• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
SaintsGarden
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Albums About

• Late May through June absolutely nerfed my already spotty online presence so hard, I'm not even gonna go near artfight this year... not gonna be too sad about it, there's always next year
    csidvuL
    csidvuL
    Looking forward to seeing you around more, when you are able to be!
    It seems my 10 page essay on why the question "are humans Pokémon?" would be a hugely controversial debate in the Pokéworld's scientific community might be 'too long' to be in a chapter footnote :ohdear:
    I... I think it's finally safe to say writing, editing, and painting is all done, so... chapter 2 is gonna be posted today in the afternoon-ish...? And chapter one's illustrations are already up-to-date!
    Reactions: csidvuL
    SaintsGarden
    SaintsGarden
    Definitely should say that I 100% jinxed myself pretty bad by trying to have a nice 'monthly' deadline for it, right before life said "no thank you" and choke slammed me back into bed lol... thankfully my workload should NOT be nearly as intensive for future chapters lol, and chapter 3 is already being written so it shouldn't take nearly as long.
    Bug
    Bug
    oh hell yeah, congrats on getting it done! Especially with all the life roadblocks in your way. That just makes it more impressive!
    Progress... ;w; fully inked, half-inked, needs BG fully sketched out and to be inked. But then after that it's just adding a bit of colour, and it'll be ready for posting the next chapter... hopefully the 30th/31st if I can stick to schedule.

Bug
    Bug
    Oh my god this is so pretty. I didn’t know you did traditional art as well! What are you going to use to color this? Water color? Copics?
    SaintsGarden
    SaintsGarden
    @Bug Aaah thank you so much 😭 working traditionally really helps with drawing out detail I struggle with adding digitally :') and I actually use gouache! I usually dilute it down a lot for line art heavy pieces like these, so the finished product has a more water colour feel ^__^
    Reactions: Bug
    Bug
    Bug
    Omg I almost asked if you would use gouache but I didn’t since most people I guess, just dont?? This is so cool, I love gouache.
    I've been thinking of how batshit it is that Clay asks the BW protag to perform citizen's arrests on any plasma members in Driftveil, and it's reminded me of a silly pet peeve of mine: jokey criticisms asking why the police aren't getting involved to 'point out' the how 'unrealistic' these kids' games are, but especially in Kanto/Johto. Like... Rocket? The Pokémon Yakuza? How do you think the yakuza operates IRL...?
    Hopefully the second chapter of ORWS should be done (the writing portion at least) soon... I told myself to make this one shorter than the first one, and then went over 4K words before I was even finished, ahahahaha... ( ;-;)
    Tiniest thumbnails in the world, very possibly drawn by a very small rodent, or an ant

(Yes, these are sketches for re-dos of chapter one. I was soooo frustrated by the illustrations I initially made, so I'm trying to figure out what was lacking and how to fix it before I do more.)
    Scarier than almost losing one 'mon in a nuzlocke is having your entire team be one bad twist of RNG fate away from being completely wiped out, all because you forgot about an upcoming rival battle. Ghetsis? No, Bianca is the scariest person to see on the way to Opelucid.
    I think my wrist is starting to feel the burnout of posting a new storylocke + first chapter, hand-writing an entire assignment, and preparing for my second microbio test this morning. Rune Factory 4 tomorrow is going to be my respite from developing carpal tunnel.
    I have drafts in the works for a Platinum comic, but I went from being constantly busy last week to sleeping for 12 hours a day completely (safely, with permission) unmedicated, so drawing time/energy was absolutely impossible to find. I will do my best this week. _(:3 」∠)_
    I just got home from the last meeting for a program for women in poverty at the YWCA... :') While this'll definitely free up my time on Thursdays for creative pursuits, it was a fun weekly thing for me these past few months, so it's a little bittersweet! I still have an academic upgrading Biology course on Mondays and Wednesdays, though.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…