• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Happy new forum! We decided this was a golden opportunity for us to feature a fresh new imported run!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!
TerryTheTeryx
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Sup y’all I just watched the new Lion King and now I want to not.
    We've never spoken but tbh you're super cool and whenever I see your avatar around it's usually gonna be a quality post that contributes something! I appreciate you bein' around Terry!
    Has anyone else ever tried writing a concept in your story that innocently represents something but you’re simultaneously paranoid that it’s gonna be seen as offensive by someone.
    Reactions: Rubombee
    MouseWithADinosaurTail
    MouseWithADinosaurTail
    Did you mean my entire comic?

God Terry, just @ me next time. X"DDD For real though, if you want any advice on the thing you're worried about, I might be able to help if you want! I could probably tell you whether or not the thing you wanna do is chill, or point you in the direction of someone who knows better?
    TerryTheTeryx
    TerryTheTeryx
    wait are you serious?
    I was referring to a deaf character I’m trying to write, but Yeehaw that works too.

I might end up taking you up on that offer, but for the time being I think I’ve got it covered :D
    Bug
    Bug
    I think it's natural to feel that way with what your story is about.
    Something just happened on my Nuzlocke that I really don’t like but now I’m stuck trying to find my way out of this mess.
    Reactions: angryskitty
    Bug
    Bug
    It's always a balancing act. With that buffer space, I think you'll be fine, it'll just be tough. Webcomics usually have the pleasure of being made while they are released, anyways, so the whole thing becomes a story that evolves over the process of it's creation. I recently had advice to not plan so hard before I started, and to leave myself open for change. I think you've found a pretty happy medium, really.
    TerryTheTeryx
    TerryTheTeryx
    Yeah, I think I get what you mean, Mouse! I doubt that that method would work very well for me, though.
    I think it all just comes down to each author having their own working method that isn't going to screw them over.
    With my earlier projects, I actually used to plan every little tiny scene out.. I have no clue how I was content with it, considering my characters literally write themselves at this point.
    MouseWithADinosaurTail
    MouseWithADinosaurTail
    Yup yup! Just gotta find what works for you. And it seems like your method works for you very well!
    One part of me wants to have a comic that actually features humans and the other part of me wants to get through the other two comic ideas plus the one I have now that are Pokémon-centric and won't swiftly destroy all of the worldbuilding I've done for a Pokémon-only world.
    Oh, and there's also the fact that I draw godawful humans :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…