• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Seven of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode concludes one reading and premiers another. Also, we brought back several guests for an extra long discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
Hydrochlorinate
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums Resources About

• Why are Phanphy and Donphan's movesets so... different?
    Hydrochlorinate
    Hydrochlorinate
    Level up. Phanphy has exclusively normal moves (and rollout and charm), while Donphan has a good mix of ground, normal and dark moves.
    TheTRUEgge
    TheTRUEgge
    Oh, huh! That’s really weird
    Emperor ServingSpoon
    Emperor ServingSpoon
    I think the idea is that Phanpy is baby and only knows how to Tackle and stuff, while Donphan is big boy who can Earthquake and stuff. Nothing drastically different from Caterpie vs. Butterfree, except that the baby actually gets a full moveset and the evolution happens many levels later. It actually happens for quite a few lines, though usually to a lesser extent.
    Making a gen 1 replacement hack right now, and I just realized that there are only 4 ground type pokemon in the entire game, including evolutions. Guess who gets to change some pokes to dual types
    • Love
    Reactions: pinkshellos
    Garnet
    Garnet
    Mm... Golem, Sandslash, Dugtrio, Marowak, Rhydon lines... The Nidos get a Ground secondary... I'm missing one. Phanpy's Jo- ONIX
    Most Gen I Ground types don't feel like Ground? The Golem/Rhydon lines and Onix are more Rock. The Nidos are more Poison. Sandslash doesn't get any Ground moves through level in RBY. Cubone... I know Bone Club and etc are Ground, but they're bones. Ghost vibes. Diglett and Dugtrio are it.
    Hydrochlorinate
    Hydrochlorinate
    I meant after the replacements, there's only like 6 mons. THe diglett line is being replaced by the drillbur one, the cubone one by golett, and the sandshrew line is being replaced by phanphy and donphan. That's only 6 pokemon, so I decided to give Carbink, who's replaceing Onix, and Dunsparce, who's replacing kangaskhan, a secondary ground typing.
    Reactions: Garnet
    Garnet
    Garnet
    Ahh, alright, that makes sense! :0 Ground type Dunsparce sounds neat, and it fits well with the whole "using its tail to burrow into the earth" thing mentioned in its dex entries! It learns enough Ground moves through level up that I'm honestly surprised they never did anything with that eventually in canon, too, even just as a regional form or something. Hopefully your additions will make it a little more usable!
    its not cheating if i use showdown's custom battle feature to simulate important fights right?
    mondograss
    mondograss
    That's basically like doing damage calcs, so I would say no.
    I can't believe there are squiddle emotes on this forum :squiddle4:
    • eye zoom
    Reactions: Fool and Rubombee
    Bug
    Bug
    Back during Homestuck's peak this forum was full of Homestucks. It still is their just much harder to find. But 4/13 is coming, they'll pop back out.
    Fool
    Fool
    You cannot avoid it, you cannot escape it. You are stuck. You are home. You are Homestuck.
    Hydrochlorinate
    Hydrochlorinate
    when the home gets unstuck idk ive never watched the anime
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…