• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
io_
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• that moment when u realise u have to cut barry entirely from sinnoh storylocke shenanigans as he'd serve no real purpose in the plans and he's too similar to other characters, but he's a smol bean and u care he D:
    *goddammit* drayano

renegade platinum is testing me

watch me lose another pokemon to a crit from an epic coverage hard 'mon fight ;p

i have written a song in this game's honour, it goes as follows:

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-"
    io_
    io_
    @Thirteenth i've literally just beaten fantina xD without any casualties which. is good because i had a really weird strategy to beat her and to my shock it actually worked

but yeah the pokemon that i was having trouble with was aaron - drayano puts him in before hearthome with level 31 hellmons and i lost my rotom-heat to a crit
    Thirteenth
    Thirteenth
    OH YES I REMEMBER HIM....................... I'm so sorry ;;; the only reason I got through that hack relatively unscathed was cause I did nothing without looking at the documentation lmao he would've killed me if I'd gone in blind... also helped that I was playing with friends who picked up on things that I missed
    Reactions: io_
    N
    No-name
    Most fangames/ROM hacks like to just Sucker Punch the player with "Gotcha!" battles it seems. I wonder why is that ? :psyduck:
    It's incredibly cathartic to annoy the Johto Elite 4 with an Umbreon

Specifically a Taunt/Flash/Confuse Ray Umbreon with a Brightpowder >;)

also finally none of my team died to the League in a nuzlocke yeeeeeeeet
    Welp, just lost my starter and my badass Camerupt to crits. They got saved by the BS Clause only to die like 10 minutes after haha

Honestly, this pokemon rejuvenation fangame isn't worth blind nuzlocking anymore. The story and characters aren't great, the gameplay can be awful (the Yveltal's only 1 example) and without my starter, Crest, it just won't feel the same...

MouseWithADinosaurTail
    MouseWithADinosaurTail
    Fangames never really seem worth nuzlocking, honestly. Stuff like this just seems extremely common in them. Not good game design.
    MouseWithADinosaurTail
    MouseWithADinosaurTail
    I'm so sorry, I forgot to mention, I'm sorry about your starter and camerupt. Losing a starter is always the worst, and camerupt is such a good mon. ;-;
    • Cry
    io_
    io_
    @MouseWithADinosaurTail Oh no bean ur fine it's okay 💜 literally my Camerupt was so so cool, and swept opponents and 'mons who would have otherwise wiped me. And my Empoleon was incredible and I literally didn't think he'd die... D: but thank you anyway. And legit I think you're right about fangames
    No-one:

No-one at all:

The fangame I'm nuzlocking, which also makes this custom move have priority:

(Looks like I'm throwing in BS Clause for the second time through playing this ;P)
    io_
    io_
    @CompleteWingback pokemon rejuvenation ;P also the source of my previous status posts complaining about the mewtwo and giratina

i haven't even mentioned its issues with story and characters ;P
    N
    No-name
    This seems to be a new addition, when I played an older version It did NOT have a custom move. Seriously, why is that move in the game anyway? It just makes an already nearly-impossible fight even more impossible.
    Uberle
    Uberle
    @No-name
    It’s literally only there to make sure you don’t win
    That’s it
    the Pokemon Rejuvenation fangame continues to show Balance by throwing a giratina in my face. i only had three badges by the time i fought it D: rip, my stoutland...

ps: if i ever write a storyshot of this, i am doing everything i can to rewrite this arc's plot D: like... it's got potential! but there is a lot that could be improved

• Cry
    Reactions: Rubombee and Dee
    N
    No-name
    When I played this part of the time the Giratina was the least of my problems in this battle. But that was way back in v10. So I'm assuming the game was changed to be even more difficult because…...…. reasons
    pokemon rejuvenation is a Totally Fair and Balanced Game

what could be more joyous than nuzlocking blind and getting met with fights like this:

