep in mind when you post:
- Yes, you can promo yourself! And if you promo someone else you'll get an exclusive 2019 trophy. ;)
- Do your best to spread the love! If you see one run is getting a lot of promos, share your spotlight with someone else as well. And if you can't think of anyone else, that's okay! You can still share that run you love; the author will love it, too!
- There is a size limit on each promotion:
- Your promo may only be 1000 characters, not including any snippets. Please only choose one kind of snippet! (Not including freebies. Freebies are freebies.)
- Limits for snippets include:
- No more than 250 written words
- No more than 1500 tall pixels of comic, alltogether. Please have your images no wider than 800 pixels. (You can use the built in editor to resize your images as needed.)
- No more than 4 screenshots with 10 linebreaks, alltogether. (But no more than 250 words)
- No more than 30 seconds of video
- A banner within the signature guidelines is a freebie!
- Any amount of fanwork you've done for a run is a freebie! (just spoiler it if you have a lot)
- You are limited to 3 promotions in your post, however...
- Promote as much as you like on Twitter! Tag your promo as #HappyNuzYear and we'll spread it around for you! (Threads are A-Okay, and please tag it #Nuzlocke if you have some room. ;3c )
- Let people know you promo'd them! Tag them! Post in their thread! Post on their wall! Share it in Discord! Have fun with it!
Also note, this is your window to opt out of participation in the Extravaganza. Please message an available featurer if you would like to opt out so we may place your name on the ineligibility list provided with this year's nomination ballot. If we do not reply with a confirmation, don't feel shy about giving us a nudge. We want you to feel comfortable with the event! Participation in the Extravaganza is not compulsory, but we will need your decision in by the 13th of January so we may release an accurate nomination ballot on time.
Take some time these two weeks to read up on runs, and reflect on this year! This way you'll have a good idea of who you want to nominate when the ballot drops, and you can spread the love with everyone. Didn't update this year? Didn't read as much as you wanted to? Make and share a resolution for next year.
We hope you enjoy this fresh new start to Extravaganza. We'll be back with Nominations on January the 15th. Happy Nuz Year!