• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Search results

1. Funen1

Nuzlocke Hall of Fame

I realized I stopped posting about my HG Corruption Locke a long time ago so I guess I don't mind sharing the results of that alongside my other runs.
  2. Funen1

Comic Written Story Hoenn Mixed Media Teen Mon wee woo wee woo the FBI's here! Ch. 8.5

Congrats on being featured in the Spectacular! And wow your Jen is so different from my Jen. She's so audacious with everything she does and it's so silly lol. I'm anxious to see how she handles the situations later in the game. Keep at it!
  3. Funen1

Written Story Spin-off Mature Mon The Dark We Carry: A Colosseum Storylocke

Hey congrats on being featured in the Spectacular! If I can, I wanna comment on the full story up to this point from Deviantart since I've been following it there too.
  4. Funen1

Character building help? And possibly a general thread?

While I generally agree with Flop here, I think a clearer way to describe a Sue, and the standard I usually use to measure against my characters, might be "someone who is immune to conflict". In terms of avoiding that kind of pitfall, the advice I'd give would be whatever kind of background you...
  5. Funen1

Nuzlocke Do you have a deathless run? Or if not, what was the longest you have gone without a death?

No deathless runs so far here. The furthest I've gotten was in FireRed, where my only death was a Lapras in the Seafoam Islands because I forgot about Sheer Cold from wild Dewgong.
  6. Funen1

Written Story Hoenn Teen Mon Paved With Good Intentions - A Pokémon Emerald Corruption Locke

So I guess it's about time I started re-posting what little I had of this story here. The first two chapters were done last summer, but due to various real-life reasons I was not really in a good state of mind to continue. Thankfully things have improved a bit, and I recently finished the first...
  7. Funen1

Where are your favorite places to write?

I've also recently gotten into a habit of writing at work while I'm waiting for my shift to start (usually no more than a half hour, but at least it's something). Kinda surprised me when I realized it was happening, but I guess the lack of outside distractions helps me out there. And of course I...
  8. Funen1

Fun Things That Make You Happy!

Getting to see the X Games in-person for the first time - I'd only ever watched them on TV before, but moving to the Twin Cities certainly helped change that.
  9. Funen1

Comic Johto General Mon Folded (HeartGold nuzcomic)

Mareep busting into the Violet Gym is still one of my favorite parts. Makes me smile every time. :D
  10. Funen1

Comic Johto Teen Mon Blooming Glory: A Crystal Nuzlocke

Oh my god I could barely take that run through the E4. :( But at least this part's done with. Glory's story was always my favorite part of this run so I'll be sure to stick around for the rest. Best of luck going forward!
  11. Funen1

Nuzlocke Fun Things that Happen in Nuzlockes

The most awesome thing to happen to me in a Nuzlocke remains my fight against Wattson in Emerald, my first-ever Nuzlocke. As a bit of backstory, I had previously lost my Plan A for the fight, Daichi the Makuhita, before getting to Wattson, so I had to use other Pokemon for his team, such as...
  12. Funen1

General Shiny Pokemon Thread!

No shinies in Nuzlockes yet (I've done 4 so far), outside of the guaranteed Red Gyarados in HG, but I didn't use that, at least partially because I was using an "extended" Dupes Clause for story reasons and I was hesitant to have my protag use a duplicate despite it being shiny. As for shinies...
  13. Funen1

Is there a reason behind your typing?

Because Weavile is my favorite Pokemon and Ice is my favorite type, simple as that lol.
  14. Funen1

Work/Job Discussion

While not the only type of job I have right now, I still consider myself to be "primarily" a scientific editor, or at least that's the job that's more representative of my skill set. I've been working with two different editing companies, one for over five years and another for a bit over one...
  15. Funen1

Music  What are you listening to?

Because what better way to psych yourself up for the Pokemon League than a song that makes you feel invincible?
  16. Funen1

Video Games Crash Team Racing : Nitro Fueled

I don't currently have a way to play this, but I loved CTR as a kid so I'm sure I can highly recommend the remake too. All the boosting puts even more of an emphasis on player skill, and there's a ton of room for improvement and optimization with finding new ways to power slide through literally...
  17. Funen1

Play by Post Gym Improv

Hmmm... how about Fire 5 next? EDIT: Holy crap how'd I get ninja'd so hard lol. I don't want to change my post though.