I have made an announcement on the forums about something that I've found about the fangame which my storyshot was based on, and why that means I'm quitting my storyshot now. I'm really sad about this, but I don't see what else I can feel comfortable doing. Thank you to everyone who read it, your comments mean a lot and I really appreciate all the critique and encouragement you've given me.
    update: y'all the carbink died... quartz, i'm so sorry

it turns out that *someone* leads with a water? (i think it's water)/bug ace with swords dance and crit razor shell 😭

me and my replacement alolan golem kicked his ass in po town later so at least we got revenge

also whoever designed pokemon moon's story - please can they get a prize, this is almost as good as BW for me so far
    that moment when you're nuzlocking pokemon moon blind, and the terrifying duo of totem lurantis and sunny day castform kill 2 pokemon and threaten to cause a wipe

and it's a level 24 CARBINK that saves you

it survived solar blade/water gun with 1HP/used reflect, i built up x defs/reflect/healing, it got sent to red so often and never died

it then used sharpen x5 and KOed both w rock tomb

i'm still very shocked
    Sorry if I usually comment on/read your run but haven't done so lately, I've been very ill + swamped in work from the end of Oct to now so things aren't easy.
    csidvuL
    csidvuL
    It’s good to hear from you regardless! Thankyou for checking in, it’s very considerate.
    io_
    io_
    Thank you! Thought I may as well say something, I don't want people to think that I don't like their runs anymore (all ur runs are so good aaaaaa)
    Rubombee
    Rubombee
    arghhhh mood (except for me it may be burnout)
    I should probably make a status like that too
    me: u know what *every* planned character of mine needs?

no-one: ...

absolutely no-one: ...

me: SAD BACKSTORY TIME YEEEEET
    literally everyone in every nuz/dnd discord chat thinks i'm babey lmao xD

would like to remind people that i am in fact an adult with a job and mentoring responsibilities, i may have an adorable cuddly toy my sis gave me but that means nothing smh

two decades, i've lived them, i may not be able to drink in the US but i can in my home country ;P

drinking age is 18 over here, f in the chat for u all in America xD
    io_
    io_
    I'm partly being self-deprecating, mostly joking about all this but part of me feels like my very pride is at stake lmaoooo
    Chess
    Chess
    it's too late, you are already babey
    • eyes
    csidvuL
    csidvuL
    just wait until you stop getting IDed............... except by middle-aged cashiers doing you a kindness at the liquor store, with whom you share a knowing smile
    • Cry
    sure love feeling so sick and stressed that i've barely eaten anything today and missed lectures/extracurriculars

fun
    • Cry
    Reactions: Rubombee
    MouseWithADinosaurTail
    MouseWithADinosaurTail
    In the same boat, yo. >o< Sorry it's happening to. But rest if you need to, it's more important than anything else
    io_
    io_
    thank u and i hope u feel better too :hello: i'm resting a lot now, or at least trying to
    Folks what do you do if you're editing and reediting your writing to sound better but you still hate it, all of it

I've been editing and redoing the chapter for two days straight now and I've never felt this degree of contempt for my own writing before, idk what to do about it

It's not even... *that* bad imo, like it's salvageable and has good moments in I just hate everything I do
    Reactions: csidvuL
    d'angelo russell
    d'angelo russell
    tap out and do smth else for a bit so you can come back with fresh eyes. alternatively just make a checklist of everything you think is essential for the chapter and cut it down to just that, then start rebuilding from there. sounds drastic but sometimes that sort of fresh start / perspective is really helpful particularly if you're feeling stuck in a rut (and it happens to everyone really)
    io_
    io_
    that's actually a v good idea, thank you :)
    csidvuL
    csidvuL
    Hand it off to a beta reader or a friend you trust for discussion. Mix that with the above, even — walk away for a couple days amen fire it off to a mate after that.
    After I put up Chapter 04 for Reckless Renewal (which is still taking a while, I have 4k words for draft 2 and I hate them all D:) I'm probably going to take a break from updating for a couple of months. I'm updating too slowly due to personal problems rn and atm I need to be dealing with them, pre-reading and preparing to go back to university next week. Besides, I should take some time out to write buffer updates
    feel a lot better about this than i did but - that moment when a youtuber whose videos have helped you deal with tricky things, who you've admired for years, starts on a twitter thread that is complaining about ppl like you and basically saying they fear for the future b/c of ppl like you

it comes across as hurtful ngl

on the plus side ppl on the nuzlocke discord are lovely and i want to give them all hugs
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…