• Ash has been all over the news lately and this site is no exception! Check out Ashes to Ashes, the latest featured run!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • Happy tapaversary, Guest! It's been about a year since the Tapatalk Takeover; if you'd like to make a donation to us to celebrate the fact that we tapped out of that site, please click here.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about the new Critique Level Tags!
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

Search results

1. Yuriakashu

Comic Johto Teen Mon Nuzlocke S3 - A SoulSilver Giftlocke

Hello! Probably the last update here I'll do for a while, but the daily updates w/ polishing and type setting continue on to (and soon through) Act 3! Nuzlocke S3 p. 318 - 319 is now up. Thank you all for your patience with this; I'm hoping that the next time I post here will be about...
  2. Yuriakashu

Video Games Popular Pokemon Opinions

I hope this is a popular take ... I hope this is a popular opinion ... but please, Nintendo: we need a DPPT remake soon. Like, next year. I want to experience my favorite region in beautiful HD without the old 3D graphics making me motion sick.
  3. Yuriakashu

Nuzlocke General Frustrating Things in Nuzlockes

YES to both of these. I won't dive too much into details because it involves a death later on in my SoulSilver giftlocke, but uh. I was level-grinding in Dark Cave near Blackthrone City, and ... Yeah. Yeah, let's leave it at that. Fuck Wobbuffet.
  4. Yuriakashu

Hey! Done with Cianwood Gym, entering the inky void, and. Oof. , oof. It looks like it's not gonna be better in these next two pages. Nuzlocke S3, p. 314 - 315 (refined/ edited version) is now up, and um. Content warning for corpses. I kinda wish I was kidding about the corpse warning, but...
  5. Yuriakashu

Today was the double update--! Nuzlocke S3, p. 298 - 299 and p. 300 - 301 are now up! Have the original preview image for this happy occasion. Look at how happy they are.
  6. Yuriakashu

Well, hey! It's time for the start of another chapter! Nuzlocke S3, p. 292 - 293 is now up! We're and moving on to the gym-- and got another double update ahead. Two pages will go up on September 2nd, one at 11 pm CST, the other at 1 pm CST, in celebration of 300 pages, finally being in...
  7. Yuriakashu

We're back!! Thank you all for your understanding. Nuzlocke S3 p. 284 - 285 is now up on Smackjeeves! This is a pretty short chapter, wrapping up by the end of this work week. Not much can happen in so few pages, right?
  8. Yuriakashu

Hey! As promised, I'm letting you guys know that I'm taking a week-long break from daily updates. This'll let me get my buffer back before school and let my hand rest. Daily updates will resume next Monday, August 26th-- thank you all so much for your understanding. <3
  9. Yuriakashu

Hello, everyone!! It's double update day. As they were originally uploaded on dA a few years back, p. 278 - 279 AND p. 280 - 281 are now cleaned-up and up on smackjeeves!! May all your ships sail smoothly. Currently, there's the usual daily update scheduled for tomorrow (8/17), starting the...
  10. Yuriakashu

Ahh, all moved into my apartment, and my buffer of daily updates hasn't run out yet. Excellent!! With p. 268 - 269 going up today, we're over halfway through with this monster of a chapter. I forget exactly where we are right now, so let's just see what's happening-- --oh. Oh, that doesn't...
  11. Yuriakashu

Comic Sinnoh General Mon Acceptance: A Diamond Nuzlocke

KABOOM!!! Best way to evolve from affection is the appreciation of a child, absolutely. (also, yeah, gray tones can be tricky to do with just a pen-- I've had the most success with stippling/ dots)
  12. Yuriakashu

Comic Kanto Teen Mon Pokemon Yellow Nostalgialocke

Holy crap, congratulations!!! Such a sweet ending. Family hug!!!!
  13. Yuriakashu

Nuzlocke Moves you have grown to love/hate thanks to Nuzlockes

This is such an interesting thread--! I agree with a lot of the answers already here, but here's mine: Love: Bite. This one's tricky because I don't remember whether or not I liked the move before nuzlocking, but it's such a useful move. Physical move that does regular damage on rock types with...
  14. Yuriakashu

Comic Sinnoh General Mon Acceptance: A Diamond Nuzlocke

TINY LAD TIME!!!!! In case I haven't said it before, I love the short line (almost hatch) shading you have for the cliffs and the Very Good But No Longer Tiny Monkey Lad. It's an effective way to shade, giving more definition than longer lines. I'll need to try it sometime in my own work.
  15. Yuriakashu

Comic Kanto General Mon Kurukkoo!

Clearly the best motivation to take on and win the pokemon league is so that your rival has to get a stupid hair cut. I love it. I love them, I love this conversation-- I love how they're friends!! I support both of them.
  16. Yuriakashu

Work/Job Discussion

Hello!! Wow, lots of job variation here. I just finished grad school in the spring (MFA in Creative Writing) and am fortunate enough to have a hypothetical job with the same college in the fall. Hypothetical because they still haven't e-mailed me paperwork to fill out, even though everyone in...
  17. Yuriakashu

Just a week later, and Save 10 has wrapped up! Pages 236 - 237 went up yesterday, wrapping up Olivine City (for now), and pages 238 - 239 went up today, beginning Save 11 and what I refer to as The Surfing Saga. Surfing's a big deal when 2/3s of your party are fire-types ... With Save 10 being...
  18. Yuriakashu

Hello~ The daily updates on Smackjeeves continue. The last page of Save 9, p. 220 - 221, went up Thursday, and the first page of Save 10, p. 222 - 223, went up yesterday. This is one of my favorite chapters, looking back; I love me some worldbuilding.
  19. Yuriakashu

Hello, hello! Save 8 has wrapped up, and p. 202 - 203 just went up today, starting Save 9. This chapter focuses on Ecruteak Gym, the horrors of Hypnosis, growth spurts, and phone numbers. I hope you enjoy!
  20. Yuriakashu

What is your favorite Pokémon move?

Ah, yes, let me preach the good word of Dig. Like Fly, it's a two-turn move, letting you avoid the attacker's, erm, attacks, but I can also teach it to any and every eeveelution I get. Every Eevee should know Dig. Vaporeon? Dig. Umbreon? Dig. Flareon? Look at my nuzlocke; it wouldn't be alive...