• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Ruleset 🦀 "Legacy Hall of Fame" and deaths 🦀

Uncle Pine

This kills the crab
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 13, 2019
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Hello nuzlocke peeps!

I know at least some of you tend to keep tabs about what mons you've already used in a certain game or series and afterwards make a point to not reuse them in subsequent nuzlockes of the same game/future runs of that same series. Examples:
A) Final team of a Platinum run: Crobat, Infernape, Bibarel, Giratina, Golem, Tentacruel. On subsequent Platinum playthroughs, you pick between Turtwig and Piplup for starters, skip 1st encounters if they're Bidoof, etc.
B) Same as above, but you're only barred from using the specific mons that made it to the HoF. Using the same example as 1), on your second run you could start with a Chimchar or catch a Bidoof, but they'd be stuck as Monferno and Bidoof respectively.

Having never explicitly done something of the sort and finding myself in a bit of a conundrum while playing Crystal Clear - a very expansive gen 2 hack, to say the least - I ask of you: how do you usually handle mid-E4 deaths in the context of a "legacy Hall of Fame" ruleset? What if the E4 don't constitute the end of your run (i.e. because you're playing GSC up to Red)?

Cheers 🦀

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker and Nuzlocke Completionist
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Hi there. I personally never used such a ruleset, though I do keep track of all the pokemon I lost over my nuzlockes as well as the ones who have entered the hall of fame, so I might one day try that, thanks for the idea.

Anyway for your question I can't answer from personal experience but I guess it depends on the technical definition of the rules you used in your run. Was your rule "not to use pokemon that have entered the hall of fame"? If so I'd count ones that died in the E4 battles as well.

But as usual when it comes to Nuzlockes, that's totally up to you, your game, your rules.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)