• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
[June 28, 2013] Wonderwall [Washi]

Feature [June 28, 2013] Wonderwall [Washi]

This feature was originally posted by Lesbian Xion, June 28, 2013. This is an archived version of the feature. To see the original feature, Follow this link to the Tapatalk archive.

Another Friday means another feature! I've got a storylocke for you guys today. And not just any storylocke. This is...

Wonderwall by Washi! And there's a banner for it too!

That is one nice banner, not gonna lie.

A nuzlocke of Pokemon Yellow version, Wonderwall features a protagonist that you don't see very often in most nuzlockes - The narrator is Casey, a Pikachu with a guitar and a grumpy attitude. Intrigued, yet? Washi's other characters are just as memorable - the trainer is True, who's more Casey's partner rather than trainer. (Although, True does train Pokemon, too!) The rest of the team are very dynamic in their personalities, and not once does anybody feel like stereotypical . Washi has a handle on all of their characters and it shows. Even the rival, Gary Oak, has a personality that's completely opposite True (and his starter, Cassidy, is the same to Casey) but that makes them even more interesting when they show up to interact with everyone else. Seriously, the way she writes her characters and their interactions (and reactions!) with each other, are just great.

Casey himself is definitely an interesting take on the usual starter persona. For one, he doesn't like to battle - which is hinted at multiple times throughout the story that it most likely has something to do with his past - and his relationship with True is something that makes them both more real as characters.

Another thing that is captured my interest was the dialogue. Washi's dialogue never feels stilted or generic, but instead does the exact opposite. She knows how to use the dialogue to express the character's emotions and thoughts, and they benefit from it. Her descriptions, on the other hand, are very nice and the world building shines through and makes you want to learn more about the world that Washi has set up for her nuzlocke.

So far, in story, they're defeated two gyms, and both matches were exciting to read. The Misty battle was my favorite, for me anyway. I'm curious to see where the other battles go, and hoping Casey's past will be revealed as the story goes along. Whatever the case, Washi will handle it beautifully, I'm sure.

With that, go give Wonderwall a read! If you have suggestions, make sure to head to this thread; we like to hear your thoughts. :3 See you next time, next Friday!
Author
Bigredlittlewolf
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Bigredlittlewolf