• Ash has been all over the news lately and this site is no exception! Check out Ashes to Ashes, the latest featured run!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • Happy tapaversary, Guest! It's been about a year since the Tapatalk Takeover; if you'd like to make a donation to us to celebrate the fact that we tapped out of that site, please click here.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about the new Critique Level Tags!
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!
io_
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• sure love feeling so sick and stressed that i've barely eaten anything today and missed lectures/extracurriculars

fun
    • Cry
    Reactions: Rubombee
    MouseWithADinosaurTail
    MouseWithADinosaurTail
    In the same boat, yo. >o< Sorry it's happening to. But rest if you need to, it's more important than anything else
    Reactions: io_
    io_
    io_
    thank u and i hope u feel better too :hello: i'm resting a lot now, or at least trying to
    Folks what do you do if you're editing and reediting your writing to sound better but you still hate it, all of it

I've been editing and redoing the chapter for two days straight now and I've never felt this degree of contempt for my own writing before, idk what to do about it

It's not even... *that* bad imo, like it's salvageable and has good moments in I just hate everything I do
    Reactions: Flopdisc
    cross_off
    cross_off
    tap out and do smth else for a bit so you can come back with fresh eyes. alternatively just make a checklist of everything you think is essential for the chapter and cut it down to just that, then start rebuilding from there. sounds drastic but sometimes that sort of fresh start / perspective is really helpful particularly if you're feeling stuck in a rut (and it happens to everyone really)
    io_
    io_
    that's actually a v good idea, thank you :)
    Flopdisc
    Flopdisc
    Hand it off to a beta reader or a friend you trust for discussion. Mix that with the above, even — walk away for a couple days amen fire it off to a mate after that.
    Reactions: io_
    After I put up Chapter 04 for Reckless Renewal (which is still taking a while, I have 4k words for draft 2 and I hate them all D:) I'm probably going to take a break from updating for a couple of months. I'm updating too slowly due to personal problems rn and atm I need to be dealing with them, pre-reading and preparing to go back to university next week. Besides, I should take some time out to write buffer updates
    feel a lot better about this than i did but - that moment when a youtuber whose videos have helped you deal with tricky things, who you've admired for years, starts on a twitter thread that is complaining about ppl like you and basically saying they fear for the future b/c of ppl like you

it comes across as hurtful ngl

on the plus side ppl on the nuzlocke discord are lovely and i want to give them all hugs
    finally updated after like a month of feeling bad and creatively sterile and mourning my lost save file

yeeeeeeeeet
    Got as similar a Starter as I could on my new storyshot save file! To keep it consistent, the "new" Jay had to have his HA, a character-fitting Nature/trait and an awful Atk IV so I didn't advantage myself

Jay on the old lost save file was Rash, Could Take Hits and had Long Reach, HP IV was 0, Atk was 5, others were high

The new Jay has Long Reach and is Quirky, V Finicky. HP IV is 16, Atk is 1 and SpDef is 1 (oof)
    have a new laptop - by which i mean the cheapest second-hand windows one I could find after hours of searching - so i can get back to redoing the reborn save file and restoring my work bit by bit ayyyyy
    So because I've lost so much data, but still have some buffer updates (up to Gym 1), I'm going to have to put my run on hold for a little while until I can get a PC which can play Pokemon Reborn (the fangame the run is based on) and get a save file back up to speed. It's going to take a bit of work until I can get everything up to speed, though... this sucks so much...

I'll put all of this on my run's thread, too
    My laptop has crashed for good and my backup USB corrupted, so I've lost:

- My storyshot run save file
    - Nearly all my screenshots
    - Newer rewrites of future storyshot updates
    - HoFs from my completed nuzlockes in Insurgence, Solar Light and Flora Sky

I know a new laptop can help me recreate the storyshot save and the buffer updates can be redone, but losing the HoFs hurts too... it's almost like I've lost friends
    ugh trying to update and the imgur links are in the wrong order so i have to redo it and change the fonts to custom and why is this so time-consuming
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…