• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Seven of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode concludes one reading and premiers another. Also, we brought back several guests for an extra long discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
khorale
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Looking back on it, it's startling to see how much I've improved since my first Nuzlocke comic (that I... kinda abandoned to the depth of tapatalk). The similar poses weren't intentional! I noticed it when I was flipping through my old comic!
    I made a new signature but the deviantart img linked there just won't resize so it turned out huge. I had to upload to imgur to be able to make it smaller so idk what's up with that.

The new banner for Sweet ReLEAF turned out great though!
    Just finished the main storyline of Rescue Team DX! The updated graphics are very nice and added a lot to the original game.
    Dee
    Dee
    I love the artstyle! I hope the PMD series keeps it moving forward. (Though a few character models could use a bit more variance--my Skitty protag reacted to every even with the same beaming smile, even negative ones xD)
    Riboo
    Riboo
    Nice, I was thinking of getting it, but a'las, I've sunk into the Animal Crossing hole and I can't get out
    I'm too used to freestyle drawing that when I try planning how something's supposed to go, my mind goes blank instead. I'm thinking in circles and now... I think I forgot how to even start drawing a comic.
    pinkshellos
    pinkshellos
    Aw, man. That’s a mood. I’m personally trying to write the story down in words before I start drawing the pages, cuz I’d also have no idea where to start or where to go.
    Worked on the next update all morning to now and still not done! I thought about splitting it into 2 parts but then again, the finals are there back to back so I might as well do it all in one go.

Stay tuned!
    I've also been playing a Pokemon Black Randomizer Nuzlocke on the side. I've been thinking of creating a comic and I've already drawn 2 pages... Although I don't know if I should wait until I finish the game (who knows how long that'll take) to keep drawing? Since not knowing the fate of my mons could change the course of the story.

Hmm, I also need to come up with a title too ^_^;;.
    Bug
    Bug
    I have a whole bunch I could share, but knowing what you’re most interested in learning first can help. As a comprehensive resource, Scott McCloud’s Making Comics is one of my favorite reads about comics in general! And if you need a beta for individual pages, I’m always down.
    khorale
    khorale
    I like characters and plot, and how to make them interesting. I know that sounds a little vague, but I feel like anything I make has been probably done a dozen times already.
    Reactions: Bug
    Bug
    Bug
    Okay! I’m definitely more of a visuals guy, buuuuuuut I might know someone who knows some stuff @Jimcloud @Jimcloud @Jimcloud
    When it comes to using visuals to bring out good pacing, emotion and emphasize the characters and storytelling tho, that I can do.
    Playing through the finals and my hands won't stop shaking. I'm like 5 levels higher than them but I feel hellishly underleveled. Each match feels like I'm balancing on the edge of life and death. Or like a roller coaster, where you feel palpable dread as the drop comes into view, and you narrowly get through by the skins of your teeth.

I... could use a break. This is stressful. Next update will come out tomorrow.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…